Anyone have their acceptance rescinded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kam22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to be granted admission to a few pharmacy schools, along with my #1 school recently. My #1 school requires completing my remaining courses with ALL B's, even non-pharmacy prerequisites. I have left all my hard biochemistry capstone courses for my last semester, and I am afraid I will get a C/C+ at least. I am doing all I can (office hours, TA help, lots of studying), but I am still worried as this class is notorious for its bad class averages.

The school notes this will not disqualify me from admission, but the admissions committee will review my grade and determine if the grade causes concerns about my ability to be successful in the PharmD program.

Has anyone known someone (or had) their acceptance offered rescinded?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was fortunate enough to be granted admission to a few pharmacy schools, along with my #1 school recently. My #1 school requires completing my remaining courses with ALL B's, even non-pharmacy prerequisites. I have left all my hard biochemistry capstone courses for my last semester, and I am afraid I will get a C/C+ at least. I am doing all I can (office hours, TA help, lots of studying), but I am still worried as this class is notorious for its bad class averages.

The school notes this will not disqualify me from admission, but the admissions committee will review my grade and determine if the grade causes concerns about my ability to be successful in the PharmD program.

Has anyone known someone (or had) their acceptance offered rescinded?

Hi, I'm in a similar situation with a Calculus class... Also was wondering about this. My school told me that it's the overall GPA of the remaining prerequisite courses that should be B or above. This pressure is even making it more of a burden as both calculus and Biochem are hard classes...

Guys, if you can't do well in biochem and calculus classes, what makes you think you will succesful in pharmacy school ??? Please don't get me wrong but i also took 4 biochem classes ( all 400 level )in one semester, did A's and B+.Its very much possible and let me add, i only studied day before exam.Above all do you know in your first year you will be studying biochem, medicinal chem in pharmacy school, this undergrad. class will prepare you for more rigurous classes in pharmacy school. So stop making excuses and start studying..

And to your question, i haven't had anyone in my contact went through that but have heard stories here, so yeah your app can go under another review. Remember your admission is conditional until you actually starts school, anything and everything is possible and they very well can reject people.

Reactions: 1 user
Guys, if you can't do well in biochem and calculus classes, what makes you think you will succesful in pharmacy school ??? Please don't get me wrong but i also took 4 biochem classes ( all 400 level )in one semester, did A's and B+.Its very much possible and let me add, i only studied day before exam.Above all do you know in your first year you will be studying biochem, medicinal chem in pharmacy school, this undergrad. class will prepare you for more rigurous classes in pharmacy school. So stop making excuses and start studying..

And to your question, i haven't had anyone in my contact went through that but have heard stories here, so yeah your app can go under another review. Remember your admission is conditional until you actually starts school, anything and everything is possible and they very well can reject people.
Well, I did very well on Biochem, Ochem I&II, Microbiology, Physiology, Gentics and Molecular Bio, and Gen Chem. I work 40 hours and currently struggling with family issues... and it's just that Calculus is one of those classes that I'm just not interested and especially because it is a useless course for pharmacy in my opinion. I do appreciate your concern, I don't think it's necessary to question one's ability to do well in pharmacy school. This was just a question as to see if anyone has heard of schools rescind acceptance letter...

Reactions: 1 users