Any other Africans out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdang92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm half Ghanaian/half Cuban but grew up mainly around my Ghanaian side of the family. Just curious as to whether there were any other Africans out here on SDN? I guess we could all check in by stating what country we're from, program (med/pharm/dent), and school you're attending/ will be attending? I'm will be matriculating this but am waiting for some more good news before I decide where.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wehtin deh happen! I'm from Sierra leone and hope to matriculate this fall. So far I only have one ii at Ga-PCOM.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks my interview is right around the corner (maintaining anonymity). I also received another ii from rowan. There is hope guys! How is your cycle going?

Thanks my interview is right around the corner (maintaining anonymity). I also received another ii from rowan. There is hope guys! How is your cycle going?

Nice!

Hello! Fellow Nigerian here. Will be taking MCAT and applying this cycle! Good luck to all. :)

Reactions: 3 users

Cycle is going well. 6 IIs so far and 1 acceptance. Hoping to hear some more good news soon

Reactions: 1 users
Hoping for June/July. Congrats on your acceptance, it seems like this cycle has been great to you! I pray you get more acceptances. :)

*Looks around nervously* Hi! Cameroonian premed, currently applying to an early assurance program at Icahn Mt. Sinai, should see whether I've got a II by the end of this week or next month.

*Looks around nervously* Hi! Cameroonian premed, currently applying to an early assurance program at Icahn Mt. Sinai, should see whether I've got a II by the end of this week or next month.
From Yaounde or Douala?

Nigerian here. Already took the MCAT and anxiously awaiting the opening of applications next week/.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Hey! I'm Nigerian and I'm applying to dental school this cycle!

Ayyyeee! Lol
Good luck!
Which schools are you applying to?
Several. I'm from Texas so all three in Texas. NYU, UCSF, ASDOH, LECOM, Midwestern Arizona, University of Maryland, USC (still deciding here), UPenn, Rutgers (deciding still), Roseman, Meharry, and I think 2 more lol

Good luck guys. Starting at Meharry Med in ten days. If there is any question you have about interviews and application cycle let me know. Good luck to everyone!!

Several. I'm from Texas so all three in Texas. NYU, UCSF, ASDOH, LECOM, Midwestern Arizona, University of Maryland, USC (still deciding here), UPenn, Rutgers (deciding still), Roseman, Meharry, and I think 2 more lol

Oh cool! Right now I'm doing GRU, Howard, and Meharry. I'm thinking about adding one more but I'm just not sure which one yet.

Nigerian here (Igbo Kwenu!) starting at PCOM (DO) in August

I think there are mostly Africans among black American med students.

Kenyan will apply next summer (hopefully!)