AP class I did not receive credit for but still listed on transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Babbitt4MVP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
*Asking for a friend*

On my unofficial transcript, my college lists AP classes with a grade system of (P) for pass and (X) for fail. So this means they list the scores of the AP exams I did not pass with an X, instead of leaving it out altogether. I got a 3 on my AP Statistics exam, which meant I did not get credit for it at my college. This is listed with an X on my transcript.
I have been listing other AP class grades as "P" since that's also what's listed on my transcript. I was wondering, do I list my AP Statistics exam at all on AMCAS? If I do list it, do I list the grade received as an X?

Members don't see this ad.

Since you didnt get credit for it technically you dont have to list it. However, since it is on transcript you should bite so it doesnt delay AMCAS verification with a discrepancy

I wanted to ask you about two scenarios:

First: Do a large amount of AP credits offset year category? For example, if some had exactly a year's amount of AP credit, would their college grades during the first year be classified as "sophomore" on AMCAS?

Second: If someone comes in with zero AP credit, and takes a year's worth of units first semester of freshman year, will the second semester of freshman year be classified as "sophomore" on AMCAS?

Oh okay, that makes sense. The other issue is that the course name as listed on the transcript is "LOW SCORE/NO CREDIT" which also puts me in a bind, as it does not specify any class. I personally know that it's the AP statistics exam but there's no indication that it is on my transcript. Would I be safe if I simply listed on AMCAS exactly as it is on my transcript?