Any UMass news?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have yet to hear as well and I feel we should hear this week.

I will post if I hear.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, thanks for the positive vibes. Naturally, I was kinda disappointed to receive the waitlist, but I'm not discouraged and I still think that I can end up at UMass.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear...seems like it won't be long now.

I, TOO, HAVE BEEN NEGLECTED....BE NOT ALONE...:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
any news from UMass in the mail today??

hey everyone. this is the first time that i've posted (just been lurking around to this point). i share your pain! i interviewed at umass back in december and haven't heard a thing. i think that they send out notifications on fridays...
good luck!

I got waitlisted, postmarked 4/23.

Being WLed before the masses in a few weeks makes me kinda pessimistic, but at least I got an acceptance already (Jefferson) to keep me from completely freaking out. Good luck to y'all.

jmd

i got a waitlist letter yesterday. the thin letter freaked me out but i'm trying to stay optimistic. at last mail from umass!

I just got waitlisted as well...:(

Keep your spirits up guys! May 15 is just around the corner... :clap:

Welcome to the club guys. So is it time to start the "official UMass waitlist" thread now that we've all started to hear back? That way we can lose even more of our hair sitting around waiting for mail from Worcester for the next couple months :D

So who's gonna be the first to call to see if the wl is ranked and where you stand????

i was PSYCHED to get a waitlist. seriously, guys, this is not bad news. still more waiting, yes, but at least there's a chance!

good luck to everyone!

I still havn't heard anything as of yet. :confused:

i haven't heard anything from UMass either. i don't think that's a good thing at this point.

no news for me either. I'm not sure what it means but I too doubt that its good.

I would be happy with a waitlist as well, although not as happy as outright acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I guess there is 2 ways to look at not receiving any notice from UMass yet. Either you are definately on the waitlist and they are not sure if they will accept you outright by May 15, or you are borderline on the waitlist and they are not sure if they will reject you outright by May 15.

My instinct is that more people are in the former catagory than the latter. Anyone know some facts or the past history?

Personally I still wish I hadn't been WLed already, I'm just not a big fan of waiting. I'd rather just know and be done with it.

Ah, yes...the inevitable letter arrived at my house yesterday...too bad, but IMHO the only thing that school has over UVM is the $$$.

GO UVM!!!!!! :clap:

Best of luck to those of you who are still waiting on that letter...:rolleyes:

I got the boot on Saturday. So sad b/c I don't have an acceptance yet.

I received the rejection letter yesterday:(
I'm still rather agitated bcz I havn't been accepted anywhere yet either.

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear about the recent rejections, guys. I'm realizing more and more that I should consider myself lucky and be happy to have gotten wl'ed. I wish you the best of luck with your other schools...is anybody looking to go to another Mass. school in particular?

i still haven't heard a thing from Umass. does that basically mean rejection or is there a reason to believe otherwise? i just want to know so i can go ahead and tell the school i'm waitlisted at that they're are my #1 choice and that i'll go there if offered a spot. i'd hate to do that and then have to go back on my word if by some act of God i got into Umass. any ideas?

i still haven't heard a thing from Umass. does that basically mean rejection or is there a reason to believe otherwise? i just want to know so i can go ahead and tell the school i'm waitlisted at that they're are my #1 choice and that i'll go there if offered a spot. i'd hate to do that and then have to go back on my word if by some act of God i got into Umass. any ideas?

no news is no news. I wouldn't jump to conclusions and do anything rash. Your acceptance could come tomorrow. Good luck!

I received a waitlist letter dated 5/2/03, postmarked 5/6/03. Still hoping! Has anybody checked with the admissions office to see how they manage the waitlist at UMass?

I just thought I'd let you guys know that UMass has started pulling people off the wait-list. One of my friends was wait-listed about 2 weeks ago and got a letter today saying she was in, so sit tight, they are doing something with the wait-list.

MADNESS! I certainly didn't expect movement this early...good luck guys!

yikes...just when we thought it was safe to relax....

i've got a question-

for everyone who is waitlisted, do you think that they even send rejection letters out to us at this point? i know people who got in last year a week before classes started, so i don't know how they could also be sending out rejection letters. at least i can't imagine them sending them until classes actually start.

so, if that is the case, it may be safe to say that all mail from umass is good news from now until the end of the summer? that would clear up my roommate's confusion when she opens my mail: "um, you got waitlisted. good, not good? i can't remember at this point."

