Anyone get this email from MCW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pride4jc727

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anybody applying to MCW get this email message as of late? And what does this mean? I got one too.

Dear Applicant: Thank you for your continuing interest in the Medical College of Wisconsin.

The committee has completed its review of your application. It has been favorably reviewed and moved to a smaller pool of applicants who potentially will be invited to interview with us. That pool is still much larger than our interview schedule can accommodate. So, candidates are selected to receive an invitation by strength of credentials and completion date of application. Those criteria for your application have now been determined by its completed review. If and when we reach your application in this process we will be happy to email you an invitation. Any further review of your application will occur only if you are interviewed.

Again, thank you for your interest.

Michael Istwan
Director of Admissions

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, that sounds like a happy spin of "on hold." It's not as bad as an outright rejection, but it seems like for a lot of schools (not sure about MCW in particular) that it is likely that you'll never get out of the "on hold" group.

I could also be wrong, as I don't know much about MCW.

Another thought: I know a lot of schools will keep a running list of people they might potentially ask for an interview, and has the people on the list actively ranked so that each week they'll pull the top X number of people off the list to interview. I rarely hear of schools emailing to let you know that you're on the list, but if MCW does that then I suppose it's possible you could just be somewhere in the middle of the pack and have a real shot at getting an interview eventually. I just don't know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody applying to MCW get this email message as of late? And what does this mean? I got one too.

Y

Dear Applicant: Thank you for your continuing interest in the Medical College of Wisconsin.

The committee has completed its review of your application. It has been favorably reviewed and moved to a smaller pool of applicants who potentially will be invited to interview with us. That pool is still much larger than our interview schedule can accommodate. So, candidates are selected to receive an invitation by strength of credentials and completion date of application. Those criteria for your application have now been determined by its completed review. If and when we reach your application in this process we will be happy to email you an invitation. Any further review of your application will occur only if you are interviewed.

Again, thank you for your interest.

Michael Istwan
Director of Admissions

Yeah, I got that like a month ago. Still haven't heard, but not a worry for me because I'm withdrawing my application.

its nothing to worry about - i got that email, and received an interview invite a week later. I think its just to keep people in the loop, without recognizing that any form of communication will be analyzed from every angle by us neurotic pre-meds.

I got that same message on 9/3, got an interview invitation on 10/7 and am interviewing at MCW on 11/7 so this is not necessarily a bad thing.

See the MCW secondary thread for a complete discussion of this message and what it ha meant for everyone.

Good Luck!

I got that message on 9/3 as well and I haven't heard anything since.

I also got it. Lame.

I got the same message 9/3 as well and have not heard anything since.

Last year people had the same message sent to them. One of my friends got an interview soon after the message and another had a rejection letter a couple months ago. So it really could go either way.

I got that message on 9/3 and then received an interview invite on 10/7.

I got that same message on 9/3, got an interview invitation on 10/7 and am interviewing at MCW on 11/7 so this is not necessarily a bad thing.

See the MCW secondary thread for a complete discussion of this message and what it ha meant for everyone.

Good Luck!

Same deal here, see you there Marcy!