Anyone else get this email from Temple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
RE: Interest in the MD/MPH program

Thank you for your interest in the combined MD/MPH program at Temple University School of Medicine. You can find detailed information on the MD/MPH curriculum at http://www.medschool.temple.edu/admissions/MDMPH.pdf The website for the MPH program can be found at www.temple.edu/publichealth Temple offers a unique MPH program in Community Health Education that provides a real world experience for medical professionals. The public health perspective is increasingly relevant to clinical fields, where population-based research and health behavior models assist in the application of preventive health services.

It will take a total of five years to complete the MD/MPH program. The program has been designed so that you will start taking your MPH courses in the second semester of the first year of medical school. You will go on a leave of absence from the medical school after your second year to enroll full time for one year in the MPH program. The highlight of the MPH year is a year-long capstone course sequence during which you complete your fieldwork project or internship (depending on your choice). Unlike traditional internships, the fieldwork project is designed to give you practical research and/or program implementation experience in a community setting where you conduct, in collaboration with the agency, a research project in your area of interest. During the full-time MPH year students pay the graduate tuition rate (for the 2005-06 academic year $502/credit in-state/$732/credit out-of-state)

Students interested in the MD/MPH must apply separately but simultaneously to both the MD and MPH program. The application deadline for the MPH program is February 15th. Candidates must first be accepted to the MD program before being considered for the dual MD/MPH. Students interested in the dual degree should complete an application for the MPH program at this time. On the application, the graduate program/curriculum you would apply for is Community Health Education and the degree sought is MPH. Be sure to indicate in the Statement of Professional Plans and Goals submitted with your application that you are applying to the MD/MPH program. Applications for the MPH program can be found at http://www.temple.edu/grad/admissions/howtoapply.htm

If you have additional questions on the MD/MPH program, you can contact Dr. Brenda Seals at 215-204-6780 or [email protected].

Is this a good sign or basically another way of them saying fill out another application to get more money out of you?

I emailed the admissions office to see if I could get an answer but since Temple seems to be a nasty admissions office I don't know how successful I will be.

Members don't see this ad.

zahque said:
temple is the nazi germany of admissions offices.

and no, i didn't get that email. dunno.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, did you apply to the MPH program? Personally, I think its a general email sent out to everyone. However, this would piss me off and may just push me to withdraw from Temple. They say you first must be admitted into the MD program. Okay, thats cool. So, take my money for the MD and MPH app, then reject me for both? :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got it too......do we need to take the GRE? I read everything and couldn't find an answer, but I am SO all set with taking the GRE. No more tests!!

Okay, so I am assuming it is just an general email and another money maker for the school!! :mad:

Just got an email back from Temple. It was sent to every applicant interested in the MD-MPH program.

So do we have to take the GRE? I'm so confused.

Generally, combined MPH/MD programs does not require GRE.