PhD/PsyD APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received a rejection email from the WJB Dorn VAMC? I saw invitations went out, but I didn't hear back from them either way, so I was not sure what to do.

Members don't see this ad.

These UCSD/VASDHS notifications concern me. They have a wide range of tracks and I haven't received a rejection, but the invitations also don't seem to be specific to the track. So either they are and they just don't care to mention it, or they were sent to the whole group of applicants.

This is my exact concern. I applied to the tracks that are exclusively at Rady, and it's not clear whether those (possibly) mass emails were for those site combinations or not.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received a rejection email from the WJB Dorn VAMC? I saw invitations went out, but I didn't hear back from them either way, so I was not sure what to do.

Sorry I can't help with your inquiry. However, the rejection I received this week from another site was late, so you still might hear something. It's not supposed to work that way but I found out that it does happen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Re the UCSD/VA invites, I applied only to one track (neuro) at UCSD and got an invite so I think they sent the invites to all tracks.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Official Site Name: The Arkansas Division of Behavioral Health Services- Arkansas State Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 11/16
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat):email (i think mass email)
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums):
Offered Interview Dates: December 7, 2018, December 14, 2018, January 4, 2019, January 11, 2019, January 18, 2019
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: cleaning the house while babywearing my 2mo :)
I also received an invite yesterday.

Reactions: 3 users
Official Site Name: Western State Hospital (Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)).
Date Invitation Received: 11/16
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums):
Offered Interview Dates: Open house group interview on January 3rd
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: cleaning the house while babywearing my 2mo :)
Has anyone received a rejection from FCC Terre Haute?
No I haven’t heard anything either! :(

Sending you all good vibes!!!! I was in your shoes last year and believe me, it is an exciting process once you start interviewing! Right now just try to stay in the moment, deal with the joy and disappointments, and keep on swimming. Sending all you BOP applicants lots of luck! ;) If you have questions about the USAJobs application, call that number listed in the email. I found it to be helpful last year!

Reactions: 8 users
This is my exact concern. I applied to the tracks that are exclusively at Rady, and it's not clear whether those (possibly) mass emails were for those site combinations or not.
If it helps, I also only applied to Rady tracks and got an email with the same info as what's posted on the first page. It wasn't a personalized email, so I think it was mass and seems like it went to VA, UCSD, and Rady tracks.

Anyone hear from DC VA? Looks like the past few years they call on the Friday before Thanksgiving.

Anyone hear from DC VA? Looks like the past few years they call on the Friday before Thanksgiving.

Haven’t heard from them either. literally have only heard from 3 sites - 2 rejections and 1 interview at my school’s internal internship. Still waiting on rejections from EVMS, VA Pitt, U of Rochester, and I guess now the DCVA....hey, at least I’m still pretty.

Reactions: 2 users
Haven’t heard from them either. literally have only heard from 3 sites - 2 rejections and 1 interview at my school’s internal internship. Still waiting on rejections from EVMS, VA Pitt, U of Rochester, and I guess now the DCVA....hey, at least I’m still pretty.

And your sense of humor.

That’s about the only thing getting me through this right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Official Site Name: VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
Date Invitation Received: 11/17/18
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 12/17/18, 1/11/19, 1/18/19
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Just maintaining my normal schedule with both work and hobbies :)

Thanks for maintaining the thread this year!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I am confused by sites that have upcoming deadlines (ie 11/18/18) but have already sent out interview invitations via mass email. Is this strange to anyone else? Is it possible they are going out in waves?

I am confused by sites that have upcoming deadlines (ie 11/18/18) but have already sent out interview invitations via mass email. Is this strange to anyone else? Is it possible they are going out in waves?

I assume it's a rolling type of deal where they review them when they come in...this is why I tried to get all of mine in before the deadline knowing that it coud be beneficial to be reviewed early.

Two sites with deadlines next week that I haven't seen posted on here yet. Definitely a better feeling than knowing that a first wave of invitations has gone out. Here's to hoping for the best.

I assume it's a rolling type of deal where they review them when they come in...this is why I tried to get all of mine in before the deadline knowing that it coud be beneficial to be reviewed early.

I understand your point but it’s a bit scary too since applicants who submit by the deadline should be given equal consideration per AAPIC guidelines.

Do you think once DTs meet their invite quota from early applicants that other apps aren’t weighted or viewed with equal regard....?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sorry I can't help with your inquiry. However, the rejection I received this week from another site was late, so you still might hear something. It's not supposed to work that way but I found out that it does happen.

I appreciate it regardless! :) I guess I'll just wait and see.

I understand your point but it’s a bit scary too since applicants who submit by the deadline should be given equal consideration per AAPIC guidelines.

Do you think once DTs meet their invite quota from early applicants that other apps aren’t weighted or viewed

That’s fair, but I asked when some individuals submitted their apps who received an invite from one of the sites I applied to, and they applied after me and have heard back before me. So, I’m not sure if it’s in order necessarily

Reactions: 1 users
Official Site Name: Missouri Health Science Psychology Consortium
Date Invitation Received: 11/18/18
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult Neuropsychology
Offered Interview Dates: 1/10, 1/11, 1/17, 1/18
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Buying things I don't need at Target. Baking. Lots of baking.

Reactions: 9 users
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Buying things I don't need at Target. Baking. Lots of baking.

Congrats!!!! I applied for the health psych track! This gives me hope I might hear soon!

