Anyone going to the APVMA Symposium in March???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrumleyVet

Oldie but a wanna be!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an airline voucher for Christmas so I can go to the Symposium in March. Anyone else going? I'm the only member from my school, so am going alone.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an airline voucher for Christmas so I can go to the Symposium in March. Anyone else going? I'm the only member from my school, so am going alone.

Eh, from actually planning it and putting it on last year, I think it's a fair waste of money to attend (sorry Illinois). I'd use your voucher for something more fun, like a trip to anywhere else in the 48 states or wherever your voucher amount will get you!

I'm in Illinois (no offense taken). My Pre-Vet Club is the one putting Symposium together. I'd say that if you haven't been to one, then you should come! It's definitely a unique experience and if you don't have a good time, then pass up on next year's Symposium. But that being said, each school is different so you could attend a bad one but then the next one is awesome and you end up missing out! :/

But...I'll be attending (obviously...I don't have to travel) so count me in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, BC, don't be such a Debbie Downer.

Don't let his view skew your decision of whether or not to go. I helped put on the symposium last year as well, and as crazy as that was, I also attended the two before that, and they were a lot of fun. I think Symposium is what you make it. Some people are grumpy about it and whine that everything is not going perfectly (why even go?), but if you just go to learn stuff and have fun, I have found them extremely valuable. Every year I've gone the UF and Illinois groups seemed to find each other, and they've always been a great group; I'm sure they'll put on a good Symposium.

BrumleyVet, I hope you have a great time! It kind of sucks that you are going alone, but I'm sure as long as you are open to it, there will be plenty of opportunities to make friends. :)

I'm not going, probably because my involvement last year kind of killed it for me, and because having to buy airline tickets for interviews kind of depletes the available vet-related-travel funds.

Oo! Oo! I want to go!

My prevet club is trying to fund raise for it, we'll see. Four of us (not me) went last year to the one in FL.

What are the dates exactly and does your club have a site LadyHitokiri?
:)
The dates are March 20-22 (Fri-Sun). I'll have to dig for a site, I'm not sure if there is one. @.@ Sorry, kinda clueless

Good luck in raising funds! Hopefully everyone can go who wants to go. :)

I might be there! My school's pre-vet club is probably going, but nothing's set in stone yet for us.

I haven't been able to find "site" for it yet. :( Still looking for the registration form so I can get it in~! I emailed, but haven't been able to "get it in writing" or get a list of the things that will be going on.

Let me know what you find out, and let's get together while there!

Just bumping this up. I'm going to be helping out this weekend, and will be announcing a couple of the lecturers before their presentations. It would be awesome to meet some SDNers who are going to be here!

So...anyone going?:D Also, what lectures are you attending, so we can see if I'm going to be in any of the same ones...

Lady Hitokiri I will be there too! The pre-vet club from my school has about 30 people coming. So do you know why they decided to do an open forum format for the lectures this year? And what is the weather like back there, today in So Cal it was in the 80s so how big of a shock will it be?

As far as the lectures I was thinking about the alternative careers in vet med, exotic surgery, and maybe the clicker training thing...

Last edited: