-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SAVMA Symposium 2020 Attendees
Started by jaboo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@SportPonies @batsenecal
That’s me! I’ll be there!@SportPonies @batsenecal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Samesies!!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'll be around, may or may not actually attend the symposium lol
Maybe I’ll drive to Ithaca... can I crash on someone’s couch??That’s me! I’ll be there!
I'll be there!
We doing a SDN meet up? We've all got to see each other for the scrub crawl.
I’d offer mine but I live in a studio... with my SO and 2 cats. So it’s a bit crowded!Maybe I’ll drive to Ithaca... can I crash on someone’s couch??
Maybe I’ll drive to Ithaca... can I crash on someone’s couch??
If you want to drive up with me and my roommates we’re looking for a 4th person for our hotel room!
I’ll let you knowIf you want to drive up with me and my roommates we’re looking for a 4th person for our hotel room!
ME! I have delegate duties most the time, but will be around!
I'm going to be there!
Not gonna lie, fam. I'm going to need everyone to tell me their real name, your SDN name, and the school you attend if we see each other. I struggle hard to keep all this straight.
If I end up going to this, I am going to call you by your SDN names. Only got so much room in my brain, yo
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MeIf I end up going to this, I am going to call you by your SDN names. Only got so much room in my brain, yo
Me!! Super excited and I got into a fear free handling lab too! Now to just figure out how to get my rabies vaccine...Me!! Super excited and I got into a fear free handling lab too! Now to just figure out how to get my rabies vaccine...
I got mine through our university. So you could probably check out your health services
Me!
What’s a scrub crawl? :OWe doing a SDN meet up? We've all got to see each other for the scrub crawl.
Me!! Super excited and I got into a fear free handling lab too! Now to just figure out how to get my rabies vaccine...
Are you guys not required to have yours for school?
What’s a scrub crawl? :O
It's a bar crawl while we're wearing our fave scrubs!!! 😀
I also signed up for the suture competition. Not sure if that was a solid plan. 

Either check with student health because the group vaccination thing doesnt happen until after symposium or any of the pharmacies in town. I know specifically the safeways will do it. Suggest doing sooner than later because of the intervals you have to get boostered takes a minimum of 3-4 weeks.Me!! Super excited and I got into a fear free handling lab too! Now to just figure out how to get my rabies vaccine...
Nope supposedly because of the low incidence of rabies we have here. It is required for a few certain rotations 4th year but you can avoid those easily. Wierd but also kinda nice they dont require it to enroll like some schoolsAre you guys not required to have yours for school?
Either check with student health because the group vaccination thing doesnt happen until after symposium or any of the pharmacies in town. I know specifically the safeways will do it. Suggest doing sooner than later because of the intervals you have to get boostered takes a minimum of 3-4 weeks.
Ah thank you, a few friends and I have been price comparising around town. Will have to check Safeway for sure. We also heard a rumor that the AVMA student life insurance also covers like $300 of the vaccine series?
Wierd but also kinda nice they dont require it to enroll like some schools
Yeah, we're required to have them by the start of 601 in October because of spending 8 weeks in the teaching hospital. If we're in the wildlife clinic, they're required prior to handling any mammal.
It's a separate thing that costs money.Ah thank you, a few friends and I have been price comparising around town. Will have to check Safeway for sure. We also heard a rumor that the AVMA student life insurance also covers like $300 of the vaccine series?
Either check with student health because the group vaccination thing doesnt happen until after symposium or any of the pharmacies in town. I know specifically the safeways will do it. Suggest doing sooner than later because of the intervals you have to get boostered takes a minimum of 3-4 weeks.Nope supposedly because of the low incidence of rabies we have here. It is required for a few certain rotations 4th year but you can avoid those easily. Wierd but also kinda nice they dont require it to enroll like some schools
Weird. We were required to have them by the end of first semester of first year. Fun thing to spend over $1000 on.
