Anybody have any updates regarding 20/220?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j0ez0r

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
nm

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
its a medical profession killer in the making if something doesnt get changed. Not just for podiatry, but all health professions...

for those of you unaware in short 20/220 is the statute that is falling through last i heard july 1, 2009 and will cause residents to pay back loans. Residents dont make enough money as is, much less having to pay back big bucks.

i hope everyone takes the time out to write to your senator about this issue..for podiatry students all you have to do is log into apma and the form is already created, just have to forward it on.

could you provide the direct link for that...i want to fill it out for my 2 senators but I have been navigatin the site and cant find that form you are talking about, thanks

you have to be a current student to have a login and password for the APMA website...

Members don't see this ad :)
20/220 is to allow residents to defer student loans. If Congress lets that expire as they have it scheduled, then residents will be forced to either forbear loans and have interest start accruing like mad, or start full repayment.

Yeah, it sucks a lot. And since the bailout stuff started happening I haven't heard anything about it. The Senate is off for holiday until the new session next year so my guess is we won't hear anything about his until next year.

you have to be a current student to have a login and password for the APMA website...

J0e - your APMA password is working then, I assume?

I have mine, but I can't log on. I can view my profile and can see I'm a member, but can't log on! RATS!

maserati, ya i can log on and see things like the young members salary survey and such.....

if i were you id just call the APMA at 301-581-9200 and see if they cant get your problem fixed :thumbup: