PhD/PsyD APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow that's a lot of sites left!
Yeah, I'm ready to find out haha. 1 interview right away and then four rejections in a row... Fingers crossed for good news! (Or any news... But mostly good news haha)

Sent from my LM-V350 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like they are working in slow motion.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
I feel like UMass is working in slow motion. Like make one call, take a break. Fix lunch. Go on vacation. Have a baby. Then make another call. Etc.

It's confusing to me why sites do phone calls. It must take forever. A mass email to people you want to invite makes so much more sense to me.

Reactions: 3 users
It's confusing to me why sites do phone calls. It must take forever. A mass email to people you want to invite makes so much more sense to me.

it definitely is confusing - to clarify, they called me on 12/5 and left a voicemail, that my phone neglected to tell me about. they called again today, 12/6. so definitely can see how emails are easier as opposed to phone calls

Yea I don't think there are tracks. If there are I didn't specify one in my cover letter..........
I could be wrong. I thought there was a general track and a forensic track.

Reactions: 1 users
Supposed to fly to my first interview on Sunday morning in the middle of a giant stupid snow storm. Want to change my ticket to Saturday but the cost is like buying a whole new flight

Like if I did that it would bring the trip cost to about 700$

edit: Found a one way flight for 49$ for a day earlier - keep in mind one way flights and budget airlines people. Rebooking my itinerary 2 days before the trip was not ideal, but hopefully it all works out!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm ready to find out haha. 1 interview right away and then four rejections in a row... Fingers crossed for good news! (Or any news... But mostly good news haha)

I feel you on that one out of 25 apps 1 interview, 16 rejections and still waiting on 8 more ready for this torture to end.

At this point, I've only heard from 5 out of 14 sites. The last time I received either a rejection or an interview invite was 11/28, which feels like a century ago! I'm so glad I have a bunch of fascinating patients to distract me from all of this for most of the day, but between sessions and at home, I keep checking my dumb email and trying to be super chill.

Sorry to be the bearer of overused memes but...
Memes-About-Stress.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
I feel you on that one out of 25 apps 1 interview, 16 rejections and still waiting on 8 more ready for this torture to end.

Ugh. I'm sorry youre dealing with all that but I'm also kind of grateful i'm not the only one! I hope you get more good news soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At this point, I've only heard from 5 out of 14 sites. The last time I received either a rejection or an interview invite was 11/28, which feels like a century ago! I'm so glad I have a bunch of fascinating patients to distract me from all of this for most of the day, but between sessions and at home, I keep checking my dumb email and trying to be super chill.

View attachment 243579
Ugh and EVERY TIME i get an email i get a flutter of hope and then its just my school or newsletters or something.

Reactions: 4 users
Rejections from California State University Long Beach and University of San Francisco.

The one from USF stated they were impressed with my application and they would contact me if an interview spot opened up. Is this common? I haven’t seen this in any of my rejections yet.

On another note. I’m getting really nervous about matching. I only have two invites at my top two sites (and the two most competitive sites on my list) and somehow eight rejections from all the others sites I’ve heard from so far. I have eight to hear from still but I’ve lost complete confidence in myself :/

Official Site Name: Washington State University CAPS
Date Invitation Received: 12/6/18
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): n/a
Offered Interview Dates: Dec 17-21, Jan 2-4

How about a notice that we are on a waiting list? The waiting list would only be for the top rejected applicants. I would appreciate that. However, if I was not truly going to be on a waiting list, I would prefer to be rejected immediately.

THIS. Yes. 100%

Reactions: 2 users
Ugh. I'm sorry youre dealing with all that but I'm also kind of grateful i'm not the only one! I hope you get more good news soon.

Right there with you guys. Applied to 23 sites. 2 confirmed interviews with one maybe from BOP. 13 rejections. 7 more to go (one of those sites have already sent invites out).

Was hoping to hear from Memphis VA by now after their email update last week, but alas, I think they are probably going to wait until the legitimate end of the week :arghh:

That’s consistently rated as one of the worst VA’s in the country, so not a huge loss

Really? Wow that's both surprising and comforting, since I was also rejected by them. Where did you find this rating, just out of curiosity?

