Anyone in Atlanta, GA studying for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EpiDoc1981

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone in Atlanta, GA studying for upcoming MCATs in April-June? I am taking the exam May 21 and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in meeting up at a local library (Emory library or any public library) once or twice a week to review. Quote or PM me if you are interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anyone in Atlanta, GA studying for upcoming MCATs in April-June? I am taking the exam May 21 and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in meeting up at a local library (Emory library or any public library) once or twice a week to review. Quote or PM me if you are interested.

29 views and counting - Is anyone interested? Everyone is welcome regardless of your academic background. I'm a non-traditional applicant where I'm currently working as an Epidemiologist. I graduated from college in 2003 and graduate school in 2008 where I plan to take the MCAT this year to apply for med school for 2011. PM also if you prefer it. Thank you. :)

I am definitely interested in studying. I'm moving to Atlanta next week and planning on beginning my studies in early February for a late April MCAT. My girlfriend attends Emory Nursing so any of the campus libraries would work great (I think Health Sciences has study rooms). I'm also a non-trad and would definitely prefer to study with someone a little older and more serious. I'm new to SDN, however, and not sure how we go about getting each others contact info. Is there a way to send confidential messages to other members.

I am definitely interested in studying. I'm moving to Atlanta next week and planning on beginning my studies in early February for a late April MCAT. My girlfriend attends Emory Nursing so any of the campus libraries would work great (I think Health Sciences has study rooms). I'm also a non-trad and would definitely prefer to study with someone a little older and more serious. I'm new to SDN, however, and not sure how we go about getting each others contact info. Is there a way to send confidential messages to other members.

Yes, you use the personal message system by clicking on my username and we can exchange contact info there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wish I could join you two, but I'm taking the exam at the end of this month. I would have loved to work with you two...I can offer advice though:

- I recommend Kaplan. They provide you with several resources, including a QBank and access to all of AAMC's practice exams. Use these every week, especially by taking at least one full-length practice test weekly. I attended the center on Roswell Road. They also have another one nearby Emory, I believe.
- If you are studying together, hone in on those difficult parts and work through those first: i.e. optics, thermodynamics, etc. If you can work through those problems first, and help each other figure out how to think better (meaning LIKE the test writers) for each problem, you'll be closer to doing well.

Best of luck!

Wish I could join you two, but I'm taking the exam at the end of this month. I would have loved to work with you two...I can offer advice though:

- I recommend Kaplan. They provide you with several resources, including a QBank and access to all of AAMC's practice exams. Use these every week, especially by taking at least one full-length practice test weekly. I attended the center on Roswell Road. They also have another one nearby Emory, I believe.
- If you are studying together, hone in on those difficult parts and work through those first: i.e. optics, thermodynamics, etc. If you can work through those problems first, and help each other figure out how to think better (meaning LIKE the test writers) for each problem, you'll be closer to doing well.

Thank you for the advice. I wish you the best on your upcoming exam.:)

IM in hotlanta and willing to study but my exam is on the 30th! We can still do one study day or something if your interested

yeah i'm in GA, taking the test april 23. i'm in marietta though, so i'd have to drive like 30 mins to downtown. idk i could get one other friend of mine to come too probably.

The more the merrier :). Brianmed and exiledazn, PM me and we can get our study schedule set. mekel is moving here and should be here so we can work on our schedule.

Hello all,
I'm down in Atlanta now but will be busy prepping for the GRE for the next week. I'll get in touch when I'm finished. I will pretty much be free every day of the week after 11 am, though, if that helps. Good luck!

Hi everyone,
Lets consider Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-7pm. We can review topics and/or questions that we have independently been working on that may need clarification and work on more higher difficulty level questions together so we can develop our "MCAT mindset." Does this sound like a plan for everyone? Also in thinking about the distance everyone is traveling from, how does studying at a library at Georgia State (GSU) or Emory sound? I was thinking GSU would be better for those traveling from Marietta-what does everyone think? Should we start the week of Feb 8th to give everyone time to adjust schedules, etc. or earlier like next week Jan 26? PM me your e-mail addresses with your names if you haven't already so we can correspond through e-mail regarding our study sessions.

I am interested, new to this forum though, so how do I leave you my information? I am taking the exam the same time you are, also I am a nontraditional student.

I am interested, new to this forum though, so how do I leave you my information? I am taking the exam the same time you are, also I am a nontraditional student.

If you are interested, you can click on my username and personal message me. A friend and I study on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-7:30pm at the Georgia State library. So you just PM me if you are interested.

Hey Guys, I was laying low, to take care of a few personal issues that had to be addressed. Where @ GSU you meet. I would like to possibly meet up just to say hello. I am often on GSU campus

Hey Guys, I was laying low, to take care of a few personal issues that had to be addressed. Where @ GSU you meet. I would like to possibly meet up just to say hello. I am often on GSU campus

No problem, understandable I have been doing that also lately. But we are usually on the 3rd floor of the library at one of the desks on the bridge overlooking the street. We took off this week but will be back next week starting Monday again.