anyone have stomach problems (hunger, diarrhea) while taking step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hippocampus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have their stomach growl during the exam? how to fix the problem and make it shut up? did you have to train your stomach before the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

actually about 3 days before i "simulated" what i'd be doing the exam day
= i bought a pack of sneaker bars and hotdogs and ate that and water for the similar time period in the exam.

Last edited:
anyone have their stomach growl during the exam? how to fix the problem and make it shut up? did you have to train your stomach before the exam?

hahaha... without getting too specific, I used to get some sort of GI distress on the day of a big test (more so on big interview days... nice, eh? :D).

For me, I try to get around it by eating a nice diet the day before (so I know what to expect) and try to get a real thorough poop sometime that morning. :laugh::thumbup:

hahaha... without getting too specific, I used to get some sort of GI distress on the day of a big test (more so on big interview days... nice, eh? :D).

For me, I try to get around it by eating a nice diet the day before (so I know what to expect) and try to get a real thorough poop sometime that morning. :laugh::thumbup:

One of our small group sessions was on somatoform disorders, and there was a poll amongst the 20 or so people in the room, and something like 80% of us had symptoms of IBS that got worse with exams/interviews/etc. Part of being type A, I guess.