Anyone else taking the July MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gumbyj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else taking the MCAT in July?

How much do you think this will impact your application?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow no one else huh?

I am. I'm currently working full-time, so I'd much rather take a later exam with more time to study than rush to take it earlier and feel less prepared. I know people always stress to get the app in ASAP, but you can't prioritize that above this exam.

Yeah, my app won't be complete until beginning of August at the earliest, but I'd rather have an extra month to study than my app being 1 month earlier (with a possible lower score).

Wow no one else huh?

I am. I'm currently working full-time, so I'd much rather take a later exam with more time to study than rush to take it earlier and feel less prepared. I know people always stress to get the app in ASAP, but you can't prioritize that above this exam.

Yeah, my app won't be complete until beginning of August at the earliest, but I'd rather have an extra month to study than my app being 1 month earlier (with a possible lower score).

I feel the same way. I am hoping it won't make too big of a difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys will be fine timing wise. I took the July 6 MCAT last year and it wasn't an issue. Just get your AMCAS submitted early so it's verified and ready for schools to look at when your scores gets released. Do as many secondaries before scores come in as you can.

When you take the MCAT does it go to your app service/schools applied to or what? I'm only applying to one school to verify the app before adding more schools until after the MCAT.
-I'm using TMDSAS and AACOMAS - so i think i needa release it to them, im guessing you note that on the app or on the day of the exam?

wait- why would it affect your score to take a test at a later date? I don't understand... I'm working a full time job in a lab and want to apply this year-- I'm thinking about taking a later test date... why would this affect scores?

wait- why would it affect your score to take a test at a later date? I don't understand... I'm working a full time job in a lab and want to apply this year-- I'm thinking about taking a later test date... why would this affect scores?

not affect the "score" but affect your application in regards to being late in the app cycle, but being complete early Aug is kinda of beating the horse, but fine. Anything past that is late

I am taking it July 06 at 1. I have ochem 2 and physics 2 to finish (post bacc) plus work . I wanted 2 dedicated months of study after classes end in may. I'm doing a modified version of sn2ed schedule and spreading out the first 30 days over the 2 months while I'm still in class - then I'm doing the next 2 months May to July 06. Does someone want to start an official 07/06/2012 MCAT thread. I can't from my mobile app. I need some accountability lol

Sent from my LePanII using SDN Mobile