PhD/PsyD APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I put them under SF-50 and SF-15 because I'm pretty certain these are the "special factor" documents. But does anyone know if it matters which document goes to 15 and which goes to 50?

Members don't see this ad.

This may be off-base as I did not apply to BOP sites. However, you should able to combine the documents and submit as one. I assume they would all probably be PDFs, but if they aren't then you can easily convert them to PDF. To do so, simply print them, and then select the option "Print to PDF." You can then combine them through your PDF software, or, assuming it does not contain confidential information, there are a number of online sites that will combine PDFs for you.
I may try to do that and put them all in "other." Thanks!

I don't know, I can't even get over to the BOP app. It keeps giving me an error message!
They aren't answering their phones either. :/ Please let me know what you do when you get to that part!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I put them under SF-50 and SF-15 because I'm pretty certain these are the "special factor" documents. But does anyone know if it matters which document goes to 15 and which goes to 50?

Quick point of clarification, SF is just an acronym for "Standard Form." Nothing special about it. And, I thought SF-15 is the Standard Form for indicating whether or not you were a Veteran, SF-50 is the generic catch all.

Does anyone know if it's okay to combine the documents and just put them all under "other?"

Looks like San Diego VA had more invites coming afterall!!!

Official Site Name
: UCSD/VA San Diego
Date Invitation Received: 11/19/18
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Not sure which tracks this is for.
Offered Interview Dates: 1-7, 1-8, 1-9, 1-10, 1-11
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Throwing myself into a revise and resubmit.

Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know if it's okay to combine the documents and just put them all under "other?"

Just remembered that I screenshotted this from earlier in this forum. I’m going to upload them all separately and just use whatever document types are available.

Attachments

• C42041FC-B118-48C1-91B9-0B5C4F8976BD.png
    C42041FC-B118-48C1-91B9-0B5C4F8976BD.png
    293.7 KB · Views: 80
Hi all-

All BOP folks- Like many of you, my USAjobs application has been not been working either (first it was not being able to upload my documents, then it was an error just trying to get on the second portion of the application).

I just contacted both USAjobs and Monster Government Solutions Customer Support (who are responsible for the part of the application when it switches to the Federal site). USAjobs site reported that the error was not on their end. The folks at monster confirmed that the errors we are experiencing are on their end. They stated that they are aware of both of these problems and they are working to fix them. The woman I spoke with seemed confident they would have these resolved soon. Essentially, she told me to keep on checking the website to see if (when) they are working.

Hope that helps! Keep on, keeping on everyone- you all rock!

Reactions: 2 users
Just remembered that I screenshotted this from earlier in this forum. I’m going to upload them all separately and just use whatever document types are available.
THANK YOU! That is such a relief. When they say APPIC, do you think they are referring to a copy of our application to the site?

THANK YOU! That is such a relief. When they say APPIC, do you think they are referring to a copy of our application to the site?

The emails from each site listed three options to prove our APPIC status. Any of those should work!

Official Site Name
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Not sure which tracks this is for.
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Throwing myself into a revise and resubmit.

Congrats! That's the first time I've seen a second wave - which tracks did you apply for, if you don't mind me asking? And if you even recall (I know there are many).

Official Site Name: Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System
Date Invitation Received:11/18
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums):N/A
Offered Interview Dates: December 10-14
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Spending time with family

Official Site Name: UAB-BVAMC Clinical Psychology Internship Consortium
Date Invitation Received:11/19
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums):Adult track
Offered Interview Dates: December 10 and January 7

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I only got one interview invitation and 5 rejections already - is this a bad sign?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats! That's the first time I've seen a second wave - which tracks did you apply for, if you don't mind me asking? And if you even recall (I know there are many).

I heard back and in the first wave, but I just talked to someone who applied to the same tracks as me and they got a offer today. I think it was just how they were processing applications.

Reactions: 1 users
I only got one interview invitation and 5 rejections already - is this a bad sign?

No! I’m in the same boat BUT I have 12 more responses I’m waiting on so I’m sure I’ll get more invites. Keep the faith!

You’re fine some people get like 6 rejections in a row before even getting an invite. It’s just how this stuff goes. Hang in there!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Official Site Name: Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Neuropsychology
Offered Interview Dates: Monday’s and Friday’s in January
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Vines

Reactions: 6 users
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): child track
Offered Interview Dates: Dec 7th and 10th

Official Site Name: Rush University Medical Center
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Child/Adolescent/Pediatric
Offered Interview Dates: Dec 13th, Dec 14th, Jan 3rd, Jan 4th, Jan 10th

Reactions: 5 users

Official Site Name

May I ask what tracks you applied to, and if you are in a PhD or PsyD program?

Thanks!

Perhaps we should all take a moment to update our profile privacy so that we can message each other directly with requests for additional information, assistance, recipes, etc?

