APMLE Boards Jul 2015 (Class of 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

n762

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hoping that those who failed (or passed) can give some words of wisdom regarding Boards Part 1.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How did you study the first time?
Like when did you start, what was the schedule like, what did you focus one, what do you think you did wrong?

Read: lower limb manual twice (given to us at DMU), BRS physiology once, First aid 2014 edition once, micro made simple once.. watched sketchy micro videos once, and did Q bank microbiology and pharmacology questions (roughly 200 each). Studied for 6 weeks, multiple hours a day with no particular schedule. Felt like I did not do well after the exam, ended up passing first time. Advice for underclassmen, do well in your classes the first time and really take the time to review. You've already been preparing for the exam since you started school.
As far as what I did well vs what I did wrong... Glad I studied the heck out of pharm, confident I didnt miss a single question on the exam as far as pharm goes. As far as what I did wrong, over looked biochem and minutia (such as ossification timing for LE). Either way, Ive heard from upper class men as well as residents that you will feel like you might of failed after taking that exam.
Do well in school (school curriculum needs to be good), study hard for 2 months to review, pass the exam.
Edit: should have mentioned I did all 6 of the practice exams made available from the boards website. They not realistic as to what the board tests, but rather are good for diagnostic purposes to see where your weaknesses lie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user