Nov 20, 2019
Status
MD/PhD Student
Anyone hear from or still waiting on Trinitas Regional Medical Center? Haven't seen any news on here, but I know invites went out mid November last year. Seems odd to have such a shift...

Dec 2, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
Official Site Name: Florida Atlantic University
Date Invitation Received: 11/26
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Latinx Mental Health Training Focus with Bilingual Therapy Training
Offered Interview Dates: In-person dates 12/16-12/18 ; Video dates 1/7-1/10
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane
: puppies, traveling, avoiding my dissertation

About the Ads

parametric

2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2014
I'm still waiting and am also perplexed about why they'd wait so long with such early dates. I've seen a number of folks say they haven't gotten a response either way yet for this track specifically and haven't seen someone from this track report a notification. Hopefully we'll hear soon!
I know someone who got an interview at VUMC-IPP for the child track - but who knows if that means anything. The lack of uniform notifications even within the same dang site are taking years off my life lol.

Nov 13, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
For those who heard back from Rogers Behavioral Health today, did anyone apply to the Anxiety/OCD track? Or did you apply for the child track? Just wondering, it’s been radio silence over here :) thanks guys!

Reactions: modestmousktr
Nov 8, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
Finally an interview!

Official Site Name: El Paso Psychology Internship Consortium
Date Invitation Received: 12/2
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): email and then phone call to set up interview date.
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): UTEP CAPS
Offered Interview Dates: via videoconference; 1/14

rejected from UMAS (University of Arkansas Medical Sciences) on 11/8
Congrats! I applied there as well (a different track) but haven't heard back yet.

Last edited:
About the Ads
Dec 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Psychology
I know someone who got an interview at VUMC-IPP for the child track - but who knows if that means anything. The lack of uniform notifications even within the same dang site are taking years off my life lol.
Lol no kidding. Thanks! That's *super* helpful to know! Given that, I'll officially move this one into my "technically still possible but deeply unlikely" pile :)

Nov 27, 2019
Lol no kidding. Thanks! That's *super* helpful to know! Given that, I'll officially move this one into my "technically still possible but deeply unlikely" pile :)
Ugh, I HATE that pile!

We've got this, everyone! Worst case scenario, at least we now all have access to a bunch of psychologists to treat us for whatever clinically significant disorder we end up developing!

affectiveH3art

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Psychology Student
I didn't know that was a San Diego thing LOL Too bad I don't like sweets as I would cheers to you with a twinkie. But hey the tamales were bomb...I did make them LOL

Reactions: neurocog

icyz

2+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2015
Status
Psychology Student
speaking of twinkies and tamales etc etc...... anyone else gaining hella weight?

trying to be body positive, and loving and compassionate to myself, but y'all know it's difficult, especially during this stressful period.
Yes!!!! Doesn’t help that it is also the holiday season and there are cookies and pies everywhere.

Nov 24, 2019
Status
Pre-Psychology
Official Site Name: LIJ-Zucker Hillside Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 12/2
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult
Offered Interview Dates: 12/12, 12/16

OP
G

Grenth

Clinical Psychology PhD Student
2+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2015
Status
Psychology Student
Hello fellow refreshers. I hope your Monday was filled with good notifications and not just endless Cyber Monday ads.

Here are the DMs from today.
*Please note the sites listed below were sent to me to post by users who wish to remain anonymous and are not my invite/rejections/information:

Official Site Name: El Paso VA Healthcare System
Date Invitation Received: 12/2/19
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 1/10, 1/17, or 1/24. Telephone/video interview or in-person

Official Site Name: Metropolitan Detention Center - Los Angeles (MDC-LA)
Date Invitation Received: 11/12
Met
hod of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: Pending USAJobs application
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: My dog, Disney+, Jane Austen, and a lot of positive self-talk

Official Site Name: Pace University Counseling Center
Date Invitation Received: 12/1
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums):
Offered Interview Dates: 12/16, 12/17, 1/6, 1/7
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: not staying sane, fully insane

About the Ads
Nov 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Psychology
Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard from Ann Arbor VA for anything other than Womens Health? I applied to multiple tracks there because i had sincere interest in three of them and have heard nothing.

