Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do not agree. We have women in our 6 year OMFS program all the time. And we do not do our big surgeries on Fiday. Let's leave the blanket statements elsewhere. Too many urban legends on this board.Not trying to steal anyone's thunder here, but I think women overall are not attracted to OMFS. Most of us will graduate ds when we are 27-30+. At that stage in our lives, most women will be looking to marry, settle down, have children etc. A 4-6 year OMFS program would at least appear as having the potential of getting in the away of the aforementioned goals. I'm not sure if it would or not, but I'm leaning towards would. Plus, even beyond residency, oral surgeons have a greater time commitment to their patients. Big surgeries are typically Friday mornings, so they must be on call all weekend etc.