Any of you prescribing ivermectin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a couple people in just the last couple days come to me in the "hey doc... can I ask you something real quick..." which of course isn't going to be really quick, but I know what's coming.

Our system just sent the vaccine mandate email. I worked over the nurses I could and did convince several as delta was exploding. It's now the housekeeping staff seems like. I'm working on them and trying to love them into it. I might just get there with a few of them. It's a small facility... it's like family. I have mostly given up on outside people, but if I have a connection... maybe.

I signed another covid death certificate yesterday, but this one was younger than me; obesity was her main risk factor. Coded before she even got to the hospital. (And with a young family, hospice offers a year of bereavement services. That right there is worth the paperwork even though she didn't live long after they extubated her.)

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
This is the conclusion from the Israel study. So why can someone vaccinated have more freedom than someone who has proof of past infection? So why are people with natural immunity required to get weekly tested by Biden's executive order but vaccinated not?
To spite them? People are burned out and pissed off by the anti-vax, it's "just the flu" crowd. I can see why they want everyone to act "responsibly" and get vaccinated.

1) I could care less if the already infected are vaccinated. Herd immunity is herd immunity. Those infected after vaccines were available are most likely idiots who may have to live with long term sequelae from the disease. We do not yet know what long COVID entails. Will there be something similar to shingles or perhaps like measles subacute sclerosing panencephalitis? Wait 10 years and then have a fatal progressive neurological catastrophe? Perhaps it'll be like a missed Kawasaki disease, enjoy your early STEMI.

2) Counterpoint is that I would like prior infected people to get at least one vaccine dose. Reinfection is a real issue and a higher level of immunity will increase herd immunity.

It does grind my gears a bit to have to fully gear up (still with suboptimal PPE) and see some unvaccinated, unmasked loser whining about how much they are suffering with COVID and they need me to fix them (mind you their vitals are fine and they're going to be discharged ASAP). Please - IV fluids? narcotics? antibiotics? ivermectin? prednisone? or bamlanivimab-etesevimab-mucho-dinero*-placebo? Those folks are the pandemic equivalent of driving drunk. Mostly they hurt themselves, but they'll take a few of us with them. I've got family that are immunosuppressed and I'd kind of like not to be the vector that kills them.

* Apparently bamlanivimab-etesevimab costs $1,250 per vial. Pfizer and Moderna cost the US Gov't something like $19.50 per dose.

Reactions: 6 users
It does grind my gears a bit to have to fully gear up (still with suboptimal PPE) and see some unvaccinated, unmasked loser whining about how much they are suffering with COVID and they need me to fix them (mind you their vitals are fine and they're going to be discharged ASAP). Please - IV fluids? narcotics? antibiotics? ivermectin? prednisone? or bamlanivimab-etesevimab-mucho-dinero*-placebo? Those folks are the pandemic equivalent of driving drunk. Mostly they hurt themselves, but they'll take a few of us with them. I've got family that are immunosuppressed and I'd kind of like not to be the vector that kills them.

* Apparently bamlanivimab-etesevimab costs $1,250 per vial. Pfizer and Moderna cost the US Gov't something like $19.50 per dose.

Yup, but yet the cheap and highly efficacious vaccine is a massive "pharma" conspiracy while the expensive outpatient mABs, also produced by pharma and of questionable benefit, are the anti-vaxxers and covid minimizers/deniers answer for why they don't need a vaccine. Because the "monopoly bodies" will save them.

I'll admit that I'm impressed with the ability of these guys to breeze past any potential whispers of cognitive dissonance.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One of my kids' coaches let it out that she's a huge anti-COVID-vaxxer and was claiming she was going to get "religious exemptions" for her whole family due to Catholicism/abortions/fetuses/vaccines/mumbo/jumbo-blah, blah, blah. When it was pointed out that it's not against her religion, that her Pope publicly urged all Catholics to get the vaccine, she became speechless with a look on her face like she had just smelled a fart and didn't have a plan.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
One of my kids' coaches let it out that she's a huge anti-COVID-vaxxer and was claiming she was going to get "religious exemptions" for her whole family due to Catholicism/abortions/fetuses/vaccines/mumbo/jumbo-blah, blah, blah. When it was pointed out that it's not against her religion, that her Pope publicly urged all Catholics to get the vaccine, she became speechless with a look on her face like she had just smelled a fart and didn't have a plan.
khj9qww61xm71.jpg

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
HIV-1 is a commonly used drug?
I saw that too.

It's a pretty great idea, this attestation, but there are a couple problems with the execution. Putting "sincerely held belief" in quotes may come off as if you're mocking people who espouse them.

Reactions: 1 users
I saw that too.

It's a pretty great idea, this attestation, but there are a couple problems with the execution. Putting "sincerely held belief" in quotes may come off as if you're mocking people who espouse them.

and Xigris... didn't that die a terrific death?

Apparently, fetal cell lines are used in the development of many common products people aren't even aware of, including cosmetics, many medications and food products.

Last edited:
Also, no need to include Preparation H. Nobody actually admits to using that.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, no need to include Preparation H. Nobody actually admits to using that.
Hey! I use that to deal with the pain in you know what from admin... It burns!

She doesn't care about religion. Me me me I'm so important, special, and different.

Reactions: 3 users
To spite them? People are burned out and pissed off by the anti-vax, it's "just the flu" crowd. I can see why they want everyone to act "responsibly" and get vaccinated.

It's amazing how many people thought they were the chlorine in the gene pool, when they're actually the bacteria.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge covid.
Of course... because you can see them flying around...

(and yes, both my comment and the comment I'm replying to are both examples of fine sparkling sarcasm).

Last edited:
Of course... because you can see them flying around...

(and yes, both my comment and the comment I'm relying to are both examples of fine sparkling sarcasm).

It's sparkling sarcasm because it doesn't come from the hyperbole region of France.

Boner medications also work for some pulm hypertension.

My dog developed that some years ago. The vet recommended this.

Ended up going to a compounding pharmacy and getting chewable beef flavored sildenafil for the dog.

I kid you not.

• Wow
It takes cajones to prescribe something the FDA specifically says not to. Indefensible if a negative outcome occurs.

Now that the FDA has said "no boosters under 65, with limited exceptions" lets see where this goes. But absolutely indefensible if a negative outcome occurs is correct, "First, do no harm." Oddly enough, that ruling is similar to my thoughts about the initial vaccine series itself, albeit with a higher age limit.

Now that the FDA has said "no boosters under 65, with limited exceptions" lets see where this goes. But absolutely indefensible if a negative outcome occurs is correct, "First, do no harm."
I mean, "high risk" includes a huge number of people if we go by the same rules for who is high risk to get the antibody infusions.

duplicate

Last edited:

Ended up going to a compounding pharmacy and getting chewable beef flavored sildenafil for the dog.

I kid you not.
You got an echo on your dog? I got an ekg on mine but it was a waste of money.

I kid you not.
Dog's gotta bone

• Haha
You got an echo on your dog? I got an ekg on mine but it was a waste of money.

Yes.

Interestingly, when I was talking to the veterinary cardiologist about cardiac pathology in dogs, he said that they don't suffer from coronary artery disease and MIs like we humans do. Then again, I remember a professor in medical school saying they don't suffer from AAAs either because something was different about the perfusion in their aortic walls.

Last edited:
Then again, I remember a professor in medical school saying they don't suffer from AAAs either because something was different about the perfusion in their aortic walls.
My dogs usually don’t smoke either.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I mean, "high risk" includes a huge number of people if we go by the same rules for who is high risk to get the antibody infusions.
Next: Changing the definition of "high risk," to include nearly everyone, then add a caveat on the end of the definition, something like, "All those deemed at high risk, including anyone who feels they're at risk."

Next: Changing the definition of "high risk," to include nearly everyone, then add a caveat on the end of the definition, something like, "All those deemed at high risk, including anyone who feels they're at risk."
I'd be fine with that for boosters

That sounds a lot like allowing people to make up their own minds regarding their own risk. Sounds dangerous.

• Okay...
That sounds a lot like allowing people to make up their own minds regarding their own risk. Sounds dangerous.

Nah. A decent (though still imperfect) analogy is driving. People who want a booster are like people seeking to drive below the speed limit -- while sometimes annoying, it generally makes the roads safer for them and everybody. Whereas people who don't want to get vaccinated at all simply don't want to a speed limit to apply to them, increasing the risk to others on the road.

While it'd be nice to have some more objective "high risk" criteria, the discussion on boosters is just getting started and far from over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Nah. A decent (though still imperfect) analogy is driving. People who want a booster are like people seeking to drive below the speed limit -- while sometimes annoying, it generally makes the roads safer for them and everybody. Whereas people who don't want to get vaccinated at all simply don't want to a speed limit to apply to them, increasing the risk to others on the road.

While it'd be nice to have some more objective "high risk" criteria, the discussion on boosters is just getting started and far from over.
I feel the need.....the need for SPEED!

I'm not sure about that list of meds. Some of them seem to have been developed long before fetal cell lines were a thing. I get what he's trying to do with that list, but I think he's outkicked his coverage.

I feel the need.....the need for SPEED!

Lol.

On a related note I think in the past you mentioned owning CCIV. I'd bought some also. Let's hope the EPA rating and the factory event later this month makes this thing 🚀

Lol.

On a related note I think in the past you mentioned owning CCIV. I'd bought some also. Let's hope the EPA rating and the factory event later this month makes this thing 🚀

Yea CCIV is now LCID.

I've owned some for the past 9 months, although sold most of what I have.

It's a gamble, but probably a good one if you are willing to wait a few years. I think a huge price action stimulus for LCID might be whether rival Rivian gets a market cap of 70-80 billion when they IPO...because LCID is only 1/2 that.

Yea CCIV is now LCID.

I've owned some for the past 9 months, although sold most of what I have.

It's a gamble, but probably a good one if you are willing to wait a few years. I think a huge price action stimulus for LCID might be whether rival Rivian gets a market cap of 70-80 billion when they IPO...because LCID is only 1/2 that.

Yeah it's a long-term hold for me as I think they're the real deal. While lots of stuff can still go very wrong, I'm bullish on Lucid's play for the upper end of the market since the pandemic has shown us how resilient retail therapy is.

Agreed holding it for the long term. I consider it gambling. I might lose all or most of it, but the potential to make 10X on the original amount is huge if Lucid is a success.

Just got a new Tesla S (with the wacky steering wheel) but I definitely would have gotten Lucid if it was available as I think the design and branding are better.

Agreed holding it for the long term. I consider it gambling. I might lose all or most of it, but the potential to make 10X on the original amount is huge if Lucid is a success.

Just got a new Tesla S (with the wacky steering wheel) but I definitely would have gotten Lucid if it was available as I think the design and branding are better.
I think all of the electric car companies are going to have issues until there's an equivilant to a super charger network for non-Tesla cars. You can't road trip if it takes 4 hour to put 100 miles into your car. I know fast DC charging is faster than level 2, but it still doesn't compare to superchargers.

Couldn't you have waited a year? Maybe lease a car until Lucid becomes available? I think they go into production late 2021 if all goes to plan.

I'm not sure about that list of meds. Some of them seem to have been developed long before fetal cell lines were a thing. I get what he's trying to do with that list, but I think he's outkicked his coverage.
Likely based the list on this moral theologian’s blog: If Any Drug Tested on HEK-293 Is Immoral, Goodbye Modern Medicine
He references those drugs and talks about vast majority of medications have been tested in vitro using fetal cell lines specifically the HEK line. Different than developed using those cells like other vaccines. He draws a distinction between “testing on” and “developed using.” As in “the drug would exist even without fetal cell lines”. As opposed to certain vaccines out there that would not exist without the cel line to grow viral particles. Why the Catholic Church recommends Pfizer and Moderna over J&J.

Couldn't you have waited a year? Maybe lease a car until Lucid becomes available? I think they go into production late 2021 if all goes to plan.

My lease was up, and they wouldn't let me keep my old car any longer. Needed transportation, so waiting wasn't an option. I didn't really like the offerings from any other car manufacturer.

I think all of the electric car companies are going to have issues until there's an equivilant to a super charger network for non-Tesla cars. You can't road trip if it takes 4 hour to put 100 miles into your car. I know fast DC charging is faster than level 2, but it still doesn't compare to superchargers.
I'm not too worried about road trips. Any drive longer than to LA (~4 hours) and I'd fly. I absolutely loathe long car rides.

This concern is a big reason why Lucid may break out from the rest of the pack. Their range off a single charge is better than any other EV -- up to 520 miles per the EPA. And with their tech it takes 20 mins of charging to yield 300mi of range.

Status
Not open for further replies.