Anyone interested in being a mentor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexandraz

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been in the Air Force for 10 years and work in the dental field. I'm 28 years old from San Diego, CA. Honestly, nobody in my family has gone to college and all of the Doctors I know went to dental and medical school in the 1980s. They are great help but I want help from someone who applied recently and will provide honest feedback. It's my first year applying for dental school and I'm still pursuing my degree. I'm nervous about applying and being rejected. I'm looking for feedback and someone to ask if I have any questions about the application process. Applying to dental school is very expensive and I want to make my dental application as competitive as possible, anything will help. I'm nervous to miss a deadline and or to miss a second interview I have no idea how this process works.

Members don't see this ad.

Message me! I’d be happy to help any way I can

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also happy to help too! First year dental student currently

If you have any question, please feel free to send me a pm.
But I usually write a lot, so be prepared lol.

On a side note, today I tried the flight combat simulator at the Smithsonian air and space museum, and for the most part, our airplane was upside down and I was supposed to hit the target, but I only was able to hit one lol, so great job to be in the airforce, that must have been such an awesome and yet very challenging job!

People value paid advice a lot more than free ones. :) Don't believe me? Read here, and here.

That's true.

Op has many free options, to ask in the forum and listen to different opinions: some advice come from clueless people and some from biased people, and some from people with experience who really wants to help, but how would he know which advice is the correct one. He can also join groups and ask questions, again they are somewhat biased, but there are always people who help for free regardless if their advice solid or not.

He can also find a mentor or a coach for money that direct him in the right or the wrong path, it is still a gamble and nothing is guaranteed.

He needs to do your own research though.

People value paid advice a lot more than free ones. :) Don't believe me? Read here, and here.
It’s definitely an individual choice to pay for “coaching” but I thought it was important to state the obvious. Also, I have received excellent advice without paying for it...that’s a viable option. Lol...I’m sorry, ppl enjoy paying for the same advice that they can get for free? I would love to see the methodology of how the authors came to that conclusion...the articles were antidotal, at best and self serving. As I mentioned before, it’s an individual choice to pay for advice about getting into dental school, but I certainly would suggest to ppl to use free open data sources, logic, and a free mentor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I've been in the Air Force for 10 years and work in the dental field. I'm 28 years old from San Diego, CA. Honestly, nobody in my family has gone to college and all of the Doctors I know went to dental and medical school in the 1980s. They are great help but I want help from someone who applied recently and will provide honest feedback. It's my first year applying for dental school and I'm still pursuing my degree. I'm nervous about applying and being rejected. I'm looking for feedback and someone to ask if I have any questions about the application process. Applying to dental school is very expensive and I want to make my dental application as competitive as possible, anything will help. I'm nervous to miss a deadline and or to miss a second interview I have no idea how this process works.

Hey alexandraz,

You've already received several awesome offers - if you need an additional set of eyes for feedback or someone to bounce questions off of, then I'm a dental student and would love to help you. I think it's great that you're trying something new and picked dentistry; it is an exciting career field.

If you don't already have one, I recommend picking up a copy of the ADEA Official Guide to dental schools.

I agree to an extent; sometimes it doesn't match up with the schools website so double check but generally it's a good source and worth the money
Hey alexandraz,

You've already received several awesome offers - if you need an additional set of eyes for feedback or someone to bounce questions off of, then I'm a dental student and would love to help you. I think it's great that you're trying something new and picked dentistry; it is an exciting career field.

If you don't already have one, I recommend picking up a copy of the ADEA Official Guide to dental schools.

Sounds good I checked out the site and bought a membership now I need to order the book I didn’t realize they were different things. Trying to get feedback from how many schools to apply to? Were you diminished with your degree when applying or still pursuing?
Ps your name on here is cool