Anyone live in Las Vegas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Summervibe

Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to work as a pharmacist in Las Vegas? I currently work for a tribal health clinic in Ca but moving to Vegas. Any insight on the job market over there would be appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

The VA seems to be hiring pharmacy techs

Vegas is over saturated with pharmacists. In 2020 the pay was $47/hr for 32 hours a week at wags and $50/hr for 32 hours at CVS. Tons of residency programs and no positions for the residents when they complete the program. One hospital I was at had 6 six residents and hired none of them. I moved away from Vegas because the job market sucked.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a great gig (side job) cleaning out garbage cans. If you would like, DM me and I’ll give you a run down on how it works. Only startup money needed is to buy a power washer. Dead serious - there is demand and money to be made here.

lol @ finding a reasonable job as an rph in Vegas.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I have a great gig (side job) cleaning out garbage cans. If you would like, DM me and I’ll give you a run down on how it works. Only startup money needed is to buy a power washer. Dead serious - there is demand and money to be made here.

lol @ finding a reasonable job as an rph in Vegas.

I am interested! You said you have a big water tank right? Sounds like you need a pickup truck?

Reactions: 1 user
I am interested! You said you have a big water tank right? Sounds like you need a pickup truck?

Yes - I am kinda in “phase 2” of this whole thing. Currently I borrow my fathers pickup, then put a giant tank on the back. The tank was originally intended for spraying weed killer to large areas. Anyways - with the right hookups you can attach it to most power washers.

At first though - we just got a small pressure washer and put it in one of those bike trailers intended for toddlers. Then we would just ride our bikes around with the pressure washer. We just communicated clearly to place the trash can at the front of their driveway and allow access to their hose. We started in our immediate neighborhood which made riding bikes easy.

we do the service quarterly and charge 20-25 bucks per wash. It’s genius dude and I’m serious the demand is astronomical. We have to decline lots of requests.

Make paper flyers with contact info - request text response. Canvas the local neighborhood and let the bites roll in. My kids do 100% of the canvassing. Trust me it’s bullish….

Last edited:
  • Love
Why do so many people want their trash cans washed? I don’t recall ever washing my can out and it sets in my garage, no smell or anything.

Reactions: 1 users
Why do so many people want their trash cans washed? I don’t recall ever washing my can out and it sets in my garage, no smell or anything.

Most people immediately say something like, “omg my trash cans freaking reek. I would love for someone to clean them out”.

It’s like a service everyone thinks they should have and are ashamed that they have not done it themselves. So far, approximately 64% of the homes we canvased responded with interest. Which is really freaking high when compared to other canvassing jobs.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes - I am kinda in “phase 2” of this whole thing. Currently I borrow my fathers pickup, then put a giant tank on the back. The tank was originally intended for spraying weed killer to large areas. Anyways - with the right hookups you can attach it to most power washers.

At first though - we just got a small pressure washer and put it in one of those bike trailers intended for toddlers. Then we would just ride our bikes around with the pressure washer. We just communicated clearly to place the trash can at the front of their driveway and allow access to their hose. We started in our immediate neighborhood which made riding bikes easy.

we do the service quarterly and charge 20-25 bucks per wash. It’s genius dude and I’m serious the demand is astronomical. We have to decline lots of requests.

Make paper flyers with contact info - request text response. Canvas the local neighborhood and let the bites roll in. My kids do 100% of the canvassing. Trust me it’s bullish….

Do you wash their recycling bins too or just trash cans?

Our trash cans stink from the previous owners and we never got around to cleaning them. I don't have a pressure washer and don't feel like reaching in to scrub by hand.

same here. But I do clean it may by twice a year. beginning and end of summer. I just take water hose and clean it.