Anyone else freakin' cuz your interviews are too late for an acceptance?O_o

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
desiredusername said:
This post has no point. I'm just conflicted.

this thread has no point.
-mota

Members don't see this ad.

i've been missing a cereal discussion!!!

1) soggy cereal is gross
2) crunchy cereal is great
3) cinnamon toast crunch is the greatest cereal ever created
4) fruit loops are very good as well, but get old quick if eating it every day....CTC does not get old....and the milk is delicious when it's all cinnamony
5) there are actually many cereals i enjoy....JUST DO NOT EAT THE STRAWBERRIES IN SPECIAL K W/ BERRIES UNLESS THEY ARE SOAKED IN MILK

Members don't see this ad :)
C.P. Jones said:
i've been missing a cereal discussion!!!

1) soggy cereal is gross
2) crunchy cereal is great
3) cinnamon toast crunch is the greatest cereal ever created
4) fruit loops are very good as well, but get old quick if eating it every day....CTC does not get old....and the milk is delicious when it's all cinnamony
5) there are actually many cereals i enjoy....JUST DO NOT EAT THE STRAWBERRIES IN SPECIAL K W/ BERRIES UNLESS THEY ARE SOAKED IN MILK

your comment about cereals getting old if you eat them everyday is a good one...I feel the same way with most sweet cereals, EXCEPT lucky charms. I am mostly a fan of the crunchy plain ones, like Total and Corn Flakes.
BTW, since it technically is a cereal, lets give it up for my Main Man from the State of Pennsylvania,
Quaker Oat Meal

Well, I generally don't eat cereal (I'm lactose intolerant), but when I do it's raisin bran or frosted mini shredded wheat. And not the mini-wheats with brown sugar in them.. too much sugar gets me absolutely ill. I don't drink soda pop either.

fruit loops is just like sugar loops - WWWAAAAAYYY too sweet for me.

I LOVE hot oatmeal - especially the raisin, date & walnut or the cinnamon spice kind. Raisins & spice is good too. I like cream of wheat, too......

OH.. and granola is really good in yogurt. (yogurt has enough bacteria that I can eat some of it without problems - cheese does too. Just no plain milk.)

C.P. Jones said:
JUST DO NOT EAT THE STRAWBERRIES IN SPECIAL K W/ BERRIES UNLESS THEY ARE SOAKED IN MILK

this is an excellent point. crunchy strawberries are right up there with soggy cereal in super-gross-land

Anyone ever had dried sliced strawberries? I thought they were AWESOME. But the ones in the Special K cereal were a bit funky (I picked them out when I bought the stuff for my daughter).

cocoa puffs in chocolate milk. makes me horny.
-mota

i like the ones in the special K as long as they sit in milk for half a minute or so

cocoa puffs are good, but cocoa krispies are weird tasting to me

also ME WANT HONEYCOMBS....those are good, but i haven't had them in a while

corn flakes used to be my favorite, but i need the milk flavored w/ something now...a little chocolate, a little coffee....that's why i like those fruit cereals/honey cereals/CTC they all add flavor to the milk

if there is no flavoring added, then i need sugar in the milk

frosted flakes are delicious, but in a way they taste like stale corn flakes
rice krispies are just classic

for some reason i don't like cheerios, but if someone gave me bag of them, i would eat them

chex are also good, but same w/ the corn flakes, i need to add to the milk

what am i talking about anymore, why am i just listing cereals and talking about them

oh, soy milk...tastes like cardboard....is this all soy milk or just the one i tried at UConn? ppl say it tastes good, but definitely not the one i had, yet one of my friends says the one at UConn tastes good...so i'm going to assume all soy milk tastes like cardboard (also, soy protein tastes like cardboard)

one of my favorite cereals....cardboard and milk

OH....this is great....take italian bread, break it up into a bunch of small pieces, add milk....or add to milk.....whatever you prefer....and add sugar....DELICIOUS

C.P. Jones said:
oh, soy milk...tastes like cardboard....is this all soy milk or just the one i tried at UConn? ppl say it tastes good, but definitely not the one i had, yet one of my friends says the one at UConn tastes good...so i'm going to assume all soy milk tastes like cardboard (also, soy protein tastes like cardboard)

haha C.P. that was quite the post.

the soymilk i drink (Silk-the extra fortified one in the blue carton) tastes to me like milk that's had wheaties in it. i like it a lot by itself or with granola, but it's pretty funky with any other cereal in it or, god forbid, in coffee.

now, because you miraculously didn't discuss it yet, I will give a shout out to Basic 4. i just don't like the little yogurty parts.

those little sugary balls (no not those kind of balls) in honey bunches of oats are heavenly.

