Anyone get into UCSF or USC with a few C's??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

socalgirlie

PharmD
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a second year and I already have a few C's in my gpa :( Has anyone gotten in that has had a couple of C's???

Members don't see this ad.

If you look on UCSF's site the low end of the accepted student body has a GPA under 3.0, so I would figure some likely have Cs, yes.

USC I don't know.

yes but only if you show an upward trend.

Members don't see this ad :)
for every C you get you need 2 As or else you are doomed and should forget about pharmacy.

I'm a UCSF student, and I got one C in my whole five years of undergrad. Many B-'s, A's, A-'s, B's, and B+'s. Its only your second year, but you have to dedicate yourself to this. If pharmacy school is something you REALLY want, you may have to make sacrifices so that you can get better grades. If your major is too hard, then I would switch out to a major that is more doable for you. My major was super hard, and I don't know that it added brownie points :p

I got in to USC. I have few Cs from my third and fourth year, withdrew from a class, failed and repeated a class. But, I have many leadership and research experiences. Also, I did a bunch of networking. As long as you are really passionate about the profession, one way or another, you'll get in.