Dec 13, 2018
Official Site Name: Miami VA
Date Invitation Received: 12/3
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Nueropsychology
Offered Interview Dates: 1/17; 1/23; 1/24
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane
: cherishing the fact that I defend my project today! wish me luck gang

Nov 20, 2019
Status
Pre-Psychology
Any thoughts on how long to wait to email a site after their notification deadline has passed and you have not heard back from them? I believe people in past threads have suggested you can reach out the day after this deadline, but that seems a bit soon to me. Thoughts?
Personally, I'm not planning to contact any of my sites regarding interview notification. If they want to interview me, they'll contact me. I'm sure they have enough on their plate and I think an email from an applicant could look anxious and needy, not a good sign if I'm still in the "maybe" pile. Just my opinion though.

anonymousrae

7+ Year Member
May 26, 2011
Status
Psychology Student
Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard from Ann Arbor VA for anything other than Womens Health? I applied to multiple tracks there because i had sincere interest in three of them and have heard nothing.
I heard from the Ann Arbor VA, but they did not specify what track I was being considered for in the email. I applied to multiple tracks, including Women's Mental Health.

Check spam! and/or quarantine if you use Office365.

Last edited:
Reactions: shayf1089
Dec 2, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
Official Site Name: University of Central Florida
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): NA
Offered Interview Dates: 12/9-12/20
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: puppies, traveling, avoiding my dissertation

psycho1391

Clinical Psychology Ph.D. Candidate
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2014
Status
Psychology Student
One of my program mates has an interview. I forgot what tracks she applied to though.

Reactions: shayf1089
Nov 26, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
Personally, I'm not planning to contact any of my sites regarding interview notification. If they want to interview me, they'll contact me. I'm sure they have enough on their plate and I think an email from an applicant could look anxious and needy, not a good sign if I'm still in the "maybe" pile. Just my opinion though.
Makes sense to me. I’ll most likely refrain from reaching out, though it is tempting.

Reactions: modestmousktr
Dec 2, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
I totally agree with this statement. They will contact people they want to interview.

About the Ads
Nov 22, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
Anyone hear from OU’s Health Consortium (university counseling center)? The deadline was yesterday but haven’t heard anything from them.

str63

2+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2014
Status
Psychologist
Any thoughts on how long to wait to email a site after their notification deadline has passed and you have not heard back from them? I believe people in past threads have suggested you can reach out the day after this deadline, but that seems a bit soon to me. Thoughts?
Feel free to email the day after their notification deadline has passed (as long as the date is consistent on APPIC and on their brochure/website - or use the later of the two dates) and you've checked your spam. In recent years, we actually had someone who's email was misspelled who was invited for an interview and I was contacted by her to inquire about her status. I'm sure we would've eventually realized this, but we appreciated her being proactive.

Nov 21, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
Phew, be sure to check your spam folders! Checked this morning and found this:

Official Site Name: West Palm Beach VA
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): General
Offered Interview Dates: 1/13, 1/15, 1/22

NeuroFLAIR

Doctoral Candidate, Clinical Psychology/Neuro
Aug 3, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
I have a feeling there's a rejection from RMR VA coming today. I coincidentally received a spam call from the same area/area code this morning - almost seemed conspiratorial.

NeuroFLAIR

Aug 3, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
The director for neuropsychology at Denver Health viewed my LinkedIn profile yesterday...that kind of got me alerted lol.
Well that's a good sign, right? I did not apply to that site but it looks like a great one. I feel like there are probably sites out there that want to see what the internet has to say about applicants - especially social media and such.

Nov 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Psychology
I saw a couple of rejections posted from Orlando VA... I applied there and havent heard anything. Anyone hear positive news from them yet!?

Feb 18, 2015
Status
Psychology Student
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Corporal Michael J. Crescenz VA in Philly? Apparently their interview notification date was yesterday and some have posted rejections and interview invites, but I haven't heard anything.

NeuroFLAIR

Aug 3, 2019
Status
Psychology Student
I saw a couple of rejections posted from Orlando VA... I applied there and havent heard anything. Anyone hear positive news from them yet!?
I wasn't the one to receive the invitation, but I have noted the following: Orlando VA Medical Center (12/02, Mass Email, General, 01/03, 01/10). If rejections have been posted, I would imagine that not hearing anything yet is a positive sign.

About the Ads