Members don't see this ad :)
you have to get VANILLA soymilk. come on, get with the program.
furthermore...cap'n crunch. the bomb ****. discuss.
-mota

Risa said:
haha C.P. that was quite the post.

the soymilk i drink (Silk-the extra fortified one in the blue carton) tastes to me like milk that's had wheaties in it. i like it a lot by itself or with granola, but it's pretty funky with any other cereal in it or, god forbid, in coffee.

now, because you miraculously didn't discuss it yet, I will give a shout out to Basic 4. i just don't like the little yogurty parts.

wwwwwwwwwooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Basic 4? is this a cereal i do not know of? IMPOSSIBLE.....what is it?

i will purchase this Silk when i go to stop and shop next time

jtank....i agree, they are heavenly

mota.....i hate capn crunch, at first it's interesting and kinda good, then as i continue eating it, it burns my mouth w/ its sweetness all in the same bowl....this brings me to fruity pebbles....by far one of the worst cereals created...i think i'd eat raisin bran before this, and i hate raisins...and i probably hate bran too

does anyone remember the cereal with the little waffle pieces in it, it was cinnamony and sweet? those were my favorite until they stopped making them :mad:

jtank said:
does anyone remember the cereal with the little waffle pieces in it, it was cinnamony and sweet? those were my favorite until they stopped making them :mad:

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS I DO

are you talking about the one that was like CTC except they looked like slices of bread? am i making this up?

edit: i think i really am making up the fact that i do remember it and just made up some cereal that i loved

C.P. Jones said:
YYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS I DO

are you talking about the one that was like CTC except they looked like slices of bread? am i making this up?

edit: i think i really am making up the fact that i do remember it and just made up some cereal that i loved

haha, thats ok.

i found it,thx to google
45957post4.gif

jtank said:
haha, thats ok.

i found it,thx to google
45957post4.gif

that's not what i was thinking of....i think i made my cereal up :(
but i feel as if i know what my cereal was, and tasted like....i want it now

forget med school, i'm going to produce my new cereal

I dont even remember what I had this morning for breakfast :oops:

guys, chill out.

there are non-rolling schools and rolling schools. i can see the worries in the rolling schools, because those seats fill up by january.

but as for the non-rolling schools, they have quotes. for ex, VCU accept 30 first, then 80 in dec, then 30 every other month after that until may.

rosalind franklin is very similar. many schools, like stanford, follow the same type of thing to make sure you interview everybody.

theunderdog said:
guys, chill out.

there are non-rolling schools and rolling schools. i can see the worries in the rolling schools, because those seats fill up by january.

but as for the non-rolling schools, they have quotes. for ex, VCU accept 30 first, then 80 in dec, then 30 every other month after that until may.

rosalind franklin is very similar. many schools, like stanford, follow the same type of thing to make sure you interview everybody.

woah, your post confused me so much for a second.

underdog, the supposed premise of this thread is a total front. this is basically the speakeasy of sdn. it is really about cereal.

TheDarkSide said:
Does anyone remember Cracker Jack cereal? I loved that stuff. Does it still exist? :confused:
I found this:http://www.lavasurfer.com/cereal-ralston2.html
It shows crackerjack cereal. Cracker Jack (ha ha! I called a white guy a cracker!) looks a lot like the little girl from the Coppertone bottles who had her bathing suit pulled down by the dog.
It also has Dunkin Donuts cereal. Wow, adults must not have thought very highly of children back then. That's fantastic. And Nerds cereal. Yes, a cereal based on candy! That's so much like my dreams it's scary.

C.P. Jones said:
wwwwwwwwwooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Basic 4? is this a cereal i do not know of? IMPOSSIBLE.....what is it?

i will purchase this Silk when i go to stop and shop next time

jtank....i agree, they are heavenly

mota.....i hate capn crunch, at first it's interesting and kinda good, then as i continue eating it, it burns my mouth w/ its sweetness all in the same bowl....this brings me to fruity pebbles....by far one of the worst cereals created...i think i'd eat raisin bran before this, and i hate raisins...and i probably hate bran too

I just came home from the movies and read the last couple hours of this thread, and for some reason it is INORDINATELY hilarious to me right now.

I feel like a traitor to the cause because i'm eating soup when obviously, i should've gotten cereal. but anywhoo--i grabbed the basic 4 box from the kitchen. It is by General Mills and says that it's "A Delicious Blend of Sweet and Tangy Fruits, Crunchy Nuts and a Wholesome Variety of Grains." It's not like I'm a mathemetician or anything, it seems to me that fruits, nuts, and grains would amount to Basic 3. But "delicious" is also written in bold, so I guess the fourth basic ingredient is deliciousness. How could you not want this cereal???

desiredusername said:
It shows crackerjack cereal. Cracker Jack (ha ha! I called a white guy a cracker!) looks a lot like the little girl from the Coppertone bottles who had her bathing suit pulled down by the dog.
It also has Dunkin Donuts cereal. Wow, adults must not have thought very highly of children back then. That's fantastic. And Nerds cereal. Yes, a cereal based on candy! That's so much like my dreams it's scary.

That's the stuff! You are officially awesome for finding it!

TheDarkSide said:
That's the stuff! You are officially awesome for finding it!
That's way better than the "Officially Sane" certificate I got from the asyl.... supermarket.

desiredusername said:

Oh my GOD I want the Nerds cereal. I love Nerds!!! I love the dividedness of the box!! That's officially the best thing I've ever seen.

TheDarkSide said:
:laugh: Better to be awesome than sane any day of the week.
That's makes me happy, like hyena
You are wise, like owl.
Without the cereal I am sad, like panda.

Risa said:
Oh my GOD I want the Nerds cereal. I love Nerds!!! I love the dividedness of the box!! That's officially the best thing I've ever seen.

have u ever tried the nerds rope, now that is good!

jtank said:
have u ever tried the nerds rope, now that is good!

mmm that is one good rope

Powder Puff Girls Cereal. It turns me into Buttercup every morning.

what do you guys think are some of the funniest thread titles you've seen. everytime i see that "pregnant & accepted" one i crack up for some uknown reason.
-mota

DaMota said:
what do you guys think are some of the funniest thread titles you've seen. everytime i see that "pregnant & accepted" one i crack up for some uknown reason.
-mota
all the threads that end with "o_O" crack me up because the "o_O" sounds to me like uh oh...as if you did something wrong or you're scared. It's cute and funny. What can I say? Simple things amuse simple minds.

oooh. I see something shiny! Gotta go!

so, has anyone seen narnia yet?

jtank said:

I REALLY wanted to go see that over the weekend, but ended up going to several very WEIRD (and lame) gatherings. My husband's friends are all so very bizarre, which makes no sense to me, as my husband is not a bizarre guy! I tried to get him to go see Narnia with me instead of going to these outings, but he wasn't biting. I think my time would have been much better spent at the movies! :rolleyes:

jtank said:

I saw it! I liked it a LOT. It pretty much just really made me want to run around wearing some medievalesque dress and riding a unicorn.

I have a special attachment to Narnia since I was in my community theater's play of it when I was eight. I was the White Witch's sidekick, the evil dwarf. Obviously, the guy in the movie wasn't as awesome as me. He did have a better beard, though.

i want to see narnia, and i want to see syriana only b/c of george

alas, i have no friends, so i did not see either

Risa, i'm going to take a guess at where you watched narnia since we are both from the greatest state in the land.........destinta middletown....thank you, thank you

jtank said:

HIJACKER! I WILL GET YOU
-mota

C.P. Jones said:
i want to see narnia, and i want to see syriana only b/c of george

alas, i have no friends, so i did not see either

Risa, i'm going to take a guess at where you watched narnia since we are both from the greatest state in the land.........destinta middletown....thank you, thank you

Wow you must be psychic! I am indeed a Destinta gal. We didn't get screen 1 though, alas.. shoulda gone to the showing an hour earlier than we did! Where in CT are you?

Syriana's the other movie I saw this weekend (I'm a big moviegoer). I though it was only ok.... but George was amazing as always.

DaMota said:
HIJACKER! I WILL GET YOU
-mota

wwwwwhhhhhaaaaoooooo, mr. hijack blamer....hold on a minute there!

if i recall correctly:

and no one wanted to answer as you tried to change the subject from cereal to thread titles.....THREAD TITLES OF ALL THINGS

(i'm assuming you obviously know this and were trying to hijack the thread yourself) but i still want to yell at you, if that's ok with you, sir

jtank said:
Ok, so I don't know about Narnia, but I did get the Corpse Bride the other day and it's great. I just like the way it looks and my fingers are white and made of clay, too.

desiredusername said:
Ok, so I don't know about Narnia, but I did get the Corpse Bride the other day and it's great. I just like the way it looks and my fingers are white and made of clay, too.

i don't get this, can you explain...for me...please

C.P. Jones said:
i don't get this, can you explain...for me...please
The corpse bride is a claymation movie by tim burton. Think "Nightmare before Christmas" but with johnny depp and helena bonham carter. Stylistically it's gorgeous. And the movie is entertaining, too.

desiredusername said:
The corpse bride is a claymation movie by tim burton. Think "Nightmare before Christmas" but with johnny depp and helena bonham carter. Stylistically it's gorgeous. And the movie is entertaining, too.

hmmmm, i should see it, i enjoyed nightmare before christmas

C.P. Jones said:
hmmmm, i should see it, i enjoyed nightmare before christmas
You did enjoy it! I remember that! Ok, maybe I don't remember it.... who likes candy?

desiredusername said:
You did enjoy it! I remember that! Ok, maybe I don't remember it.... who likes candy?

ME! I like candy!

I like... Reeses! They pretty much have my name. And they're orgasmic, unrelatedly.

Ooooh I have a candy story that I learned last month. So apparently, the candy people were creating some great new candies.

They made one with chocolate, nougat, and caramel, and named it Three Musketeers because it had three components.

Then, they made one with chocolate and nougat and called it Milky Way, also for a logical reason which I forget, semi-ruining the story.

THEN, they had a CRAZY mixup and switched which wrapper they put which bar in. And that, children, is how the candy bars got their names.

Risa said:
ME! I like candy!

I like... Reeses! They pretty much have my name. And they're orgasmic, unrelatedly.

Dear Twix -
i love you. get in my belly.
-mota