Yay! Was this for UM-DHP or the Truman VA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official Site Name: Texas Children’s Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Clinical Child/Pediatrics
Offered Interview Dates: Monday’s and Friday’s in January
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Is that possible?

Congrats! Did the email specify your track?

Ok this USAJobs app is really confusing. So we just need to upload our APPIC application, a transcript, and enrollment verification? Is everyone filling out the work history of the application completely? And, is anyone submitting an online transcript? It looks like it just needs school name, student name, and degree?

I'm also confused about this application...I uploaded the documents and everything and tried to submit it, but am getting an error and re-directed to USAJobs. Do I need to specify the locations I'm applying to before submitting it/transferring over to the second website? If so, where do I do this? I can't find it in the USAJobs app.

Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Personal email

Congrats! But also, can we just talk about the fact that not even Sundays are safe from notifications?! This is terrifying, y'all. :confused::sour:

Reactions: 10 users
I'm also confused about this application...I uploaded the documents and everything and tried to submit it, but am getting an error and re-directed to USAJobs. Do I need to specify the locations I'm applying to before submitting it/transferring over to the second website? If so, where do I do this? I can't find it in the USAJobs app.
I also get an error message on certain pages; I couldn't even complete the demographic information. I'm submitting tomorrow so I'll let you know if it happens to me too.

Is anyone else getting an error message when they try to move from USA Jobs to the BOP site?

ETA- Oh, just saw it’s happening for others. Let me know if you figure it out!

Official Site Name: Rutgers University Behavioral Healthcare
Date Invitation Received: 11/14/2018
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): phone call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Severe Mental Illness Track
Offered Interview Dates: 12/07/2018, 12/14/2018
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Binge watching The Wire (again)

Congrats! Did you apply to the Adult Track?

Do you think there's still hope? Or do BOP sites send invites at the same time?

I’m not sure what to think. I got rejected by 3 BOP sites: Tallahassee, Lexington, and Petersburg. I see you and others heard back from all of the other BOP sites so I’m guessing a rejection is forthcoming.

I can’t imagine they’d be this behind on notifications since the USAJOBS application has to be completed by 11/23.

The only think I can think of is that maybe we’re in a “maybe” pile if other applicants don’t receive clearance to move forward in the applicant process by HR.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not sure what to think. I got rejected by 3 BOP sites: Tallahassee, Lexington, and Petersburg. I see you and others heard back from all of the other BOP sites so I’m guessing a rejection is forthcoming.

I can’t imagine they’d be this behind on notifications since the USAJOBS application has to be completed by 11/23.

The only think I can think of is that maybe we’re in a “maybe” pile if other applicants don’t receive clearance to move forward in the applicant process by HR.

*thing

Did anyone get a rejection from Baylor? I haven’t heard anything!

I’m hoping I’m in the maybe pile, if there is one. I’m still waiting to hear back from Terre Haute and was surprised I didn’t get a rejection email last Friday since that app is due the 23rd. Maybe tomorrow?

Did anyone get a rejection from Baylor? I haven’t heard anything!

I haven't heard anything either. The notifications reportedly don't specify track. I applied for the Neuro track.

I’m hoping I’m in the maybe pile, if there is one. I’m still waiting to hear back from Terre Haute and was surprised I didn’t get a rejection email last Friday since that app is due the 23rd. Maybe tomorrow?

Hope so for better or worse!

Reactions: 2 users
I applied to TX Children's Clinical Child and have heard nothing -- suppose a rejection, but no email yet.

Hey all, for your information, I just received a mass email rejection from Federal Medical Center Rochester, Bureau of Prisons.

Official Site Name: University of Rochester Medical Center
Date Invitation Received: 11/19/18
Method: mass email
Specialty Track: Adult Track
Offered Interview Dates: 12/5, 12/12, 1/9, 1/16
If & How you’re staying sane: I really don’t know how to answer this one

Reactions: 4 users
Official Site Name: Emory University School of Medicine
Date Invitation Received: 11/19/18
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuropsychology
Offered Interview Dates: 12/14, 1/4, 1/11
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Good joke

Reactions: 7 users
BOP APPLICANTS - QUESTION: I completed the USAJobs app and made it over to the BOP app. At the end, it asks to "attach" the documents carried over from the USAJobs App. However, it only lets you use "other" for ONE document. What do we assign the rest to (like the APPIC match receipt, APPIC application, etc.)?

BOP APPLICANTS - QUESTION: I completed the USAJobs app and made it over to the BOP app. At the end, it asks to "attach" the documents carried over from the USAJobs App. However, it only lets you use "other" for ONE document. What do we assign the rest to (like the APPIC match receipt, APPIC application, etc.)?

I don't know, I can't even get over to the BOP app. It keeps giving me an error message!

I'm still waiting to hear from Terre Haute too! But if they're waiting until after the 23rd to see who they have to eliminate, then how would we submit our application?

This may be off-base as I did not apply to BOP sites. However, you should able to combine the documents and submit as one. I assume they would all probably be PDFs, but if they aren't then you can easily convert them to PDF. To do so, simply print them, and then select the option "Print to PDF." You can then combine them through your PDF software, or, assuming it does not contain confidential information, there are a number of online sites that will combine PDFs for you.

Another BOP question - should we still apply to the BOP sites we didn't hear from yet? I'm about to submit my app for Tallahassee and it asks which sites I want to be considered for. I haven't heard from Terre Haute yet but should I still select it in case? I don't think it lets you go back in and re-apply..