Anyone Heard From KU yet???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pills_r_good

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last I heard from them was on the 5th of March, stating that they would be sending out interview requests and rejections within the next 10-14 days. Today's the 19th, 14 days later, and I haven't received anything yet, and it seems no one else on the site has either. Anyone have some good news yet?

Members don't see this ad.

ku basketball is over rated I can't believe you are considering it. Did you take a look at the labs they are like from the 1960's. They need to renovate big time!

Last I heard from them was on the 5th of March, stating that they would be sending out interview requests and rejections within the next 10-14 days. Today's the 19th, 14 days later, and I haven't received anything yet, and it seems no one else on the site has either. Anyone have some good news yet?

No, I'm still waiting too. They move at a snail's pace with everything. I told another applicant to give it two weeks beyond what they said, and actually the letter was dated March 2, so they're past their deadline. But like I said, what's new. You should just come to expect it unfortunately. :rolleyes: I'll probably find out about other admissions before I even interview there. It's ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an undergrad at KU, and none of us have heard anything. A current KU pharm student told me that she did not find out about her admission until her finals week! Hope you all hear good news....eventually!

Geez, I wish this school would get on with it already!

hi guys,
I havn't heard from ku yet. did any of you guys did?
the last time i heard from them was on march 5th when they emailed me the letter stating that they will make their decision in 10-14 days. Now it has been over a month and i havn't heard anything.
i dont even know if i have shot at this school.
overall gpa: 3.62
math: 4.0
science: 3.71
pcat: 70
2 yrs of retail pharmacy experience
out of state (florida), but KU is my first choice.

do any of you know how KU selects their applicants in terms of in-state vs. out-state and also for gpa, pcat, experience, LORs ??
i wil really appreciate your help.
thx

I interviewed at KU this past weekend, and they said in 2-4 wks they will be sending out there acceptance letters by snail mail..and maybe email. There is a girl who is in my organic class, and she called because she got the same letter as you. The secretary said she was on the list to be interviewed, but it would be later in April. (Although they hadn't yet contacted her to set up an interview.) As FYI for plane tickets, they gave me <2 wks notice and you couldn't switch your interview date. I was told everyone was in a particular order.

I don't know how KU selects their applicant in-state vs out-of-state, but I know from the information they passed out at the interview that the avg. gpa is 3.65 and pcat of 80. The interview was open file, and I could hear them discussing me before I went in the room to be interviewed. So, I think one's experience and LORs are also very important. For me, it was not just straight cookie-cutter questions. They were more tailored to me.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Thank you for your help. I am thinking of either e-mailing them or calling them about my application status b/c i have to make my decision before end of this month.