Anyone hear from UMDNJ-SOM???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScheringPlough

MS III--Go 'Gate
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has heard from UMDNJ-SOM. It doesn't seem like many people have been interviewed/accepted/rejected from them, so anyone that has applied PLEASE shed some light on this topic.

I have placed a deposit at NYCOM to reserve a spot, but I'm still hoping for UMDNJ for the lower in-state tuition and small class size.

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you, I would give Dr Wallace a call and explain the situation to him. Tell/show him that you are interested in the school.As you mentioned the class is fairly small. They don't interview as many applicants as other schools. I believe they only interview about 250 applicants. I think they are almost done with interviews; and/or are interviewing for their waitlist. I hope you get an interview there. It's a very good school and they show great hospitality to the interviewees. The students seemed very happy. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah.. umdnj-som, is a pretty great school- i'd definitely go there, and i live 15 mins. from nycom- lol!

i had my interview there just this week, got the invitation ohh, back in feburary. the interview went well- they said btw now and august they will take on 25 more students. another surprising thing, they said they no longer give preference to out-of-staters.
g'luck!

UMDNJ-SOM is my first choice, too. I have not heard from them since I sent my sec app. I called once and they told me that my file was complete and will hear from them soon. Two weeks later I e-mailed them and they answered saying that they'll be interviewing until May 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I interviewed with PCOM and NYCOM last week and I got waitlisted at VCOM. I'm going to wait as long as I can for NJ. I don't think my chances with SOM-NJ are high, I'm from North Jersey but I change my state of residence when I moved to college in VA. Keep waiting. I know I will. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!