anyone have a LOR from research professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rawknee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My professor said he was swamped with work for the next who knows how long so he asked me to write a draft, send it to him, and he'll make some revisions and additions.

Does anyone have a LOR from a research professor that I could pull ideas to write about? Or does anyone have any suggestions about what I should include in it?

Thanks a lot everyone

Members don't see this ad.

I met my with my research professor to talk about what she'd write in my letter. She didn't show it to me or anything, but she had good ideas.

You should definitely talk about how being thorough and meticulous are important and that's how they trust your work. Attention to detail, working as a part of a team, taking criticism from colleages and learning from your mistakes would all be pertinent to dental school I think. I did a lot of plating arabidopsis seeds and running DNA gels and did western blots so she talked about my hand skills too.

I had to write my letter from my dentist and it was really hard at first! I would suggest not worrying about what it sounds like to start off, just work on content and then go back in the end and make it sound like a professional wrote it!

Hope this helps a little!