APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2020)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection from Tulane - Adult Forensic track, sick

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard anything from or about Coatesville VA? Notification date was yesterday and I haven’t seen/heard anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from North Bronx Health Network - Jacobi Medical Center? Today is the notification deadline.

I applied to both sites (North Central Bronx as well), but am taking that one as a rejection as it looks like they already sent out invites.

Has anyone heard from (invitations or rejections) Vanderbilt University Medical Center Internship in Professional Psychology? Specifically, the Child and Adolescent track with rotations at the Vanderbilt Mental Health Center and Vanderbilt Center of Excellence for Children in State Custody?

I thought I saw people post about this site awhile but wasn’t sure if it was a different track!
I'm still waiting and am also perplexed about why they'd wait so long with such early dates. I've seen a number of folks say they haven't gotten a response either way yet for this track specifically and haven't seen someone from this track report a notification. Hopefully we'll hear soon!

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone that applied to Charleston Area Medical Center/WVU, what have you done about the “visit day request” process? Are you waiting to hear from the TD or are you contacting them to express interest in visiting prior to hearing about the status of your application?

For those that didn’t apply and are reading this, does anyone have any thoughts based on the following info? The website includes the following info under the “Visiting Our Program” section:

“After your application is complete, you may wish to schedule a visit. It is important to note that a visit is not necessary… [some info about the cost of travel and evaluating applicants solely on basis of app materials]… Many applicants still request a visit, but unfortunately not everyone can be scheduled. Three visit days are scheduled in 2020 at this time: January 3rd, January 10th, and January 17th. A small group will visit each of these days.

If you are interested in visiting on one of these days, please contact me. Visit requests will be reviewed by the internship committee in terms of general goodness of fit between the applicant and our program. If a visit cannot be arranged, please remember that applicants are not “invited” per se on the basis of strength of application. Rather, we try to meet requests for visits, knowing applicants may want to see the setting where they might spend a training year.”

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone who was invited to interview at the Salt Lake City VA heard back about their request for the Open House/video interview? The TD said it would be "end of day on 11/26, 11/27, and 12/2." Thanks!

For anyone that applied to Charleston Area Medical Center/WVU, what have you done about the “visit day request” process? Are you waiting to hear from the TD or are you contacting them to express interest in visiting prior to hearing about the status of your application?

For those that didn’t apply and are reading this, does anyone have any thoughts based on the following info? The website includes the following info under the “Visiting Our Program” section:

“After your application is complete, you may wish to schedule a visit. It is important to note that a visit is not necessary… [some info about the cost of travel and evaluating applicants solely on basis of app materials]… Many applicants still request a visit, but unfortunately not everyone can be scheduled. Three visit days are scheduled in 2020 at this time: January 3rd, January 10th, and January 17th. A small group will visit each of these days.

If you are interested in visiting on one of these days, please contact me. Visit requests will be reviewed by the internship committee in terms of general goodness of fit between the applicant and our program. If a visit cannot be arranged, please remember that applicants are not “invited” per se on the basis of strength of application. Rather, we try to meet requests for visits, knowing applicants may want to see the setting where they might spend a training year.”

Thanks in advance!
I contacted TD after submitting my application and asked for a visit. He said that they will be reviewing requests for visits after the deadline has passed. I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't expect for them to contact you and go ahead and ask for a visit day if you want to visit. I also know that they do genuinely rank people based on their application who have not interviewed.

Reactions: 2 users
Pace Counseling Center - rejected. Three in a row today. Brutal

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Official Site Name: Texas A&M CAPS
Date Invitation Received: 12/2
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: In person open house -3 days in January and possibly Zoom interviews in December and January (more information will be provided through email)

Reactions: 7 users
I contacted TD after submitting my application and asked for a visit. He said that they will be reviewing requests for visits after the deadline has passed. I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't expect for them to contact you and go ahead and ask for a visit day if you want to visit. I also know that they do genuinely rank people based on their application who have not interviewed.
Yes, this. I have a friend who interned there. He recommended the on-site visit but matched with just a phone interview (and it was his top choice).

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from the Danielsen Institute and Temple University?

Reactions: 1 user
Still radio silence from USC. Anyone heard anything?

Also has anyone received an invite/rejection from Lucile Packard? I saw someone earlier in the thread say they received an invite but I haven't heard anything yet. The suspense is killing me! I don't think their notification date has passed, but odd that some folks hear early and others not until later.

Also has anyone received an invite/rejection from Lucile Packard? I saw someone earlier in the thread say they received an invite but I haven't heard anything yet. The suspense is killing me! I don't think their notification date has passed, but odd that some folks hear early and others not until later.
I have not heard from USC...

For those who are waiting to hear from USC Counseling and Mental Health, a cohort member just informed me they sent out an email on 11/19 stating that they changed their interview notification date to 12/23 and their open house date will be on 01/31.

• Sad

I received an email from USC CMHS stating that have changed their dates and interview notifications will go out end of the day on December 23rd (argh) and they will be having an open house on Friday, January 31, 2020. I don't know anything about the USC School of Medicine site, however.

• Sad
I received an email from USC CMHS stating that have changed their dates and interview notifications will go out end of the day on December 23rd (argh) and they will be having an open house on Friday, January 31, 2020. I don't know anything about the USC School of Medicine site, however.
Thank you for clarifying! I was referring to USC/CHLA not the CMHS program but argghh to date changes in general! Hopefully we hear soon!

For those who are waiting to hear from USC Counseling and Mental Health, a cohort member just informed me they sent out an email on 11/19 stating that they changed their interview notification date to 12/23 and their open house date will be on 01/31.

Thank you for that! I’m not sure what others are waiting on, but I believe this site is different than the USC Children’s Hospital of LA. That’s the one to which I was referring earlier, with the notification date of 12/2. I appreciate all of the support on this thread!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
Official Site Name: Texas A&M CAPS
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone
Offered Interview Dates: In person open house -3 days in January and possibly Zoom interviews in December and January (more information will be provided through email)

I applied here as well and still waiting to hear back feeling the anxiety! however, congrats on your interview!!!

Finally an interview!

Official Site Name: El Paso Psychology Internship Consortium
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): email and then phone call to set up interview date.
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): UTEP CAPS
Offered Interview Dates: via videoconference; 1/14

rejected from UMAS (University of Arkansas Medical Sciences) on 11/8

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Also, I heard that it’s pretty important to contact the TD regardless and closely follow the instructions on their website. If you can’t make their interview dates, I think they ask you to contact the TD and a faculty within your area in the same email. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Has anyone heard back from North Bronx Health Network - Jacobi Medical Center? Today is the notification deadline.

I applied to both sites (North Central Bronx as well), but am taking that one as a rejection as it looks like they already sent out invites.

I also applied to Jacobi and haven’t heard either way. But, I do know someone who was offered an interview over a week ago, so I’m probably counting it as a rejection, unfortunately.

I haven't heard anything. No one on here has mentioned it either.
I triple checked that I hadn’t missed a post on this thread, but was kinda hoping I missed something elsewhere like the notification date changing or who knows... Been driving myself mad with compulsive email checking thinking they had to follow up today after missing yesterday’s deadline :lol: well that plan didn’t pan out.

I did not receive any emails. I guess I'm out :(

Official Site Name: George Fox Integrated Care Internship
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): email
Offered Interview Dates: via videoconference; 1/6

Reactions: 5 users
Official Site Name: Texas A&M University CAPS
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): phone call
Offered Interview Dates: 1/6, 1/8, 1/10

Official Site Name: The Children's Center
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass Email
Offered Interview Dates:1/17

Thank you for that! I’m not sure what others are waiting on, but I believe this site is different than the USC Children’s Hospital of LA. That’s the one to which I was referring earlier, with the notification date of 12/2. I appreciate all of the support on this thread!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you heard from them? USC Children's hospital.

Also, I heard that it’s pretty important to contact the TD regardless and closely follow the instructions on their website. If you can’t make their interview dates, I think they ask you to contact the TD and a faculty within your area in the same email. Good luck everyone!

I adore your name ♥️ thank you for this

Wow, it's been a busy day for a lot of people! I haven't heard anything all day! Congrats to those who received interviews, and to those who didn't get that interview you really wanted, hang in there! We all got this! :love:

Reactions: 11 users
Anyone hear from or still waiting on Trinitas Regional Medical Center? Haven't seen any news on here, but I know invites went out mid November last year. Seems odd to have such a shift...

Official Site Name: Florida Atlantic University
Date Invitation Received: 11/26
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Latinx Mental Health Training Focus with Bilingual Therapy Training
Offered Interview Dates: In-person dates 12/16-12/18 ; Video dates 1/7-1/10
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane
: puppies, traveling, avoiding my dissertation

Dang. George Fox Integrated Care Internship Rejection. Oh lawd. I suck lol ok MOVING ON

• Sad
  • Haha
ok Tamales and wine for dinner cause ummmm I thought doing this the FIRST time was bad enough.

I'm still waiting and am also perplexed about why they'd wait so long with such early dates. I've seen a number of folks say they haven't gotten a response either way yet for this track specifically and haven't seen someone from this track report a notification. Hopefully we'll hear soon!

I know someone who got an interview at VUMC-IPP for the child track - but who knows if that means anything. The lack of uniform notifications even within the same dang site are taking years off my life lol.

For those who heard back from Rogers Behavioral Health today, did anyone apply to the Anxiety/OCD track? Or did you apply for the child track? Just wondering, it’s been radio silence over here :) thanks guys!

Finally an interview!

Official Site Name: El Paso Psychology Internship Consortium
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): email and then phone call to set up interview date.
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): UTEP CAPS
Offered Interview Dates: via videoconference; 1/14

rejected from UMAS (University of Arkansas Medical Sciences) on 11/8

Congrats! I applied there as well (a different track) but haven't heard back yet.

Last edited: