Any one got the answer to this G Chem question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cowsgomoo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In a chemical reaction involving 6 atoms of oxygen and 3 atoms of phosphorus, how many grams of oxygen are required by 3.1 g of phosphorus?
A. 12.0 g O

B. 2.5 g O

C. 8.0 g O

D. 3.5 g O

E. 4.0 g O

I think answer should be 3.2g which is not an answer. Answer key says it should be 8.0g. Am i missing something?

Members don't see this ad.

cowsgomoo said:
In a chemical reaction involving 6 atoms of oxygen and 3 atoms of phosphorus, how many grams of oxygen are required by 3.1 g of phosphorus?
A. 12.0 g O

B. 2.5 g O

C. 8.0 g O

D. 3.5 g O

E. 4.0 g O

I think answer should be 3.2g which is not an answer. Answer key says it should be 8.0g. Am i missing something?

hmm.. i got 3.5 g, D, as well. I dont get whats wrong. Maybe THEIR mistake?

What book/cd is this from?

dentwannabe said:

Its official Ace the DAT has horrible questions and answers keys. This is not the only problem that is wrong in the first test there are plenty of OChem questions that are wrong too. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

cowsgomoo said:
Its official Ace the DAT has horrible questions and answers keys. This is not the only problem that is wrong in the first test there are plenty of OChem questions that are wrong too. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

I think the answer should be 3.5gm. To me, question seems a little stupid and vague anyway (you can have 6 O atoms or 3O2 again 6 atoms but it could change the Stoichiometry) . Don't they provide any solution ? did you check there website for errata. Let me ask you, Is Ace the DAT worth PAT only ?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
sailinx said:
I think the answer should be 3.5gm. To me, question seems a little stupid and vague anyway (you can have 6 O atoms or 3O2 again 6 atoms but it could change the Stoichiometry) . Don't they provide any solution ? did you check there website for errata. Let me ask you, Is Ace the DAT worth PAT only ?

Thanks
PAT is much more difficult then topscore and Kaplan. So I would say it’s good for that. Let’s just hope they aren’t making mistakes in that too.

Ok,
"Ace the dat" tests are full of errors. The PAT section has errors too. Their answers & explanations are wrong. If you want to do really bad on the real DAT study their explanations. loooooooooooooool DO NOT BUY ACE THE DAT. They say that they pay $5 per each reported mistake. Guess what? I have reported 20-30 mistakes and haven't received a cent. I think those who wrote "ace the dat" tests probably got less than 5 for academic average & want to transfer their knowledge to other students in order to increase their own chances of going to a dental school loooooooooooool

dat_student said:
Ok,
"Ace the dat" tests are full of errors. The PAT section has errors too. Their answers & explanations are wrong. If you want to do really bad on the real DAT study their explanations. loooooooooooooool DO NOT BUY ACE THE DAT. They say that they pay $5 per each reported mistake. Guess what? I have reported 20-30 mistakes and haven't received a cent. I think those who wrote "ace the dat" tests probably got less than 5 for academic average & want to transfer their knowledge to other students in order to increase their own chances of going to a dental school loooooooooooool

The questions are poorly worded too. What a waste of $50.

dat_student said:
Ok,

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
LMAO
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dentwannabe said:

Is that how the question is worded exactly? Because for one thing that sticks out is the word "atom". Atoms and moles are different things. We would need to convert atoms into moles first. And I believe we do this using Avagadro's number???? I may be wrong......

Generallee said:
Is that how the question is worded exactly? Because for one thing that sticks out is the word "atom". Atoms and moles are different things. We would need to convert atoms into moles first. And I believe we do this using Avagadro's number???? I may be wrong......

Yup that is exact wording.

dat_student said:
Ok,

Yes, DO NOT BUY ACE THE DAT!!! DAT PROFESSOR is waste of money as well!!