Anyone heard from UCSF yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zwigglez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering...

Members don't see this ad.

Last year, people found out about interviews/rejections after Christmas but before New Years.

Last year, people found out about interviews/rejections after Christmas but before New Years.

do you know if they put people on
"hold" too or is it just one or the other?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow.. they reject people straight out.. right after christmas? Wow.

I really want to go to UCSF :(

Yes, they reject ppl right out. I got a rejection letter last year.

They are only interviewing 250 ppl period. They know that most ppl that interview will go there b/c it's the number 1 pharm school.

wow.. after getting put on active consideration, i'm scared of checking my mailbox now! ..and i notice all of us are on sdn constantly these days cuz of all the updates. oy... wut a nervous holiday season its going to be :( good luck to everyone..

Yep, the holiday is definitely going to be really nerve-wrecking. I'll probably be stalking my mailbox starting next week. I'm out-of-state for all of my schools, so I'll definitely be getting nervous once I hear all the in-state people receiving their letters! Good luck everyone, we're all in it together.

Good luck everyone, we're all in it together.

Random OT thought, but you know what? I really appreciate this website.. because I don't really know too many people applying to pharm school this year, most of my friends are applying next year or are doing something else and I otherwise would have no one else to talk to about this whole nerve-wracking process.

Goodluck to all :luck:

i agree with you polarbear, i'm glad we have this forum haha nobody else really understands :D

Yea... I haven't heard anything either.

...do you guys know if they send the letters to our permanent or current address?? cuz after finals, i'll be going back home for winter break, and i don't want to miss the letter if they send it to my college address

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if this helps but I got a call from UCSF a few weeks ago. Apparently they were reviewing my application and asked me questions about my profile. That process is either done or near it by this point for everyone (reviewing applicants). I think we'll hear soon whether we get invited or not from this week to end of December.. but that's the impression I got from their website regarding timeframe. It would make more sense to wait until after xmas but.. who knows...

I don't know if this helps but I got a call from UCSF a few weeks ago. Apparently they were reviewing my application and asked me questions about my profile. That process is either done or near it by this point for everyone (reviewing applicants). I think we'll hear soon whether we get invited or not from this week to end of December.. but that's the impression I got from their website regarding timeframe. It would make more sense to wait until after xmas but.. who knows...

yeah...I got a call from them few weeks ago asking questions about my profile, too. Waiting makes me so nervous. I would rather know the result before holiday.

Do you think you could share what questions they asked (in general? Nothing specific). I'm really curious. Hmm I wonder if they didn't call you if it means they aren't interested.. :confused:

Sorry to have left you hanging. My questions were related to the technical inconsistencies in my PharmCAS application that they saw and wanted me to clarify minute details (ie: CA residency, addresses, etc.). Nothing important.. don't worry if you were contacted or not, it bears no indication whatsoever. But it confirmed to me at that time that they were reviewing applicant's profile and so... I am sure we'll hear results soon (before xmas).

Do you think you could share what questions they asked (in general? Nothing specific). I'm really curious. Hmm I wonder if they didn't call you if it means they aren't interested.. :confused:

They just wanted to confirm my CA residency since I am not a citizen.

Oh thanks for clarification guys. I'm just so anxious to hear any news.

Polarbear, since you have gotten several interviews so do you feel that apply early helped you. I still have not received an interview yet and I applied around late October- November

Polarbear, since you have gotten several interviews so do you feel that apply early helped you. I still have not received an interview yet and I applied around late October- November

I think it definately help me get the interviews I have for next month in January and for getting my Touro interview back in October.

I actually regret not having them turned in even earlier, during september I was so busy working and taking finals for summer school I put off USC's app until end of the month and didn't submit until beggining of October and it took 2 weeks for them to recieve my transcript! So by the time my file was complete the interviews were already mailed out for November.

UCSF is not on rolling admissions though so when I turned in my app (err.. November 1st for UCSF.. :rolleyes: ) will have no effect on whether or not I get an interview.

What schools did you apply to? If you turned in your apps in time I would still definately keep my hopes up. When my sister applied to pharm schools a few years ago she turned in her app last minute for Midwestern - Glendale and she still got in. She got in last minute actually, but now she is a pharmacist and thats all the matters :)

I just wish I had applied earlier not only because there's more seats but I'm a really bad waiter.. I suck at waiting.. I literally ran to the mailbox this afternoon to see if I got an invite for USC. :oops:

I see a lot of us are sleepless at the am hours.
Me too! However, it's very comforting to see this lead.

Thanks guys. :)

Good luck everybody.

last year, i got my rejection letter b4 the holidays. if i can remember correctly, it was dated around this time, the 15th, 16th, or 17th. i talked to someone in the admin office last week and he said they were getting all the files back on friday and letters will be sent out either this week or next. perhaps rejection letters first, then interviews?? im not sure but let's keep our hopes us while trying not too hard to think about this.

yea i just received the letter for an interview (my first one cuz i sent everything in on 11/1 lol) on 2/9.

good luck to the others. you'll be hearing it today or tomorrow.

yea i just received the letter for an interview (my first one cuz i sent everything in on 11/1 lol) on 2/9.

