Anyone going to vet school with a partner/bf/gf?

Started by bluechis
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude that's because half of what's within the state boundaries of Michigan are the Great Lakes, which just feels like cheating.

If we're counting lakes, you can't just not count the great ones. It ain't cheating just because you can't keep up. Still lakes. Enjoy your many smaller lakes. We'll be over here in our greatness.
 
I'm hoping to still be in a relationship when I start vet school. She will be in med school hopefully just a couple of hours away. We both know that we will hardly see each other but since we will both be stressed it could work?!?! Still a long way for me. Hoping I'll be one of the guys that is already taken but you never know! Oh and Kansas does have a couple of small lakes!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can have more water. IDGAC about volume or surface area of water. WE HAVE THE NUMBERS AND THAT'S ALL I CARE ABOUT AND Wow did I derail this thread or what?

Fine. You go ahead and sacrifice quality for quantity. Have your lame small lakes.

You what state has the most water right...

Everyone just needs to admit Alaska is superior. Most lakes, most costal miles, most surface area that is water. Just accept it.

You're right. Alaska is so great that they have to pay people to live there.
 
tenor.gif
 
Holy cow. I didn’t know mentioning lakes would be so controversial! I feel like I stepped on a land mine. 😀

Just gonna throw some gasoline on the fire. We have Torch Lake.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
trees, mountains, AND ocean? I’ve got just the state for you! :angelic:

It’s Texas. Texas has it all.
Ummm no no no, try NC. All that, real seasons and it's not a legit sauna for several months a year.

I'm amused we are discussing chili again. This came up at work today and I was just thinking LIS owes us a vid still.
 
Mountains, rocky hills, same thing right 😛
*clears throat*

So according to National Geographic,
Most geologists classify a mountain as a landform that rises at least 1,000 feet (300 meters) or more above its surrounding area.
Texas has 11 mountains that are 8,000 feet above the surrounding area. Texas itself has 67 mountain peaks that rise at least 1,000 feet above the surrounding area, therefore classifying them as mountains.

Furthermore, if you’re trying to classify based on height, Mt Rainer, the tallest mountain in Washington, still lies at number 30 in elevation in North America, almost 5,900 feet below the tallest, Denali.
 
*clears throat*

So according to National Geographic, Texas has 11 mountains that are 8,000 feet above the surrounding area. Texas itself has 67 mountain peaks that rise at least 1,000 feet above the surrounding area, therefore classifying them as mountains.

Furthermore, if you’re trying to classify based on height, Mt Rainer, the tallest mountain in Washington, still lies at number 30 in elevation in North America, almost 5,900 feet below the tallest, Denali.
You're just jealous this is one time everything isn't bigger in Texas 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cali.

Which pwns Texas so hard.

But those taxes tho

Dude, yes. I moved from California to Georgia several months back and our house costs 1/3 of what we paid in California. I pay $250 less per month in income taxes (I work remotely for the same company) and it cost $25 to register our cars (compared to ~300 in California). Never going back