Anyone applying to Purdue University?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Depends on what you are more concerned with - location/less walking distance/more buses then on campus, off campus for nicer housing and cheaper. I'd take off campus housing for sure, wabash landing has nice apartments, reasonably priced and the walk really isnt much more then any of the dorms.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!! Thanks for the information!! Is it near a Citi Bus Line though? I know it tends to snow/rain..FLOOD a lot in West Lafayette and I don't think I would be able to walk to campus under those conditions.. and do you recommend bringing a car..? (I live in California) If you don't mind.. where do you live?

If you live in Wabash Landing, a car won't bring you much closer to campus than where you already live. As I said upthread, student parking is in short supply and the big parking lots are south of campus and north of campus at the stadium. From there, you either take a bus or walk 10-15 minutes. Just take the trolley and bring a bike.

If you live in Wabash Landing, a car won't bring you much closer to campus than where you already live. As I said upthread, student parking is in short supply and the big parking lots are south of campus and north of campus at the stadium. From there, you either take a bus or walk 10-15 minutes. Just take the trolley and bring a bike.

AngelaCL Thanks for all this info!! It really really helps!! I'm from out of state too and have no idea where to look for housing.. I will definetly check out Wabash Landing too!! Thanks again!! :):):):)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi! thanks for all the info! i was wondering if there were any other apts that were nice, near the bus stop or near school, and a reasonable price.. wabash landing only has a 970/month 1 bed 1 bath available.. that is too $$ for me =(

I'm on the waitinglist. Hopefully I can get in! I really really like Purdue. I hate big noisy cities but like to live close to them.

I'm on the waitinglist. Hopefully I can get in! I really really like Purdue. I hate big noisy cities but like to live close to them.

Hi temple08, I'm on the waiting list as well so I know how you're feeling. What rank are you? I've recently found out some information about our relative chances and would be happy to share with you. You could send me a private message if you'd prefer. Good luck to you!

hi! I just had a quick question.. does anyone know if we can complete the internship hours-all 600 of them- in a different state.. like California? and if we are required to have health insurance prior to entering purdue? Doesn't the school provide us w/ health insurance? Also, does anyone know the requirements for practicing in California after we get our pharm D. from Indiana? (Aside from taking the California law test) Thanks soooo much!!!!:):):)

hi! I just had a quick question.. does anyone know if we can complete the internship hours-all 600 of them- in a different state.. like California? and if we are required to have health insurance prior to entering purdue? Doesn't the school provide us w/ health insurance? Also, does anyone know the requirements for practicing in California after we get our pharm D. from Indiana? (Aside from taking the California law test) Thanks soooo much!!!!:):):)

No. You can only complete the internship hours where the school is located, e.g. you cannot work in California.

Health insurance is required prior entering Purdue.

No. You can only complete the internship hours where the school is located, e.g. you cannot work in California.

Health insurance is required prior entering Purdue.

are you a current student?! Thanks for all of the information! :):) P.S. do you have any suggestions in which apartment complex we should rent from? Thanks soo much!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

hi everyone!! I made a facebook group so we can all get to know each other better!!:D:D:D take care!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12721397734
Thanks lilmunchkin for starting the facebook group. I had to join facebook since I haven't ever been a part of it. I have 3 L's in my last name -- which they wouldn't allow -- so I had to take out one to join:(. Oh well... Anyway, I don't have too much to say about apartments since I am in about the same boat as you as far as the lay of the land goes --- and we are looking to buy a house considering the 4 kids, dog and 4 rats. So my husband needs to find a job and we need to find a house all before school starts. It is so hard to stay centered on finishing the semester. I have an exam coming up this Thursday -- but have I studied today???? Oh no...I am looking at some winter coats on ebay -- checking out SDN -- of course dealing with the kids -- looking at the Purdue student handbook which is online -- and generally doing anything but. Tomorrow, I need to get down to it. Thanks again for setting the link up. I am not to adept at photo uploading yet -- but I will figure something out eventually.:oops:

hello,
i m a gr 12 student from canada ( 85%= GPA 3.4) with ap in bio, chem n phy. i gained admission in purdue pre pharm for fall 2008. i want to know if it is worth risking to move to inidiana alone to gain admission in purdue pharm d. i have heard purdue is very well reputed and competitive. i m hard working but i can not affort to NOT get into teh program after the completion of two pre pharm years.. any one has an advise on what i can do to ensure admission in pharm d.....in terms of requirements

thank you

hello,
i m a gr 12 student from canada ( 85%= GPA 3.4) with ap in bio, chem n phy. i gained admission in purdue pre pharm for fall 2008. i want to know if it is worth risking to move to inidiana alone to gain admission in purdue pharm d. i have heard purdue is very well reputed and competitive. i m hard working but i can not affort to NOT get into teh program after the completion of two pre pharm years.. any one has an advise on what i can do to ensure admission in pharm d.....in terms of requirements

thank you

HI! Well I did not go to Purdue for the Pre-Pharm program but I heard that most students that do the 2 years get in. (I think I read it earlier in this thread too and most people say that the pharm class is mostly made up of pre-pharm students from purdue) Good luck!:)

HI! Well I did not go to Purdue for the Pre-Pharm program but I heard that most students that do the 2 years get in. (I think I read it earlier in this thread too and most people say that the pharm class is mostly made up of pre-pharm students from purdue) Good luck!:)

I believe it's 50% of Purdue main campus pre-pharm students get into the program, and around 33% of Purdue North Central, Calumet, and other campus students. Better odds than if you go elsewhere for pre-pharm, but not "most" students.

I was waitlisted at Purdue around spot #20... and just received my email that I have been accepted to Purdue! :)

So for those of you I've spoken with here that were waitlisted around my position... you're that much closer now :)

to be exact, I was ranked #21 in the waiting list and I also got my acceptance email yesterday

now I have to decide whether I will give up the spot since I was already accepted to another university......

if you did your prepharm at purdue, you have 50% chance getting in. Last year their stat was 20? purdue kids applied, 103 get in. Usually I was told 110ish accepted kids are directly from Purdue.
If you are out of state, good luck!
If you are from other indiana school, the chance is probably 25%.
I wish you good luck having two easy interviewers, one of mine was kinda harsh on me.
The written grammar quiz was not hard, and the essay was easy too, they just wanna make sure your English grammar is good.
The speak part:
Read a drug monograph, and answear a easy question. You have plenty of time to prepare. They only watch those if they think your communication skill is not so good.

Get there earlier, the traffic was kinda busy. The last 5 miles after I get off highway took me 15 minutes. and Building is no where to be find. THe building have several entrances, and inside is like a labyrinth. if you been there, you know whoever designed the building probably was a C student.

Anyway, know your strength and weakness.
haha, i don't mean to bring up an old thread but i volunteered to give a bunch of tours of the pharmacy building last semester. I could tell all of the prospective students were looking around thinking "where am i?"

Anyways, good luck to everyone applying for fall '10!