What you're saying seems right. The only situation I can see where they might start to reject ppl. is if they had an exceptionally long waitlist getting towards a relatively late point in the summer. Maybe then they might consider cutting the tail end of the wl, anticipating that their class is essentially full.

Of course this is all speculation - who knows what they do over there. Going on gut instinct, I'm actually prone to agreeing with you. I would think that any news for a wl'ed candidate at this point would probably be good news. Time will tell.

p.s. the Sox should start Millar more often cuz I have him on my Fantasy team, and Ortiz/Giambi just don't cut it.

I got the official boot from UMass this past Monday. UVM here I come!! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear. I feel your pain but am actually very relieved to finally have some closure on the application process.

bump.

good luck to everyone as the 15th approaches!

So, here it is...
How long do you think it will be until we hear something??

Judging from past years' UMass threads, we may be in for a loooong wait. There was one SDNer who didn't get a decision (rejection) until August 3rd...

Meanwhile, I managed to get a hold of a Sox-Yankees ticket for Monday night's series opener at Fenway. Looks like Casey at the Mound. Pedro pitches the next day, but I would have had to give up by firstborn child to get a hold of that ticket. At least I miss John "6.40 ERA" Burkett's start...he's pitching against Anaheim on Sunday. :)

how did you get those tickets?? Can I come?

I got the UMass boot yesterday. Hopefully the onep lace i'm waitlisted at will come thru. Congrats to those who got into Umassm and good luck to those waitlisted.

how did you get those tickets?? Can I come?

I don't know why my post went up again when all I did was view the thread?? Craziness.

Anyway, I am sorry to hear that, Mugatu, and I hope the other school comes through for you.

Funny story about the Sox-Yankee tickets... I work in MGH, had to take some empty mice cages on a cart back to the animal facility. Usually I cover the cages with a sheet, but I forgot, figured it would be OK, the basement would be empty. Well, I got down to the basement and there was this LINE, man it streched from the basement library along the hall all the way to the Wellman building (about 300 meters). Hundresd of people were waiting for tickets for the Sox-Yankees series. Anyway I had to push my cart along the narrow hall along this line, everyone was peering at the cages, whispering "are there mice in there?". People giving me funny looks. Then I had to go all the way back along the line with the empty cart. I can only imagine what they all thought I did to the poor non-existant mice.

You should have threatened to do terrible things to the non-existent mice if they didn't give you their spot in line.

DUDE! I actually got the ticket from buddy of mine who works at the MGH. He was one of those people waiting in the basement..he said it was madness. The tickets were to go on sale at 1 PM but people were lining up from early in the morning. By 10 AM there were over a hundred people in line. He said that some lady tried to sneak into line and was almost torn to shreds by a mob led by an elderly nurse who was lining up to get tix for her grandson. What a scene! :eek:

My Mom just phoned me with the news of my UMass acceptance. I think it would be a gross understatement to characterize my state of affairs as a

WICKED PISSA!

I hope the rest of you guys will soon come off the waitlist as well.

:clap:

congratulations~ hopefully the rest of us will be joining you soon!
have fun celebrating!

oh, and tedstriker...how did you find out? phone call or letter?

:clap: holy clap, er crap, that's great! :clap:

Thanks everyone!! :love:

I hope you all join me as classmates too!

-ts

P.S. Laney - I got a letter (big envelope)

P.P.S. I am well on my way to inebriation so I will sign off from SDN for the momentttt

tedstriker, congrats! you know how amazing this is, so have a blast getting wrecked. woosta, here you come!

my parents just called, and supposedly i have a big letter waiting for me. this is such a dream come true, i'm really just in shock.

best wishes to all of you, and fellow umassers, i can't wait to meet you guys. :D :D :D :D

tedstriker and linguo congratulations!!!! so happy to hear the good news! so much waitlist movement already. hope you're both out celebrating :clap:

Holy CRap!!!!!!!!!!!

I let this thread get out of my sights for a couple days and boom, two of my boyz are in!?!? That's...

:clap: :clap: :clap: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm so happy for both of you!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Thanks Jumbo! (and congrats on Einstein!) :)

thanks jumbo...like tedstriker said, congrats on einstein.

ps...i'm a girl. ;)

haha, er..."boyz" meant in the more metaphorical jocular sense, of course...:D :laugh: