Anyone else freakin' cuz your interviews are too late for an acceptance?O_o

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TimmyTheWonderD said:
Someone else on these boards told me my avatar gave them nightmares!

Timmmaaaaaayyyyyyy likes Trader Joe's "better 'n peanut butter", it has the same great PB taste with only 2gms of fat! I AM A FREAK! :p

Even though I run everyday and watch what I eat my metabolism will not allow me to eat regular PB without paying serious consequences!

timmy timmy timmy, haven't you heard that counting fat garms is not hip anymore??
you're supposed to count the carbs!

i used to like the peter pan reduced cal/reduced fat creamy peanut butter, but now i only eat the low-carb versions or not at all. *sigh*

Members don't see this ad.

i remember reading some study that showed that peanuts get metabolized in such a way that you dont pack on fat by eating them. i have no link though. maybe you're just a freak show timmy. btw, when's your ros frank interview?
-mota

TimmyTheWonderD said:
Someone else on these boards told me my avatar gave them nightmares!

Timmmaaaaaayyyyyyy likes Trader Joe's "better 'n peanut butter", it has the same great PB taste with only 2gms of fat! I AM A FREAK! :p

argh! you're not alone. my g/f makes me eat that crap (no offense)... it definitely does have very little fat, but it tastes like ass-turkey!!! blech!

i miss real peanut butter... mmmmm

Members don't see this ad :)
i can't remember the last time i DIDN'T have pb&j for breakfast. my parents never had pb around when i was a kid. i'm making up for lost time.

-mota

DaMota said:
timmaaaaaaayyyy!...you are my favorite south park character.

as i countdown the days the days til my first interview, i must come up with things to distract myself. i'd like to open up this forum to debate the merits of peanut butter. as you all know, if you are human, you like peanut butter. but what i wanna know is just what KIND of pb you enjoy the most.

super chunk - MOTA!!!!
chunky
creamy
organic (ew..)

i'll tell you guys which kind i like most later.
p.s. gdbaby- GW called, they said "mr. mota...you're crazy. we like you...but you're craaaazy"

-mota

mmmmmmm i like creamy. although anything is good as long as it's not organic and therefore all separated and funky.

and the best place for peanut butter is, obviously, embedded inside chocolate.

exactly Risa! my fav concoction is reese's =p

Risa said:
mmmmmmm i like creamy. although anything is good as long as it's not organic and therefore all separated and funky.

and the best place for peanut butter is, obviously, embedded inside chocolate.
I like the direction of this thread. Yes, risa there is something about that amazing salty/sweet combo that has me drooling like Pavlov's dog whenever I smell that damn creation from the Reese's company.

Super chunk!! Super dooper chunk!!! So damn chunky it rips the bread apart and I am eating PB&J off the floor and I don't care if the floor is dirty cuz it's gd peanut butter!!!

Funny though, I don't like peanuts. Love the butter derivative.

DaMota said:
maybe you're just a freak show timmy. btw, when's your ros frank interview?

you bet your sweet booty i am a freak show! ;) it would be great if we ended up at the same school so you could confirm this allegation in person!

i count the fat as that is where i get in trouble, don't eat bread or carbs much at all really, no pasta for me, just sugar and fatty things like chocolate - so what do i do with my peanut butter? (or "ass-turkey" as goose put it :laugh: ) i cut up an apple and use the apple as a spoon to eat the peanut butter. great snack at 3am! I have to be a good little girl or I will have so much junk in my trunk it won’t even be funny!

my interview was 11/15 mota, and i am anxiously awaiting the end of this week so i can call and find out what my fate will be! they did say 12/9, right? or was it 12/12? oh well, i am calling on the 9th anyway!

yours is in Jan, right? don't worry, it was a fun day, i think you will like it.

Um. I don't like peanut butter. I don't even really like peanuts. About twice a year I get a craving for one (and only ONE) miniature reese's pb cup. That's about all the pb I can handle. Ick. I do, however, make an absolutely FABULOUS skinny peanut wafer cookie which I hear tastes rather like soft peanut brittle. Very thin, with chopped regular peanut in the dough and honey roasted peanuts on top. I have to make a quad batch for my husband.

I think we need a poll about the peanut butter. I also like chunky. I wonder how common this is among pre-meds. :idea:

peanut butter is definitely a dairy product. discuss.
-mota

Those poor cows that have to make chunky peanut butter... My heart goes out to them. It's got to be like passing a kidney stone.

DaMota said:
-mota
Well, like a glass of whole milk, peanut butter provides many of the essential ingredients for life: protien, carbohydrates, fats.

Members don't see this ad :)
DaMota said:
-mota

*drools*

peanutbuttercup1zq.gif

gdbaby said:
Funny though, I don't like peanuts. Love the butter derivative.

Me neither! We're probably soul mates or something.

As far as actual non-butterfied nuts go, I am an afficionado of the pistachio.

Risa said:

Cashews. I know they're trite, but I can't help it.

