Anyone who studied during the semester for the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ORamahiii

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how you studied for the DAT during the semester.. Right now i am only doing one subject per day and I don't know if i should be doing more than one per day or what?

Im using Chads, destroyer, and bootcamp for Chem/ochem
Im using Cliffs, destroyer, and bootcamp FOR BIO
IM USING destroyer for math, and then plan on using bootcamp for reading and PAT.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
"3.40 overall GPA, and a 3.04 science GPA. Ohio resident. Strong upward trend from a 2.77, to a 2.99, to a 3.75, to a 3.35, to a 3.85, to a 3.8. DAT of a 21 nothing below a 17, and I'm active in a lot of extracurriculars as well as dental club, and volunteering and shadowing (200+ hours of each). I plan on applying right when the cycle opens on June 1st. My other problem is that i went to one school my first semester, transferred to another school my second semester, then transferred again, and now have been at my current university for 2 years. So i transferred twice my freshman year. I don't know if that looks bad? But id love to hear my chances. I plan on apply to 15+ schools probably as well.

Thanks!"

Didn't you take the DAT already?

"3.40 overall GPA, and a 3.04 science GPA. Ohio resident. Strong upward trend from a 2.77, to a 2.99, to a 3.75, to a 3.35, to a 3.85, to a 3.8. DAT of a 21 nothing below a 17, and I'm active in a lot of extracurriculars as well as dental club, and volunteering and shadowing (200+ hours of each). I plan on applying right when the cycle opens on June 1st. My other problem is that i went to one school my first semester, transferred to another school my second semester, then transferred again, and now have been at my current university for 2 years. So i transferred twice my freshman year. I don't know if that looks bad? But id love to hear my chances. I plan on apply to 15+ schools probably as well.

Thanks!"

Didn't you take the DAT already?
Ean I’m retaking for my PAT and people are telling me I should be 22+ with my gpa

I was wondering how you studied for the DAT during the semester.. Right now i am only doing one subject per day and I don't know if i should be doing more than one per day or what?

Im using Chads, destroyer, and bootcamp for Chem/ochem
Im using Cliffs, destroyer, and bootcamp FOR BIO
IM USING destroyer for math, and then plan on using bootcamp for reading and PAT.

Thanks!
I studied bio here and there. The last 2-3 weeks I started studying for chem/ochem/math section and only used Chad's for those. Didn't study for PAT or reading. Took test september 15th.

I work 30+ hours a week and currently taking 14 hours upper level science hours. You can do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I studied bio here and there. The last 2-3 weeks I started studying for chem/ochem/math section and only used Chad's for those. Didn't study for PAT or reading. Took test september 15th.

I work 30+ hours a week and currently taking 14 hours upper level science hours. You can do it.
How did you do, if you don’t mind me asking?

There is a thread on here where they offer a sample 6/8 week study plan that's detailed day-by-day, you can modify it to have it work for you in terms of when you have classes and lab. I'm taking courses (biochem and physics with lab) at the moment and am studying for my DAT (first time taking it) in 6 weeks.

I think the most important thing is to get stuff like lab reports, homework, and class discussions from your semester classes done first then go on and do studying for the DAT so you don't waste precious time. When, if you did you already, schedule your DAT?

- Tina

Reactions: 1 user