Montefiore definitely sent invites on at least two days last year, I had to double-check to ensure I saw it accurately the first time. One day was Child/Adolescent and the next was Adult (assuming this wasn't a coincidence and that tracks are actually completed separately). They also have a Combined track I but am not sure what happened with that one. Then rejections a couple days later. Not to mention the possibility of doing things differently this year. Hopefully we all hear one way or another within the next couple days.

I've spoke to a couple of y'all, but just curious- who here is in school psych and/or has applied to a bunch of school based sites? Just wondering how represented we are on here!

School Psych here...but applied to mostly clinical sites (all very School Psych friendly of course) and a few school sites here and there to be safe.

School Psych here...but applied to mostly clinical sites (all very School Psych friendly of course) and a few school sites here and there to be safe.

Same! I applied to a healthy mix of school, clinical, and community based sites. Really not loving that the school sites take the longesttttttt to get back to us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Official Site Name: Northern Arizona VA Health Care System
Date Invitation Received: 12/6
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): na
Offered Interview Dates: 1/4, 1/18
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane
: Warhammer:Total War 2

Reactions: 5 users
Official Site Name: Centerstone Consortium
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Trauma Services and Hospital Generalist (I think..can't remember)
Offered Interview Dates: 1/3, 1/11, 1/17, 1/25, 1/31

Reactions: 6 users
Email rejection from Texas Children's Hospital/BCM. Figured this one was coming.

Official Site Name: Pacific Psychology and Comprehensive Health Clinics
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult Track at Pacific University's School of Graduate Psychology
Offered Interview Dates: 1/11 & 1/18

Reactions: 11 users
Any word from Virginia Treatment Center for Children? I think their notification date is tomorrow...?

Anyone hear from Johns Hopkins All Children? I thought I saw a couple of rejections that went out but haven’t heard from them yet...

View attachment 243579

I’m in the same boat, heard from 4 out of 19 sites and nothing since 11/30.

Anyone hear from Johns Hopkins All Children? I thought I saw a couple of rejections that went out but haven’t heard from them yet...

I'm also waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully we will hear something soon!

Virginia Commonwealth University, Student Counseling Services
Mass Email on 12/06
In person or phone/Skype
Several interview days in January

ALSO, I don’t know the details but my friend received an interview invite from George Mason University Counseling Center

Official Site Name: Montana VA
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): health psychology
Offered Interview Dates: 1/9, 1/10
: cruising on the high of my first interview I had today, which went super well!

Reactions: 10 users
Received a rejection from UC Davis Infant Mental Health track accompanied by an offer to interview for the CAARE Center track, even though I didn’t apply to that track. Interview dates are 1/14 and 1/15 for CAARE Center track.

Reactions: 5 users

Also school psych! Applied to 21 sites, but definitely didn't play to my strengths- feeling some regret.

Ok i’m officially obsessively checking, like a diagnosable amount lol - at least according to my iphone screen time app
IMG_6626.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 14 users
Official Site Name: Southern Arizona VA Healthcare System
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): track specific email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): General track
Offered Interview Dates: 12/21, 1/4, 1/7, 1/14 (half day interviews)
: Cats and lots of sugar

Official Site Name: Montana VA
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): health psychology
Offered Interview Dates: 1/9, 1/10
: cruising on the high of my first interview I had today, which went super well!

Congrats!! Did Montana have specific tracks? My notes don't say anything about that. But I'm assuming they just sent out all of their invites, which means I didn't get one :(

Congrats!! Did Montana have specific tracks? My notes don't say anything about that. But I'm assuming they just sent out all of their invites, which means I didn't get one :(

They’ve all blurred together for me at this point, I just know everything I did is health psych haha but I know I applied for health psych rotations...so maybe it’s not a track but the specific rotations I applied for are health psych.

They’ve all blurred together for me at this point, I just know everything I did is health psych haha but I know I applied for health psych rotations...so maybe it’s not a track but the specific rotations I applied for are health psych.

understandable. When did they email you, if you don't mind me asking?

Has someone interviewed at Community Healthlink? I believe someone said they had and I am wondering how the interview process went. I have mine coming up and I am excited and nervous!

I interviewed there on Wednesday. It was a (surprisingly ) pleasant process and everyone was very friendly/welcoming.