Apartment Prices

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J.opt

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was reading the pre-dent forum and got this price ranges for apartments around Nova:
1 bedroom ~ $800- $1200
2 bedroom ~ $1000- $1500
3 bedroom ~ $1100- $1600

What are the price ranges for apts around other opt schools? (i.e. Houston, SCO).

Members don't see this ad.

i think Houston really varies.... prices are all over the board. some 1br's are as low as $400

In my experience, $400/month would be a pretty crappy apartment in the Houston area, especially if you plan on living in the vicinity of the school. I think the graduate/professional school apts. they have on campus run ~$700/month for a one bedroom (utilities included though I believe). I'd expect to pay at least in the $500-600 range.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'll be sharing the apartment; but I found a 2 bedroom, 1 bath all bills paid (except electricity n' cable) in the Cambridge area (Boston NEWENCO) for...

drums please.....

$750

not a bad price my friends, move in date is on Sept. 1st and I hear its gonna be a zoo b/c that is when ALL apartment leases begin (apparently)

most of my friends in Houston that live near the med center pay 600 to 700 a month for a one bedroom.

anothertony-

that prices sounds almost too good to be true

have u seen it yet? Congrats!

yeah, Wow!

I wish I could find something like that, that close

In Manhattan -- $1200-$2000/mo for a 1-bedroom. :eek: Some people get 2-bedroom places, divide them up for 3 people, and pay ~$900. Out in the boroughs it's cheaper and the places are bigger (but the commute is longer) -- sharing a huge place might run you $700/mo.

I've been looking in the memphis area on rent.com and some other websites, and most of the 1 bedroom apartments range from $400-$550, the 2 bedroom, $500-$700 and 3 bedroom apartments usually at least $700 and up to $1500. I'm not sure how close these are to the campus but they all seem to be in the downtown or midtown area, which is in the general vicinity.

Originally posted by Petec
I've been looking in the memphis area on rent.com and some other websites, and most of the 1 bedroom apartments range from $400-$550, the 2 bedroom, $500-$700 and 3 bedroom apartments usually at least $700 and up to $1500. I'm not sure how close these are to the campus but they all seem to be in the downtown or midtown area, which is in the general vicinity.
Yeah, I read somewhere that out of all the cities with optometry schools,
Memphis had the lowest cost of living.

Originally posted by J.opt

but their tuition is high..

SuzyQ,

the apartment i got sits really close to "Summit" train station. (its on the green line, B (thats the slow train right?)

how long you think on the T it'll take me to get to Beacon street (after i get off Heinz convention center?

Tony

p.s I did see the apartment, its on the second floor, next to BU

Originally posted by J.opt

In forest grove oregon (pacific uni) the prices are about the same too

tuition is actually pretty low at SCO compared to other schools. In state is around 15-16, and out of state is about 18 to 19 thousand.