PhD/PsyD APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else feeling stressed by the fact that, when/if we match, we can't just relax but then we have to start looking for a place to live and all the other moving logistics (possibly across the country too!)?

I am feeling very excited by that! I’ve lived with my parents for the last four years of school & I’m so ready to find my own place and carve out a space in a new city!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Y'all, pase lo que pase; your algorithm came back weeks ago and stressin' won't change anything. Take some time to relax, grab a few drinks, and make a few irresponsible decisions (as long as they don't impact your future ability to get a license). Tomorrow is your first day toward becoming a fully functioning psychologist.

If tomorrow is the first day I’m curious WTF I’ve been up to the last 4 years. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else feeling stressed by the fact that, when/if we match, we can't just relax but then we have to start looking for a place to live and all the other moving logistics (possibly across the country too!)?

Yep, me. This is the first time I’ve regretted not going straight through to get my doctorate. Way more logistics now that I have a kid, husband, house, and community where I am. :(

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, me. This is the first time I’ve regretted not going straight through to get my doctorate. Way more logistics now that I have a kid, husband, house, and community where I am. :(

As someone who went though this last year with a wife and two kiddos, I definitely get the stress of moving to a new place! AND it’s also a super cool opportunity to meet new people and create new connections and communities. There are so many logistics involved though, I agree. If you ever want someone to talk to about it all, shoot me a message :)

Reactions: 2 users
As someone who went though this last year with a wife and two kiddos, I definitely get the stress of moving to a new place! AND it’s also a super cool opportunity to meet new people and create new connections and communities. There are so many logistics involved though, I agree. If you ever want someone to talk to about it all, shoot me a message :)

I really appreciate that! I just keep telling myself it’s only one year!

I had a home, a dog, and a kid when I went on internship. I won't lie, being away from my daughter was the most difficult thing ever. But I did it and it's over and she seemed to handle it well, way better than I did!

Y'all, pase lo que pase; your algorithm came back weeks ago and stressin' won't change anything. Take some time to relax, grab a few drinks, and make a few irresponsible decisions (as long as they don't impact your future ability to get a license). Tomorrow is your first day toward becoming a fully functioning psychologist.
If not stressing about it was as easy as just deciding not to, what even jobs would we all be stressing about getting right now!

I’m just happy my husband was able to work out with his employer to start working from home when we move so it’s huge relief i’ll have him and my baby girl coming with me, but not looking forward to having to rebuild a social network. It’s so hard making friends as a busy adult :(

I’m just happy my husband was able to work out with his employer to start working from home when we move so it’s huge relief i’ll have him and my baby girl coming with me, but not looking forward to having to rebuild a social network. It’s so hard making friends as a busy adult :(

I recommend Peanut —its an all for making mom friends! I jokingly call it Tinder for moms

IMG_8216.JPG

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My phone just asked me if I wanted an auto update overnight. I never hit cancel so fast!! Can’t even chance it haha

I had a home, a dog, and a kid when I went on internship. I won't lie, being away from my daughter was the most difficult thing ever. But I did it and it's over and she seemed to handle it well, way better than I did!

I’m sure the changes will be easier on my daughter than me!

So, can they technically email us anytime after midnight?!

Thinking of various storylines to call out of practicum tomorrow, lol. Having prac on match day feels sacrilegious. But they all know it's match day so my story has to be really good lol...
what is the karmic trade-off for blaming it on one of your kids?

Reactions: 1 users
Thinking of various storylines to call out of practicum tomorrow, lol. Having prac on match day feels sacrilegious. But they all know it's match day so my story has to be really good lol...

You have to be available from 11 to 1pm for the TD call, can that be your reason?

Guess I'll try to sleep now, huh. Godspeed, everybody.

I honestly took the day off like two months ago. Regardless of the outcome, there's no way I'd be able to focus at externship tomorrow.

Six-sevenish hours left!

I have practicum on Tuesday and Thursday, otherwise I would have taken the day off

Good Luck everyone! I hope everyone gets their first choice!

Just had my last "Didn't Match" dream. Feels good to say that in a weird way!

Good luck to everyone here. I don't post here regularly but I have benefited tremendously from the support and humor of this community. May you all find great matches!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
MOOD:

200.gif

I am Mama Oprah (as always) and Stedman is my last few ounces of sanity holding me in comfort as I wait with bated breath

Reactions: 5 users
Ugh slept for like 4 hours last night, absolutely have the flexibility in my schedule to sleep in, and absolutely can’t do it. So nervous.

Reactions: 3 users
Joining the “slept terribly” club! I was tossing and turning all night and also had a dream in which I matched to a site that didn’t exist ? Now it’s the email game!

Reactions: 6 users
Joining the “slept terribly” club! I was tossing and turning all night and also had a dream in which I matched to a site that didn’t exist ? Now it’s the email game!

Hahhaa me too!! But then it turned out it was like a junk email promoting that site in very poor taste lol

Just got the email - matched at my #1!!!!

Reactions: 7 users