I like pecans, cashews, almonds (especially if they're home toasted with a touch of seasoning), walnuts. Hazelnuts are ok. Brazil nuts are icky.

gdbaby said:
Cashews. I know they're trite, but I can't help it.

honey roasted almonds.
-mota

DaMota said:
honey roasted almonds.
-mota
Only like my almonds in Amaretto form. This should surprise no one here.

gdbaby said:
Only like my almonds in Amaretto form. This should surprise no one here.
:laugh:

And, a shout out to macamadamia nuts

Risa said:

yum, pistachios!
random fact: california grows most of the pistachios for the u.s. especially in central cali, i once tried jalapeno pistachios, they were damn good :thumbup:

i just checked out some peoples profiles (clicking on their names at the bottom of the first page of the forum). more than half of the people have either NEVER posted or post like .08 times a day. wtf? are they just getting free entertainment off of us? i think people should be required to post. discuss
-mota

DaMota said:
i just checked out some peoples profiles (clicking on their names at the bottom of the first page of the forum). more than half of the people have either NEVER posted or post like .08 times a day. wtf? are they just getting free entertainment off of us? i think people should be required to post. discuss
-mota

actually, ive heard before that some people are intimidated to post here (which doesnt really make any sense, seeing as how this is anonymous)

did you guys know that the major cause of adult choking deaths is peanut butter. I guess it gets stuck in the back of the throat, and the heimlich maneuver and suction don't work.

Soo, be warned PB&J eaters!

justskipee said:
did you guys know that the major cause of adult choking deaths is peanut butter. I guess it gets stuck in the back of the throat, and the heimlich maneuver and suction don't work.

Soo, be warned PB&J eaters!

holy crap....that's scary. i like that goober stuff that's pb&j already mixed together

Nikki2002 said:
holy crap....that's scary. i like that goober stuff that's pb&j already mixed together

1a6.jpg

-mota

Now THAT's scary Mota! Thank god I've seen your myspace photos or I would be worried about seeing you on the first day of classes, G!

jtank said:
actually, ive heard before that some people are intimidated to post here (which doesnt really make any sense, seeing as how this is anonymous)
That's just silly. Most of the stuff we - ok, I - post is so asinine who could be intimidated? Do they think I'm an ogre or something? I have half a mind to club them and eat their brains for thinking that.

desiredusername said:
That's just silly. Most of the stuff we - ok, I - post is so asinine who could be intimidated? Do they think I'm an ogre or something? I have half a mind to club them and eat their brains for thinking that.

download josh martinez - "one more sucka", and "time alone". both are instrumental tracks off his (relatively) new album. you'd appreciate em. hear me now.
-mota

desiredusername said:

that goldfish movie is horrible...i had to stop watching it

Nikki2002 said:
that goldfish movie is horrible...i had to stop watching it
You missed the best part! It's a very happy ending. (I don't want to spoil it, but it is happy.)

DaMota said:

nice legs mota! ;)
looks like you have a peanut butter friendly metabolism!

jtank said:
yum, pistachios!
random fact: california grows most of the pistachios for the u.s. especially in central cali, i once tried jalapeno pistachios, they were damn good :thumbup:

oooh the trader joe's ones? i love those!

DaMota said:
you'd appreciate em. hear me now.
-mota
This is so much better than the shít i've been listening to lately. Seriously, the strokes used to be so good. And the re-up gang on "we got it for cheap vol. 2"? Clipse spit the best crack rhymes but listening to little skateboard p talk about shooting people just makes me feel weird.

desiredusername said:
This is so much better than the shít i've been listening to lately. Seriously, the strokes used to be so good. And the re-up gang on "we got it for cheap vol. 2"? Clipse spit the best crack rhymes but listening to little skateboard p talk about shooting people just makes me feel weird.

glad you like it. never been that into the strokes but that song 12:51 is off the chains. if you're into indie rock i'd recommend Clap Your Hands Say Yeah- thats the name of the band. some of the best songs are "over and over again", "gimme some salt" and "the skin of my yellow country teeth".

to carry on with my tradition of diverting attention from studying to post hypothetical questions, here's one:

if you were offered the choice of being guaranteed admissions to EVERY school you have interviews at/have already interview at on the condition that you would be receiving no more invites would you take it? i'll post my own answer by morning. i really can't decide. discuss.

btw, gdbaby - this thread is averaging 1000 hits a day. thats what i call hot ****. i'd also like to think we have some of the cooler SDNers as our frequent fliers. we make for quite a team. g-dubya, here we come.
-mota

this thread has a 23:1 views:replies ratio.

the calculator was just sitting there asking to be used.

no. YOU'RE the freak. whatever. back off.

-mota

something i just noticed about the UCs: they ALL seem to have the exact same number of apps completed and interviews given out. has anybody else noticed this?? for instance

school apps interviews
UCD 3166 456
UCI 3174 462
UCSD 3148 452

note: all in-state numbers

they definitely have a deal worked out amongst themselves about which school's gonna interview who..., etc...

feel free to discuss.
-mota

a really good indie band is hot hot heat, they just make u dance, i saw them in concert a few wks ago. especially "you owe me an i.o.u" and "bandages"

wow 3 posts in a row, u must REALLY be bored =p

DaMota said:
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

if you were offered the choice of being guaranteed admissions to EVERY school you have interviews at/have already interview at on the condition that you would be receiving no more invites would you take it?
-mota
Clap your hands say yeah...ehhh. I've got it, but it's not for me.
The joggers and the shout out louds are the new **** right now. and the wolf parade and arcade fire... but whatever. Franz Ferdinand is no longer the new scottish gentry but you love them. But seriously, when's charli 2na's album coming out? I've got one song from like a year and half ago that is a straight banger and I have no idea where the hell the album went.

If I could get one interview I would totally go to that school. GWU, I'm looking at you. I have to attend schools with "washington" in their name. I have no choice.

desiredusername said:
Clap your hands say yeah...ehhh. I've got it, but it's not for me.
The joggers and the shout out louds are the new **** right now. and the wolf parade and arcade fire... but whatever. Franz Ferdinand is no longer the new scottish gentry but you love them. But seriously, when's charli 2na's album coming out? I've got one song from like a year and half ago that is a straight banger and I have no idea where the hell the album went.

If I could get one interview I would totally go to that school. GWU, I'm looking at you. I have to attend schools with "washington" in their name. I have no choice.

if you dont have it get "chali 2na comin' thru" it was produced by DJ Nu-Mark and i have it from this album "mushroom jazz 5" but dont know if its on any chali albums.
i've also been listening to a lot of notwist lately. check em out if you havent already but i'm guessing you have.

-mota

jtank said:
wow 3 posts in a row, u must REALLY be bored =p

ya man, for real. ochem lab exam tomorrow. i dont even know how to study for a lab exam. but apparently it involves drinking nyquil and reading WIRED. ehh. my motivation disippated so long ago.
-mota

DaMota said:
ya man, for real. ochem lab exam tomorrow. i dont even know how to study for a lab exam. but apparently it involves drinking nyquil and reading WIRED. ehh. my motivation disippated so long ago.
-mota

haha, what? i hope ur downing the nyquil for a reason and not bc ur bored!

i REALLY should be studying for final on thursday, oh well -__-

jtank said:
haha, what? i hope ur downing the nyquil for a reason and not bc ur bored!

i REALLY should be studying for final on thursday, oh well -__-

ah, to have the pressure of exams, i remember those days! almost 2 years since graduation, and, yes i certainly do miss it! don't miss physics, though!

good luck :luck: on those tests guys! i envy you, but then again i don't! :p

:laugh:

I would take it. I would LOVE to go to VCU.

I do, however, wish my OWN STATE SCHOOL would at LEAST give me an INTERVIEW. This one is really starting to tick me off. Perhaps I should go have more tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

ShyRem said:
I would take it. I would LOVE to go to VCU.

I do, however, wish my OWN STATE SCHOOL would at LEAST give me an INTERVIEW. This one is really starting to tick me off. Perhaps I should go have more tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
I too would take it. I loved Iowa. But more than that, I am just really thankful to have been accepted somewhere. But since the question is hypothetical: CALL ME COLORADO!

Indie music: hmmm...I've been kindof partial to a lot of bands under the Bloodshot Records label, but I know that music isn't for everyone.

This thread is cooler than the other side of the pillow.

DaMota said:
glad you like it. never been that into the strokes but that song 12:51 is off the chains. if you're into indie rock i'd recommend Clap Your Hands Say Yeah- thats the name of the band. some of the best songs are "over and over again", "gimme some salt" and "the skin of my yellow country teeth".

to carry on with my tradition of diverting attention from studying to post hypothetical questions, here's one:

if you were offered the choice of being guaranteed admissions to EVERY school you have interviews at/have already interview at on the condition that you would be receiving no more invites would you take it? i'll post my own answer by morning. i really can't decide. discuss.

btw, gdbaby - this thread is averaging 1000 hits a day. thats what i call hot ****. i'd also like to think we have some of the cooler SDNers as our frequent fliers. we make for quite a team. g-dubya, here we come.
-mota

hmmm i don't know how i would be able to answer that, seeing as i only have ONE interview!!
but you know, i think i would still take a guaranteed admission. because i know by now that schools aren't falling over themselves to admit moi.

I can relate. I just found out that one of my wonderful state schools has officially placed me on hold pre-interview. I MAY be granted an interview in the next 10-12 weeks!! That blows.........

cfdavid said:
I can relate. I just found out that one of my wonderful state schools has officially placed me on hold pre-interview. I MAY be granted an interview in the next 10-12 weeks!! That blows.........
cf, I am not sure about this, but you may have a better chance of getting bird flu before then.