Anyone heard from UCSF yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know how many spots are left?

Members don't see this ad.

Not me. While i did receive an interview invite for the 10th, i did not accept it because i had already heard back from my second choice school (touro) and decided i wanted to stay in teh bay area, even if i didn't get into ucsf.
Congratulations on getting in yourself by the way!

Hey Sillyfruits,

Just wondering if you interviewed at UCSD on the 10th of Feb? I'm just wondering if you're the one I met at UCSD.

no batch of letters this week???

Members don't see this ad :)
no letter for me today.

isn't it mid march already???

yeah, but they have until april 1st... bleh!!!!!:eek: I'd just like to know already. I just want a yes or no answer, I REALLY don't want to be waitlisted and have to spend all summer thinking, "what if."

yeah, but they have until april 1st... bleh!!!!!:eek: I'd just like to know already. I just want a yes or no answer, I REALLY don't want to be waitlisted and have to spend all summer thinking, "what if."

I know what you mean I don't want to be on the waitlist either. I would take a yes or a no please.

Could anyone tell me if I should be expecting a big or a samll envelop. I think the wait is getting to me. :scared:

Remember redrose to have patience. At this point u cant do anything and it really depends on what u are destained for. This is the only way i am able to cope with the situation. I just keep on telling myself that i should be proud and thankful for having come this far and if I dont get in this year then i can try next year. I know its easier said then done, but i hope this might help u a little. so smile and relax

Remember, even if you are waitlisted at UCSF, they are supposed to notify you of your waitlist position and periodically update you so that you know if your position changes, ie. if they start accepting people from the waitlist, then you will move up.

I got my acceptance letter today dated March 12th! It came the same day as my rejection from UCSD. So UCSF here I come! :)

I got my acceptance letter today dated March 12th! It came the same day as my rejection from UCSD. So UCSF here I come! :)

Yay, congrats! If these are the two schools you were leaning towards, I'm glad you got your news on the same day so now you can rest and relax :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone! I am so excited :D I am from San Diego, in fact I graduated from UCSD in 2003. I interviewed Jan 29th in the morning group at UCSD. The UCSD letter was dated March 13th (one day after UCSF's). I interviewed at UCSF on Feb 9th in the later session.

Wow Congrats. now the wait starts again for the rest of us. hopefully I'll get a letter today. Where is the mailman...:love:

Remember redrose to have patience. At this point u cant do anything and it really depends on what u are destained for. This is the only way i am able to cope with the situation. I just keep on telling myself that i should be proud and thankful for having come this far and if I dont get in this year then i can try next year. I know its easier said then done, but i hope this might help u a little. so smile and relax

Problem is, I am a reapplicant. I really hope I get in this year...

best of luck redrose. are u in-state or out of state? I am out of state and i think my chances are really low, but i am orginally from so.cal. I wished that counted for something.

best of luck redrose. are u in-state or out of state? I am out of state and i think my chances are really low, but i am orginally from so.cal. I wished that counted for something.

I am in-state, living in so cal. best of luck to you too. Is UCSF your first choice?

I have been waiting so looooog to hear back from UCSF and finally today I got my acceptance letter YAYYYY!!!!

Congratulations Elizabeth, you must be so thrilled right now!! :D

congrats to all of u! for those of you who havent joined the facebook group, please do!

I have been waiting so looooog to hear back from UCSF and finally today I got my acceptance letter YAYYYY!!!!

Congratulations Elizabeth, you must be so thrilled right now!! :D

Congras lilly. When was your letter mailed?

Congras lilly. When was your letter mailed?

Thank you!! The letter was dated and mailed 3/14. I live in socal so it took 2 days to get here. Good luck, I hope you hear from them soon! ;)

I got rejected on March 1st.

To be more specific, my rejection letter came on March 1st.
It was sent out on Feb 26th.

I BOMBED that interview. (It's completely justifiable that they cut me basing on that.)
The letter also says I lack the written skills to attend UCSF, which I kinda resent.

So congrats to you guys who actually made it; you guys are best of the best.

(I am still waiting for SD decision!)

I am in-state, living in so cal. best of luck to you too. Is UCSF your first choice?

Ya, UCSF is my first choice school. I really want to go back to california and i also loved the diversity of the school. Congrats to everyone else that has gotten in!:thumbup:

I got rejected on March 1st.

To be more specific, my rejection letter came on March 1st.
It was sent out on Feb 26th.

I BOMBED that interview. (It's completely justifiable that they cut me basing on that.)
The letter also says I lack the written skills to attend UCSF, which I kinda resent.

So congrats to you guys who actually made it; you guys are best of the best.

(I am still waiting for SD decision!)

Hey i'm sorry about your rejection. So they actually tell you specifically why you were denied vs. the general " sorry this year's applicant pool was very competitive, etc" type of letter? hmm the written skills comment was kinda harsh...I dont like the fact that schools try to assess your written skills in such a limited amount of time. Anyways, good luck with UCSD! You will be accepted to the school that you are meant for :)

aznshy, what were your stats and when did you interview anyway?

Thank you!! The letter was dated and mailed 3/14. I live in socal so it took 2 days to get here. Good luck, I hope you hear from them soon! ;)

Congratulations, lily83!
Seems they still have some seats left.
I was almost trying to call UCSF and see what's going on with my status.
Anyhow, when did you interview?

Congratulations, lily83!
Seems they still have some seats left.
I was almost trying to call UCSF and see what's going on with my status.
Anyhow, when did you interview?

I believe she interviewed 2/3

No mail today for me.... sighs..... arrrrggggghhhh....!!!!

I GOT IN!

Super excited...Letter date March 14, 2007!

I'm from out of state so for those of you waiting, maybe your letters will be coming soon!

seems like 3/14 is the "last" date of sending out acceptances b/c it's "mid-march". i think the rest now is waitlist or more rejections. hope i'm wrong.

Well I looked at last year's thread of UCSF acceptances and people were accepted all the way until late March. A few people from out of state even recieved acceptances in the first few days of April because it took a while to get to them. Many of the late acceptees were certain of rejection too, so don't lose hope yet! I used to console myself with last year's thread because it helped me realize that people do get accepted all the way into late March. I hope your letter comes soon :oops:

Well I looked at last year's thread of UCSF acceptances and people were accepted all the way until late March. A few people from out of state even recieved acceptances in the first few days of April because it took a while to get to them. Many of the late acceptees were certain of rejection too, so don't lose hope yet! I used to console myself with last year's thread because it helped me realize that people do get accepted all the way into late March. I hope your letter comes soon :oops:

thanks

seems like 3/14 is the "last" date of sending out acceptances b/c it's "mid-march". i think the rest now is waitlist or more rejections. hope i'm wrong.

I remember being accepted after spring break last year, so it was March 20-something... all hope's not lost. Chin up!

i got my letter today! I interviewed 2/3 and the letter is dated 3/19.

Hi everyone. I have been shadowing this post for a long time, suffering the wait with you all, but never brave enough to make my agony public. It has been a wild ride, and I am happy to report that I recieved an acceptance in the mail yesterday (March 20). Thus, there is still hope for anyone who is still waiting, even this late in the game. My letter was dated March 19 and I interviewed on February 15. Best of luck to those still watching their mailboxes, and I look forward to meeting my fellow classmates in the fall.

Hi everyone. I have been shadowing this post for a long time, suffering the wait with you all, but never brave enough to make my agony public. It has been a wild ride, and I am happy to report that I recieved an acceptance in the mail yesterday (March 20). Thus, there is still hope for anyone who is still waiting, even this late in the game. My letter was dated March 19 and I interviewed on February 15. Best of luck to those still watching their mailboxes, and I look forward to meeting my fellow classmates in the fall.

Hi Solidrose, Congras!!! Where are you from, could you tell us your stats?

i got the acceptance today 3/21 and i'm from socal so socal residents should check their mailbox today ;)

i knew i did well in my interview but the wait sucked.

i still do not know if i go here but it's great to know you have someplace to fall back on.

Haha, I bet most people would LOVE to have UCSF as a fall-back school :p

lol no i didn't mean it like that. this was my first acceptance ever b/c i applied so late.

i enjoyed my USC interview so if i get in there, it's gonna be tough.

i got the acceptance today 3/21 and i'm from socal so socal residents should check their mailbox today ;)

i knew i did well in my interview but the wait sucked.

i still do not know if i go here but it's great to know you have someplace to fall back on.

Congras!!! Could you tell us ur stats?

lol no i didn't mean it like that. this was my first acceptance ever b/c i applied so late.

i enjoyed my USC interview so if i get in there, it's gonna be tough.

Congrats! I know you've been freaking out this whole time so at least now you can rest a little and smile :). But as far as your USC interview, I highly doubt you'll hear from them before April 6th, so you should plan accordingly.

do you have to notify them if you change your class schedule for next quarter?

i'm done w/ my BS courses and UCSF pre-reqs. so next quarter i'ma just take like chill classes.

do i still have to notify them?