Anyone else freakin' cuz your interviews are too late for an acceptance?O_o

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dude i've still got secondaries to submit!
35mcat 3.5 bcpm 3.7overall

counting on the mcat to do something for me

Members don't see this ad.

my verdict is in:
i would take acceptances to all my interview schools and not get any more invites. hopefully this is a non-issue

-mota

DaMota said:
my verdict is in:
i would take acceptances to all my interview schools and not get any more invites. hopefully this is a non-issue

-mota

and which of those would you attend? do you know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Risa said:
and which of those would you attend? do you know?

not the slightest of clues. i have friends at tulane and chicagomed who are trying to sway me but i wouldn't even know where to start til i visit them all. i'm the type of kid where things usually click into place. hopefully that'll happen this go round too. if not, i will become a jiggalo. any takers?

-mota

DaMota said:
not the slightest of clues. i have friends at tulane and chicagomed who are trying to sway me but i wouldn't even know where to start til i visit them all. i'm the type of kid where things usually click into place. hopefully that'll happen this go round too. if not, i will become a jiggalo. any takers?

-mota
I would pay for you to come to Iowa with me.

gdbaby said:
I would pay for you to come to Iowa with me.

hmmm...the latest filing date is december 15th...what do you think?
-mota

as you all know, nobody in their right mind does not listen to radiohead. so...discussion topic for the day: what is your favorite radiohead song? you must pick only one.

this is me leaving to think about my answer rather than study for my 630 final.

-mota

DaMota said:
as you all know, nobody in their right mind does not listen to radiohead. so...discussion topic for the day: what is your favorite radiohead song? you must pick only one.

this is me leaving to think about my answer rather than study for my 630 final.

-mota

isn't this like the third discussion topic of the day? or does time just fly when we're having fun?

i don't like picking just one of anything. but, if i must, i'm picking karma police.

Risa said:
isn't this like the third discussion topic of the day? or does time just fly when we're having fun?

i don't like picking just one of anything. but, if i must, i'm picking karma police.

karma police, how typical :rolleyes: ...j/k Risa =)
i would choose lucky and pyramid song

jtank said:

i said ONE dammit! ok i think i'm gonna have to go with...i might be wrong. love that song. can't imagine ever getting tired of it.
-mota

jtank said:

typical... because it's the best one!!! :p :D

Members don't see this ad :)
200 POUNDS OF MEAT A DAY! WAHWAH WEEWAH
-mota

DaMota said:
what is your favorite radiohead song? you must pick only one.

Talk Show Host!

Mota, my musical tastes are different so I don't know what to say about stuff. Yes, it is true: I am at a loss for words. A SDN first for me!

Another friend of mine got a Colorado interview. Damn. I am happy for him, but damn. that smarts. He did beat the crap out of the MCAT though. I just beat a couple farts out of it.

gdbaby said:
I just beat a couple farts out of it.

I think I gave mine a slight case of epistaxis :laugh:
And then it was pissed off at ME! Kind of like shooting a grizzly bear with a bee bee gun! Just makes 'em REALLY MAD! :laugh:

ShyRem said:
gd, you are my heroine. Absolutely, no holds barred. Why, oh why, did you not apply to VCU?!?
I have to admit. I had NO CLUE what I was doing. Kind of like when I try to play mancala with my husband, I do what I think makes sense and then when I see he's kicking my butt, I scream "why!!!!!????" I basically applied to schools where we had family (Iowa, Chicago, DC, Oregon) or that are in just beautiful scenery (Vermont). Because, you see, when you have MCAT scores like mine, you can pick your schools based on ridiculous stuff like this. It's just a luxury I guess.

BTW, Mota, I am going to be off the SDN for a couple days while I am at Creighton. You will have to carry this thread until my return!

gdbaby said:
BTW, Mota, I am going to be off the SDN for a couple days while I am at Creighton.
Hey, good luck at Creighton, lady. Tear that shizzit up. (The interview, not other stuff - unless you want to make that kind of impression.)

gdbaby said:
BTW, Mota, I am going to be off the SDN for a couple days while I am at Creighton. You will have to carry this thread until my return!

i'm on top of it. rock that interview for me. its about time for another acceptance.
-mota

gdbaby said:

You will BLOW them away gdbaby! And, then, you will have to two schools to choose from! You lucky girl, you! :D

Have fun at Creighton, gd!!! You're gonna rock it.

gdbaby said:

:luck: gdbaby. u will do great there, have fun!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You guys are crackin me up. This is the funniest thread I have ever read! On the topic of late interviews...I think I'm on hold at Loyola. When I called for a status check, they said I have been reviewed, but will be reviewed again b/w now and Feb!!! What does this meeeeean?

Loyola: "We don't hate you enough to send you a rejection, but we don't like you enough to interview you, but we also don't like you enough to send you a rejection and put you out of your pathetic missery."

