PhD/PsyD APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 users
They haven’t sent the information yet for me either!
Children's Mercy Kansas City interviewees: Have any of you received an email from them after your phone call invite? They said they'd be sending an email with details but I haven't received anything yet...beginning to think I imagined the whole thing :nailbiting:
hey h

Reactions: 1 user
Official Site Name: Missouri Health Science Psychology Consortium
Date Invitation Received: 11/18/18
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult Neuropsychology
Offered Interview Dates: 1/10, 1/11, 1/17, 1/18
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Buying things I don't need at Target. Baking. Lots of baking.

Just heard from the General/Truman VA track! Same dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Official Site Name: St. Louis Internship Consortium
Date Invitation Received: 11/19
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums):
Offered Interview Dates: 1/11 and 1/18
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: trying not to check my email while in a middle of administering WAIS and WJ

Reactions: 7 users
Official Site Name: St. Louis Internship Consortium
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Offered Interview Dates: 1/11 and 1/18
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: trying not to check my email while in a middle of administering WAIS and WJ
Congrats! Got this one too!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Got this one too!
Awesome! Did you heard back about the date confirmation yet? I emailed back literally one minute after I got the email but still have not heard back. I am worried cause I already have interview in Arkansas on the 11th, so I can only do the 18th :/

Official Site Name: Trinitas Regional Medical Center
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): E-mail
Offered Interview Dates: 12/17, 12/20, 1/3
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane
: Spending time with family; texting with cohort.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This refreshing email / rejection letter process is really testing "coping skills" over here :bang:Baylor should be releasing notices today *** all 10 fingers crossed***
Let me know if you hear anything from Baylor or Nationwide IDD. I have not heard anything.

Official Site Name: Pacific Clinics
Date Invitation Received: 11/19/18
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass e-mail
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult
Offered Interview Dates: 1/16 and 1/22
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Not

Let me know if you hear anything from Baylor or Nationwide IDD. I have not heard anything.

I'd like to hear from Baylor as well (and UCSD), both of which have had two waves of invitations thus far.

Official Site Name: White River Junction VA
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone
Offered Interview Dates: Dec 10, 12, Jan 8
: lots of baking/cooking complicated dishes and Netflix

Reactions: 2 users
the silence has been broken!

Official Site Name: Kennedy Krieger Institute/Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): TBD
Offered Interview Dates: Interview days for each track will be specified in a subsequent email, but offering Mondays through Fridays from 1/4 to 1/30
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Christmas decorating, tea, and spending lots of time with friends :)

Reactions: 5 users

Official Site Name: Kennedy Krieger Institute/Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Offered Interview Dates: Interview days for each track will be specified in a subsequent email, but offering Mondays through Fridays from 1/4 to 1/30
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Christmas decorating, tea, and spending lots of time with friends :)

Congrats!! I just got a rejection from there, haha. First response and first rejection!! Did anyone apply to the Child and Family Trauma Track (the one that is currently non-accredited)? I am wondering if that email will also come tonight or any time soon, or if I should assume my rejection to the behavioral/neuropsychology program also applies to the trauma track.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! I just got a rejection from there, haha. First response and first rejection!! Did anyone apply to the Child and Family Trauma Track (the one that is currently non-accredited)? I am wondering if that email will also come tonight or any time soon, or if I should assume my rejection to the behavioral/neuropsychology program also applies to the trauma track.

Waiting to hear from them re:the trauma track!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats!!! Someone in my cohort got the dates like 2 minutes after the invite email. A few of us are still waiting on dates! The suspense at 9pm is rough!!

Waiting to hear from them re:the trauma track!

Sent from my iPhone using
I just looked at their website again, and there is now a Dec 20th interview notification date listed on there... here's hoping that's inaccurate!

Congrats!!! Someone in my cohort got the dates like 2 minutes after the invite email. A few of us are still waiting on dates! The suspense at 9pm is rough!!