Most people I have attempted to message from this thread have their profile privacy set to mega-ultra private, where their profile page can't be viewed and therefore they cannot be sent private messages. :bigtears:

Official Site Name: Indiana University School of Medicine
Date Invitation Received: 11/19/18 (I know they sent out invites earlier but apparently they are still going out)
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): I applied to the Autism Track but the email does not specify
Offered Interview Dates: 1/10 and 1/16
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Heavily relying on friends and family

Official Site Name: South Texas Veterans Healthcare System (San Antonio)
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): General Mental Health Emphasis
Offered Interview Dates: Dec 4th, Jan 2nd, Jan 9th

Official Site Name: Charles George VA Medical Center (Asheville)
Date Invitation Received:11/19/18
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone Call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): NA
Offered Interview Dates: Jan 10th, Jan 17th, Jan 24th

Official Site Name: Vanderbilt University Medical Center Internship in Professional Psychology
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Child and Adolescent Psychology
Offered Interview Dates: 12/5, 12/7, 12/19, 1/9
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Working out and wedding planning!

Official Site Name: Emory University School of Medicine
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuropsychology
Offered Interview Dates: 12/14, 1/4, 1/11
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Good joke

Congrats!! Was this for the adult/pediatric track and/or adult/geriatric track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in the same boat. 1 invite, 2 rejections, and 2 sites who I still haven't heard from and have sent out their invites.

I've only heard back from one site so far and I'm waiting on like 238941793. It's still early in the game, so don't worry.

Official Site Name: South Texas Veterans Health Care System (San Antonio)
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuropsychology emphasis
Offered Interview Dates: 12/7, 1/10, 1/11
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Cuddling with my puppy!

Reactions: 7 users
Official Site Name: Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System
Date Invitation Received:11/18
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums):N/A
Offered Interview Dates: December 10-14
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Spending time with family

Date Invitation Received:11/19
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums):Adult track
Offered Interview Dates: December 10 and January 7

Are these for neuropsych tracks?

Finally received first rejection. Hennepin Healthcare

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Another BOP question - should we still apply to the BOP sites we didn't hear from yet? I'm about to submit my app for Tallahassee and it asks which sites I want to be considered for. I haven't heard from Terre Haute yet but should I still select it in case? I don't think it lets you go back in and re-apply..

I am in the same boat. Invited for Tallahassee and waiting to hear back from Terre Haute...not sure what to do :/

Official Site Name: Vanderbilt University Medical Center Internship in Professional Psychology
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Child and Adolescent Psychology
Offered Interview Dates: 12/5, 12/7, 12/19, 1/9
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Working out and wedding planning!

Congrats!! Me too! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Congrats!! I was waiting for this one!

So was I!! I was walking back to my car after a meeting when I saw it, and I literally started dancing in the parking lot haha. So pumped for both of us!

Anyone hear from DC VA? Looks like the past few years they call on the Friday before Thanksgiving.
I did not hear back from them yet; then again, Thanksgiving is early this year so that could be a factor...

Official Site Name: Kings County Hospital
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult
Offered Interview Dates: 12/10

Official Site Name: Saint Elizabeths Hospital
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 12/7, 12/14, 1/4, 1/11

Another BOP question - should we still apply to the BOP sites we didn't hear from yet? I'm about to submit my app for Tallahassee and it asks which sites I want to be considered for. I haven't heard from Terre Haute yet but should I still select it in case? I don't think it lets you go back in and re-apply..

UPDATE: I submitted the application and it states we can modify it up to the vacancy close date so we can add Terre Haute if they ever contact us :)

Reactions: 3 users

I was told all you really need is one invite. Last year, My program mate only received one invite and matched at the site. She subsequently did her postdoc at the same site. Keep your head up!

Reactions: 7 users
The San Diego VA/UCSD ones that went out.... those are not the USD counseling center right? those are like VA affiliated?

Also, rapidly losing my cool over here ... :boom:On the plus side, ive gotten off the "refresh" rollercoaster, on the dark side, i think thats some learned helplessness setting in :dead:

Official Site Name: Hennepin Healthcare
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult track
Offered Interview Dates: 1/7 and 1/11
If & How you're staying sane: Online shopping

Submitted the BOP app. Here's to letting neuroticism go.:xf:

Reactions: 4 users
Official Site Name: Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Neuropsychology
Offered Interview Dates: Monday’s and Friday’s in January
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Vines

Ahh, congratulations! :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this site and specialty.

I am in the same boat. Invited for Tallahassee and waiting to hear back from Terre Haute...not sure what to do :/

Same situation here too! I was wanting to submit today but might wait until Wednesday to see if I hear anything from Terre Haute.

Children's Mercy Kansas City interviewees: Have any of you received an email from them after your phone call invite? They said they'd be sending an email with details but I haven't received anything yet...beginning to think I imagined the whole thing :nailbiting:

Official Site Name: WellSpan Philhaven CBT
Date Invitation Received: 11/19
Method of Invitation: phone call/left a VM
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): n/a
Offered Interview Dates: waiting to hear back
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane
: hosting thanksgiving for 20 people