Anyone heard From NSU Lately?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bob13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:(

I am really interested in attending NSU. I have been complete since early Nov, but have not heard a word from them. am i the only one not getting any love from NSU?????

Members don't see this ad.

bob13 said:

I am really interested in attending NSU. I have been complete since early Nov, but have not heard a word from them. am i the only one not getting any love from NSU?????

After being complete since mid-October... I just today got a phone call from them inviting me to interview. Turned it down since I wouldn't choose that hot, humid weather of FL over Iowa... I'm going to DMU! Maybe that will free up an interview invite for someone here!

:luck:

MsEvolution said:
After being complete since mid-October... I just today got a phone call from them inviting me to interview. Turned it down since I wouldn't choose that hot, humid weather of FL over Iowa... I'm going to DMU! Maybe that will free up an interview invite for someone here!

On a side note....everytime I see the air temps and the snow in Iowa, I am so glad I am chilling out in shorts in Janunary :) he he he. (Hey, I turned down DMU and CCOM mainly due to weather and money, so I understand :) )

Anyway, in regards to NSUCOM...it took them about about 5 months from when I was complete for an interview...some got theirs a bit quicker. I was complete in July/August and interviewed in December. Keep the faith and maybe double check to make sure your complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that they are difficult to get ahold of, but if you are seriously interested in attending that school I suggest that you call them. Ask them the status of your application. At bare minimum they get a bit familiar with your name and have to pull up your file. Also, if there has been any updates in your grades, extracurriculars, etc. I would send them an update letter. Once again, bare min someone once again has to pull your file.

I have not been overly impressed with the admissions office there, as they seem to be difficult to contact and it is even more difficult to get them to return a message. However, I am still looking forward to moving HOT HUMID FL next fall. :)

I have been complete since October too, and they just got back to me over the break. I wouldn't worry too much, but they are pretty slow in the office. Don't be afraid to call back often, they aren't going to get mad. Maybe you should ask for Delia, she handles all that stuff.

PS- I have lived here all my life and you couldn't pay me to go to Iowa, those winters and that snow is brutal. More power to those who can, but I prefer hot and humid to cold and miserable.

bob13 said:

I am in the same boat like you. I have been complete at NSU since last week of October but haven't heard back from them.

I completed my secondary in late Nov and just gave an interview this past week. They seem to have misplaced two of my LORs. Not very impressed with that!

Raggaman said:
I completed my secondary in late Nov and just gave an interview this past week. They seem to have misplaced two of my LORs. Not very impressed with that!

Sounds like my experience with AZCOM. I had one writer who put the letters in sealed envelopes and signed the back--I personally sent the same LOR twice...and they still claim that they didn't get it.

I think all schools have somewhat of a problem with this...I'm sure this isn't isolated with these two schools.

bob13 said:

I was complete in early Nov. also. I live in Miami, so I gave them a call in early Dec. "to check on the status" (knowing that I was complete). Five minutes later I get a call back inviting me for an interview. So I will be there on Jan.31st. I would call and see what's up :)

Karina

I called them the 1st week of Jan and got a generic response from Delia. She said “ we will be contacting people soon, if you don’t hear anything in a couple of week check back with me” do you think I got blew off…… now I see that people of SDN are getting interview call, but not me :confused:

bob13 said:
I called them the 1st week of Jan and got a generic response from Delia. She said “ we will be contacting people soon, if you don’t hear anything in a couple of week check back with me” do you think I got blew off…… now I see that people of SDN are getting interview call, but not me :confused:

No, I dont think you got blew off. Your time will come. Interviews are offered till march/april --am I right?

bob13 said:
They said call back in a few weeks, if you don't hear by the end of the week--call them back.

What number did you call to find out your status? I usually call the 1-800 number, but don't really get a clear answer. :confused:
thanks

anars28 said:
What number did you call to find out your status? I usually call the 1-800 number, but don't really get a clear answer. :confused:
thanks

954-262-1113

See if that helps.

Best of Luck!!!

MsEvolution said:

HA, enjoy the Iowa WINTER................I'm from Iowa, and the summer is just as bad as Florida's, Florida's is just longer. Anyway, when you're slipping on ice while the wind is giving your face frost bite on your way to class think of us in florida :) :)