SO rough XD I just got my dates a few minutes ago! I believe individual supervisors are sending them out so it's all happening in waves

For sites that send out invites via the phone, do these sites, historically, make all calls in one day? Or are calls spread out over a few days? Wondering if I can/should mark some off my list. :/

Awesome! Did you heard back about the date confirmation yet? I emailed back literally one minute after I got the email but still have not heard back. I am worried cause I already have interview in Arkansas on the 11th, so I can only do the 18th :/
I haven’t heard back either and also responded pretty much immediately

Official Site Name: Trinitas Regional Medical Center
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): E-mail
Offered Interview Dates: 12/17, 12/20, 1/3
: Spending time with family; texting with cohort.

Congrats! I am waiting on this one. Was it a mass email?

I'm hoping to hear from Boston VA on schedule. Clearly I ended up choosing a lot of sites that wait a substantial amount of time to send invites. Not a fan of the wait.

Official Site Name: New Jersey Veteran Affairs Healthcare System - East Orange campus
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone call
Offered Interview Dates: 12/14

Reactions: 4 users
Official Site Name: Bellevue
Offered Interview Dates: 11/27, 12/10

Reactions: 5 users
And finally, rejection from the Manhattan VA via mass email

Official Site Name: Bellevue
Offered Interview Dates: 11/27, 12/10

Congrats! What track was this for?

I'm hoping to hear from Boston VA on schedule. Clearly I ended up choosing a lot of sites that wait a substantial amount of time to send invites. Not a fan of the wait.

Same. Same. And. Same.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Yay me 2!! - got too excited there forgot to be helpful. The interview dates: Jan 18, 8, 25, 28, 14.

Last edited:
Would anyone who got an interview to UCSF mind sharing if they got an interview to any other track besides the Child Clinical Interventions and Assessment Cluster? Wondering if any other tracks went out. No need to reveal which track you got and feel free to pm, thanks!

Finally received first rejection. Hennepin Healthcare

Same :/ as prepared as I was for it, still feels pretty crummy. Fingers crossed that we both get plenty of good news as well!

Official Site Name: Cherokee Health Systems (#1324)
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 1/4/19, 1/7/19
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: I'm not. But my dog, partner, and Great British Baking Show are helping!

Yay me 2!! - got too excited there forgot to be helpful. The interview dates: Jan 18, 8, 25, 28, 14.
Yayyy congrats!!!
I also got my subsequent email and forgot to be helpful :)

Track(s): ABA, BMC, Peds
Dates: 1/10, 1/15, 1/24

So I’m curious- for the notification dates listed for a site- is that the date they will extend interview offers only (and not rejections too)? Or does that mean they will also send rejections that day? Because one site had yesterday as it’s notification date so i thought I would at least hear something either way but I didn’t. Although it did send out offers yesterday.

So I’m curious- for the notification dates listed for a site- is that the date they will extend interview offers only (and not rejections too)? Or does that mean they will also send rejections that day? Because one site had yesterday as it’s notification date so i thought I would at least hear something either way but I didn’t. Although it did send out offers yesterday.

Per APPIC guidelines, they should be sending both. Not necessarily at the same time, but certainly by the deadline they reported on the APPIC website. It allows people to know their status and plan ahead.

Having said that, 1) I did receive a late email (only by two hours, but still late), and 2) apparently some sites actually do fail to notify properly (for which they can experience consequences).

According to APPIC, Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital is supposed to be sending notifications tomorrow.

Per APPIC guidelines, they should be sending both. Not necessarily at the same time, but certainly by the deadline they reported on the APPIC website. It allows people to know their status and plan ahead.

Having said that, 1) I did receive a late email (only by two hours, but still late), and 2) apparently some sites actually do fail to notify properly (for which they can experience consequences).

Consider it more aspirational in nature. The guidelines say that they should be making reasonable efforts to notify. I've never heard of a program facing consequences for late or no notifications. It's crappy, but this process id a madhouse with lots of moving parts at many places, things fall through the cracks, especially when delegated to admins. APPIC is more concerned about policing the other parts of match policy (solicitation of rank information, sites maintain their eligibility, etc).

Do anyone else's potential interview dates overlap? My sites have quite a few interviews on January 4th, 8th, 22nd, and 24th...

Do anyone else's potential interview dates overlap? My sites have quite a few interviews on January 4th, 8th, 22nd, and 24th...
Yes. I have a few on those same dates and three sites (I only have an interview at 2 of these so far) only offer on the 11th. Its disappointing because I liked all three and would have loved to visit each

edit: 1 minute after posting this 2/3 of the 11th