Anybody else have this problem with verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureMDHopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat post. Couldn't find anything when I searched.

I submitted my AACOMAS application and was verified. When I looked at my GPA's I saw they were off. So I looked at my classes and saw they completely removed two of my summer classes (7 credits of A's). I spoke to them on the phone, and they verified my final grades for those classes were on the transcripts they received and everything. Their reasoning was since I'm taking classes this second half of the summer, that is still considered the same term? And since this is the case, I can't have two different statuses in the same term, so they moved my A's to in progress and removed the grade from my GPA?

Doesn't make sense to me since it is two different sessions, and it really sucks that I lost those 7 credits. 4 of which were towards my sGPA.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my AACOMAS application and was verified. When I looked at my GPA's I saw they were off. So I looked at my classes and saw they completely removed two of my summer classes (7 credits of A's). I spoke to them on the phone, and they verified my final grades for those classes were on the transcripts they received and everything. Their reasoning was since I'm taking classes this second half of the summer, that is still considered the same term? And since this is the case, I can't have two different statuses in the same term, so they moved my A's to in progress and removed the grade from my GPA?

Doesn't make sense to me since it is two different sessions, and it really sucks that I lost those 7 credits. 4 of which were towards my sGPA.

Hmm that is odd. Did you maybe classify each class as "summer 2017"? If my memory serves me I'm pretty sure there is an option like "Summer 1" and "Summer 2." Maybe you classified both the courses you already took and the classes you are in now as "Summer 2017," and that is why AACOMAS is doing this.

If so I'm not really sure what the recourse would be, but I imagine your summer courses are almost over and those grades could be updated during the first academic update period starting sept 1.

Didn't happen to me but the update period starts sept 1

Hmm that is odd. Did you maybe classify each class as "summer 2017"? If my memory serves me I'm pretty sure there is an option like "Summer 1" and "Summer 2." Maybe you classified both the courses you already took and the classes you are in now as "Summer 2017," and that is why AACOMAS is doing this.

If so I'm not really sure what the recourse would be, but I imagine your summer courses are almost over and those grades could be updated during the first academic update period starting sept 1.

Ahhhh that may be it! I think that is exactly what I did! I guess I'll just have to wait for the update period September 1st and hope it updates pretty quick. :-/