Anyone Knows a DO in San Antonio Texas for recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

learner01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone can help refer me to a DO in San Antonio for a reference letter? I have one from an MD but a school I am applying to want one from a DO!! if anyone can help I would appreciate that.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, great link..I hate to bother you more, so I found one however he said get me a letter and I will sign it for you.. Do you know where I can find a proto type recommendation letter geared towards DO schools?

thank you
Wait are you just asking these doctors for letters without spending any time shadowing them? Any letter will be stronger if you spend time shadowing them. I wouldn't know where to find a pre-typed letter and I wouldn't know how to write one so it sounds like it is coming directly from a DO. Adcoms will know if you're just getting a letter to check off a box instead of actually spending the time to experience something and learn something new with the physician. I highly recommend you shadow one of those DOs for a few days then ask them to write you a letter. Otherwise, someone else who has written their own recommendation letter will be better suited to answer that question.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait are you just asking these doctors for letters without spending any time shadowing them? Any letter will be stronger if you spend time shadowing them. I wouldn't know where to find a pre-typed letter and I wouldn't know how to write one so it sounds like it is coming directly from a DO. Adcoms will know if you're just getting a letter to check off a box instead of actually spending the time to experience something and learn something new with the physician. I highly recommend you shadow one of those DOs for a few days then ask them to write you a letter. Otherwise, someone else who has written their own recommendation letter will be better suited to answer that question.

I did shadow an MD and I have a good idea about DO..its just that this physician said write your letter and I will sign after consulting with the MD i shadowed as it turns out they knew each other

I did shadow an MD and I have a good idea about DO..its just that this physician said write your letter and I will sign after consulting with the MD i shadowed as it turns out they knew each other

fabricate it as much as you can without doing TOO much. As long as it is signed, this is your shot to get a baller lor!