Hmm...do you live near SF?

I'll be stalking my mailman today. :)

woo hoO! just got an interview invite for jan 26th. i just got the letter today and i live in Los Angeles, so keep a look out for ur mail!

Only 2 UCSF interview letters received?

...maybe more will come tomorrow...

...hopefully to my mailbox...:confused:

im in socal and the letter is dated 12/15 so it took 3 days to get down here.

I'll be so depressed if I don't get an interview from UCSF :( I've wanted to go there since I was like 12.

I didn't get anything in the mail....uh oh. Too bad for me I guess..

^ Same. I'll see you then on 2/9 ;)

^ Same. I'll see you then on 2/9 ;)

do u know how UCSF schedules dates for interviews? the person earlier got 1/26 and i would have preferred that date b/c that's just 3 weeks into school.

btw, some of my friends haven't received anything so some people shouldn't worry. wait 1-2 more days.

but what about UCSD? have u guys heard from them?

I got a rejection letter from UCSF in mid-November just because one of the letter of recommendation hasn't received by them although I've sent everything in mid-October -.-

I have asked my teacher to resend the letter and also sent an explanation that the letter was sent already. I'm still hoping they will reconsider my application =x (I know that's impossible, tho)

i really hope they don't send out interview letters first, then rejection ones afterwards. that means all the interview letters have been sent out already on 12/15 and now the rejection ones will come today or tomorrow. =( i live in san francisco so it should have definitely came already.

do u know how UCSF schedules dates for interviews? the person earlier got 1/26 and i would have preferred that date b/c that's just 3 weeks into school.

btw, some of my friends haven't received anything so some people shouldn't worry. wait 1-2 more days.

but what about UCSD? have u guys heard from them?
about ucsd, there's 4 interview dates planned, two sessions per each date, with about 30 people per session i believe.

here are the dates:

sat jan 27
mon jan 29
sat feb 10
mon feb 12

with the times being from 8:30 am - 12 noon or 12:30 pm - 4 pm

how do i know? i'll be a student interviewer =) good luck, and hope to see you guys there!

i really hope they don't send out interview letters first, then rejection ones afterwards. that means all the interview letters have been sent out already on 12/15 and now the rejection ones will come today or tomorrow. =( i live in san francisco so it should have definitely came already.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking as well.. I checked my mail today, nothing :scared:

sigh, I'm also from the bay area and I've not recieved anything.

Nothing but junk mail. I hope they're still sending their interview letters out! Maybe tomorrow...

sigh, I'm also from the bay area and I've not recieved anything.

Nothing but junk mail. I hope they're still sending their interview letters out! Maybe tomorrow...

I'm in the same boat...I leave to go on vacation tomorrow night for 2 weeks so I'm praying something comes tomorrow. Either good or bad, at least I will know. I'm not sure I can patiently wait until after I get back :)

Just got home from my O-chem final to find the interview request form SF...My first request considering I sent everything in last minute (bad idea). I am scared, anxious, etc.!!! :)

I live in Los Angeles too and ithe request was dated Dec. 15...so it took a few days to get here.

I live in Bay Area and have not received letter from UCSF yet. :scared:

I really think that rejection letters will be sent out in the end. The reason why is because UCSF already has a set number of how many they want to interview. Keep in mind that not everyone that is offered an interview will actually interview. Last year, I had two guy friends who already got accepted to USC, decline their UCSF interviews. This allows for UCSF to offer interviews to more people that would have otherwise been rejected straight out.

Also..for those that are leaving for the holidays, be sure to get someone to check your mail. I remember people having to confirm their interviews in a certain time frame. Some ppl last year almost got their interviews declined b/c they didn't check their mail.

If you're in college and going home for the holidays, e-mail the admissions office to change your mailling address. I had to do this last year and ended up getting my letter at my home address.

Out of context...I am new to this site...can anyone tell me how to delete posts?

Yes...I agree...The last thing anyone would
want is to miss an interview because you didnt check your mail!! Btw the letter indicates that 14 days are given to either confirm or decline thwe invitation...and they provide you with a code to confirm online...If you fail to confirm within 14 days...they cancel your application :( Good luck everyone!!

about ucsd, there's 4 interview dates planned, two sessions per each date, with about 30 people per session i believe.

here are the dates:

sat jan 27
mon jan 29
sat feb 10
mon feb 12

with the times being from 8:30 am - 12 noon or 12:30 pm - 4 pm

how do i know? i'll be a student interviewer =) good luck, and hope to see you guys there!

so when will we get letters from UCSD?

For UCSD, are the invitations sent all at once, and the applicant selects a date, first-come, first-serve?

anything today? I'm scared..