Me: pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease give me an interview! I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove your school and I will do anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyything to go there!!!!

Loyola: screw you. rejected!!
wait...i'm getting out of control. let's not snowball here. maybe a waitlist spot is a possiblity.

oh well, at least I know i'll be going somewhere.

dragonmate said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You guys are crackin me up. This is the funniest thread I have ever read! On the topic of late interviews...I think I'm on hold at Loyola. When I called for a status check, they said I have been reviewed, but will be reviewed again b/w now and Feb!!! What does this meeeeean?

Loyola: "We don't hate you enough to send you a rejection, but we don't like you enough to interview you, but we also don't like you enough to send you a rejection and put you out of your pathetic missery."
Dragon, me TOOOO! I called Loyola and was told I would be re-reviewed after the first of the year. I am bummmmed. There goes my chance to sweep Flopoptomist off his feet. Obviously, with my humor since my other "assets" are not quite up to his picture's calliber.

oh! its thursday. this is me leaving to call loyola.
-mota

DaMota said:
oh! its thursday. this is me leaving to call loyola.
-mota
well? what did they say??? do you think it's bad to call every couple of weeks or so to check up? i bet you'll hear something soon mota. :luck:

gdbaby said:
Dragon, me TOOOO! I called Loyola and was told I would be re-reviewed after the first of the year. I am bummmmed. There goes my chance to sweep Flopoptomist off his feet. Obviously, with my humor since my other "assets" are not quite up to his picture's calliber.
hey! we almost have the same stats! weeeeeird. ;)

dragonmate said:
hey! we almost have the same stats! weeeeeird. ;)
Yeah, then let's keep our fingers crossed for Mota. His stats came over to my house, brought my stats into the alley, asked my stats to buy some 40 Oz for them, then proceded to beat the crap out of my stats.

My stats still went and bought the liquor, too. They just want to be liked.

gdbaby said:
Yeah, then let's keep our fingers crossed for Mota. His stats came over to my house, brought my stats into the alley, asked my stats to buy some 40 Oz for them, then proceded to beat the crap out of my stats.

My stats still went and bought the liquor, too. They just want to be liked.
+pity+ . awww. poor gdbaby! you know, your stats seem to be surviving the beating pretty well though. before you know it, they'll be out of the ICU and on the road to kicking some booties of their own! have faith my friend!

i guess they're over picking up the phones, i called a bunch of times and nothing.
this just made me laugh so hard i cried. in class. people think someone died or something:
http://www.eng.usf.edu/~dionson/ezzay/

enjoy.
-mota

You have to be kidding me. That looked like a real paper.....

I shouldn't be surprised. When I took english comp I was absolutely appalled at the inability of people to convey a simple cohesive well-written paper when they have 3 weeks to work on it (yeah, I know.. ending a sentence with a preposition). Run-on sentences, fragments, verb tense issues, horrible references (yes, I even saw a paper with just about those exact references as on the Oedipus paper). Wow. And the language was... umm..... ebonics perhaps? Truly extraordinary.

DaMota said:
i guess they're over picking up the phones, i called a bunch of times and nothing.
this just made me laugh so hard i cried. in class. people think someone died or something:

enjoy.
-mota
I tried too. nothing. But they do say Thursdays 9-5. hmmmm :(

DaMota said:

enjoy.
-mota

we are in the middle of a blizzard here in Chicago! so, maybe everyone went home early....a million of the roads are at a dead stand still around here and the plows are just now starting to move in my neighborhood...2" of snow later, that is!

i'm gonna call em again right now.
-mota

edit: still under review. that makes 5 weeks in a row. i go "maybe they just really like my application"...silence...some secretaries need more sense of humor. or maybe i'm just not funny.

DaMota said:
i'm gonna call em again right now.
-mota

Did you get through today? What did they say? I had contemplated calling again today, but given the hour I figured I would just wait until next Thursday...had enough mediocre news this week...RFUMS's committee did not meet, no change in my Rush or UIC status...sigh.

Mota, cheer us up!

I am going to have to go out and morph that snowthingy of mine just to cheer up again. (discussed in detail in the "stress reliever" thread - sorry to blend threads here)

gdbaby is out of town on the interview road, huh.... thinking about her a lot and sending good, happy vibes and prayers! GO BARBARA!!!!!!!!

TimmyTheWonderD said:
gdbaby is out of town on the interview road, huh.... thinking about her a lot and sending good, happy vibes and prayers! GO BARBARA!!!!!!!!

Thanks Timmy. The interview day is long at Creighton, but EVERYONE was so nice!! The Asst Dean is hysterical AND we should know within 2 weeks. Damn.

So, I am gone for two days and I have to rescue this thread from page 3!!

gdbaby said:
Thanks Timmy. The interview day is long at Creighton, but EVERYONE was so nice!! The Asst Dean is hysterical AND we should know within 2 weeks. Damn.

