Anyone else get annoyed when people say MCATs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*this thread*:sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

I hope no one here is so annoyed they run the risk of loosing his/her mind!

:: Grrr ::

Members don't see this ad :)
I always referred to it as the MCAT.

I think when people refer to it as the MCATs they are awakening the group dynamic-- that conduit between us all, our shared pain and pleasure with the test.

When I tell someone, "Yea the MCATs are comin' up in August" --- I awaken cries and woes of all my fellow sleepless premeds that will ache with me, for I am not alone.

When I say, "Yea the MCAT was ok" I am refering to my own trials and tribulations with the test.

When I say, "The MCATs suck ass" I am again evoking that grouply sense.

suffer yet?
Yeah I agree with this. And I have a 14V for those people trashing MCATs users as people with crappy verbal scores.

On top of which, by making the word MCAT plural it helps smooth out the flow of the sentences you use it in, which is probably the other reason it gets pluralized. This depends on the sentence, but MCAT in the singular isn't very flow conducive.

I won't lie, I say MCATs =) Oooops

If that's high on your list I want your life.

i always smile when i think about AIM... it is an acronym for a 5 word title composed of only three letters - how badass is that? the A alone is 'america On-Line' (except, i guess by now On-Line is really just one word)

oh and in undergrad days, you could use it like a verb - i will AIM you later, thus, I will "America On-Line Instant Messenger" you later...

love it

oh and i really had to think about the use of except / accept, sometimes I botch that one... :(

Even worse..in Massachusetts, they have the MCAS (Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System) test that is taken by elementary school students. Nothing worse than having people ask you how you did on the MCAS instead of MCAT(s)..then trying to explain that the MCAS is taken by little kids, and the MCAT is not (usually).