Damn it, oh well. Thanks for the heads upIt's a separate thing that costs money.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just kidding...I won't be joining this year. It's my only week of spring break before clinics start in earnest, and so I'm going somewhere tropical haha
Just kidding...I won't be joining this year. It's my only week of spring break before clinics start in earnest, and so I'm going somewhere tropical haha
Fair! Lol
That sounds fabulousJust kidding...I won't be joining this year. It's my only week of spring break before clinics start in earnest, and so I'm going somewhere tropical haha
@Miranda Senft @johnnaboo How crazy would it be to get up at like 7am drive to Niagara Falls spend a few hours there and then drive to Boston same day? Is ~2 hours enough time to do the few major things at Niagara? I know we'll be in for like a 10+ hour drive depending on traffic
(I know you're not asking me but) yes 2 hrs is enough time at Niagara imo, if you stay on the US side. It is a very long drive from there to Boston, but doable -- although if you are trying to catch a flight I would not recommend it b/c traffic. And don't get caught by the NY state troopers for speeding. They looooove to pull over people from out of state.@Miranda Senft @johnnaboo How crazy would it be to get up at like 7am drive to Niagara Falls spend a few hours there and then drive to Boston same day? Is ~2 hours enough time to do the few major things at Niagara? I know we'll be in for like a 10+ hour drive depending on traffic
Thanks! How much more time/ would it be worth it to go over to the Canadian side?(I know you're not asking me but) yes 2 hrs is enough time at Niagara imo, if you stay on the US side. It is a very long drive from there to Boston, but doable -- although if you are trying to catch a flight I would not recommend it b/c traffic. And don't get caught by the NY state troopers for speeding. They looooove to pull over people from out of state.
Definitely will add more time and I think it’s not worth it. You can see a lot from the US side.Thanks! How much more time/ would it be worth it to go over to the Canadian side?
Currently struggling. Illinois is chartering a bus for us to take altogether that will leave vet med between 5 or 6 pm on Friday. I have a wedding on March 11 in Orlando. We're also supposed to have finals the 12 and 13. And they won't let me take part 1 and 2 of finals on Monday so I could leave any time on Tuesday. -_- Trying to coordinate taking finals, a flight there, a flight back (possibly to a different airport, so needing a bus back), and being on time Friday to leave for SAVMA. And alllllllll of this is because the undergrads voted to have a 4 week christmas break. If we had had a normal break, this wedding and everything would be happening during spring break, so I wouldn't have to worry about finals at all.
Like this is you want to be added to a chat where we can discuss potential plans! (And introduce ourselves)
Maybe add me? we haven't booked vacation flights yet so maybe I'll end up freezing my butt off in ithaca after allLike this is you want to be added to a chat where we can discuss potential plans! (And introduce ourselves)
Apparently I'm SAVMA Symposium insta famous 😛
Well, uh... let‘s just say you all will be getting an email soon. 

****kkkkk I was really looking forward to the symposium 🙁
Yeah this sucks. Does anyone know if it's going to be at Cornell next year?
That sucks so bad 🙁((((((
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No idea. Kansas I think is scheduled to do it next year, but I don’t know if it’ll be there or we’ll get another shot at it.Yeah this sucks. Does anyone know if it's going to be at Cornell next year?
Wait help what happened
COVID-19 happened.Wait help what happened
Yikes. Just because it’s a thing in general and there’d be a lot of people there or has it gotten closer to Cornell?
Cornell administration sent out this long ass email today. Pertinent info:Yikes. Just because it’s a thing in general and there’d be a lot of people there or has it gotten closer to Cornell?
- Effective Monday, March 9, we are postponing or canceling large (more than 100 people), non-essential events or work-related gatherings scheduled through April 15. This includes events sponsored by the university, colleges, schools, departments or units, as well as student-sponsored events, where a significant number of participants are expected to travel to or from the region for the event. This policy does not include on-campus events where participation is primarily by Cornell audiences.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 683
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K