So, I am gone for two days and I have to rescue this thread from page 3!!

finaaaally the big G-D is back. my life will now return to normalcy. i'm glad the interview went well, fax me a copy of your acceptance when you get it.

in other news, i need some female person advice. there are 2 girls that are basically stalking me. they know i'm leaving in 2 weeks (graduating) and they want to get in every last moment of mota that they can. but mr. mota needs to study for his finals. and i've come to learn that females in general don't understand how to NOT sleep over whenever you invite them over. what happened to the modern age of like "the independent woman" and all that. i mean i'm no pig or anything, but i've got **** to handle. and they keep trying to guilt trip me whenever i tell them i'm too busy ("but kevin you're my baby's daddy blah blah blah") and i'm sick of it. what do i do? screen phone calls?
-mota

DaMota said:
finaaaally the big G-D is back. my life will now return to normalcy. i'm glad the interview went well, fax me a copy of your acceptance when you get it.

in other news, i need some female person advice. there are 2 girls that are basically stalking me. they know i'm leaving in 2 weeks (graduating) and they want to get in every last moment of mota that they can. but mr. mota needs to study for his finals. and i've come to learn that females in general don't understand how to NOT sleep over whenever you invite them over. what happened to the modern age of like "the independent woman" and all that. i mean i'm no pig or anything, but i've got **** to handle. and they keep trying to guilt trip me whenever i tell them i'm too busy ("but kevin you're my baby's daddy blah blah blah") and i'm sick of it. what do i do? screen phone calls?
-mota
These type of women give us women who know how to have a good time and hit the highway a bad name. You gotta tell them it's nothing personal (even though it is) but you have to study for finals and you'll "see what happens next semester." Maybe their love for DaMota will ebb with a few spiked egg nogs.

Two girls, Mota. Damn.I once had two guys after me, but it was because I dented both their cars while parallel parking in Chicago.

gdbaby said:
Two girls, Mota. Damn.I once had two guys after me, but it was because I dented both their cars while parallel parking in Chicago.

gdbaby you're asian?!? i had no idea. uh oh, i think people are about to start yelling at me.
-mota

DaMota said:
gdbaby you're asian?!? i had no idea. uh oh, i think people are about to start yelling at me.
-mota
No **** you're gonna have people yelling at you. It not that she can't park because she's Asian. She can't park because she's a woman.

ok i'm gonna try to fix this before it gets really bad.

so you know how cinnamon toast crunch is the best cereal that exists? (other than rice krispies treats cereal which only lasted like 2 years for some god forsaken reason). I realized this morning that there really IS one negative to eating CTC. and that negative is that it's only good when its crunchy, yet it gets soggy in about 5 minutes. so i always end up scarfing down my cereal in ~ 2 minutes and get the hiccups. and in case you're wondering, yes, i did just wake up and i am eating cereal. and to those of you that like soggy cereal...you're kinda nasty. discuss
-mota

gdbaby said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mota, be honest with 'em. Giving them any kind of glimmer of false hope will wind up being a pain in the tush for you and not really fair to them either. If you make it crystal clear you're not that into them, you can all move on and be happier.

G'luck with those finals! My best friend is graduating this month too.. I'm sooo sad.

DaMota said:

so you know how cinnamon toast crunch is the best cereal that exists? (other than rice krispies treats cereal which only lasted like 2 years for some god forsaken reason). I realized this morning that there really IS one negative to eating CTC. and that negative is that it's only good when its crunchy, yet it gets soggy in about 5 minutes. so i always end up scarfing down my cereal in ~ 2 minutes and get the hiccups. and in case you're wondering, yes, i did just wake up and i am eating cereal. and to those of you that like soggy cereal...you're kinda nasty. discuss
-mota

Everyone makes fun of me for this, but it's really the only way to go. I pour only milk into my bowl, and then sit with the box of cereal and shake in like three bites at a time. It's crunch-tastic, baby.

Risa said:
Everyone makes fun of me for this, but it's really the only way to go. I pour only milk into my bowl, and then sit with the box of cereal and shake in like three bites at a time. It's crunch-tastic, baby.

thats probably the smartest thing i've ever heard. did you apply to harvard?
-mota

Ok, forget that, I'm torn now. UNM is playing UW (men's hoops). I grew up in Albuquerque (live here now) but I graduated from the UW (go huskies). UNM's hoops team sucks this year, but I like them because they're the lovable sh*tty underdog and they were down 15-2 8 minutes into the game they're making a run now.
This post has no point. I'm just conflicted.

DaMota said:

-mota

OMG... I thought I was the only CTC fanatic this side of the globe. I can go through like 5 boxes in a week... it's like crack. I'm not addicted... don't go judging me just because there's like 10 boxes of CTC stacked behind my trash can at this moment :scared: