APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2020)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear from Patton yet? They notified on the 30th of November last year.
Not yet. Last year Thanksgiving was a week earlier (11/22) so a week after Thanksgiving would still be a similar time frame.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from The School at Columbia U. (Child Study) or the Kennedy Krieger Institute/Johns Hopkins Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress/Psychiatric Mental Health?

I also applied to UNC SOM - Child and haven't heard. Feels VERY late.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center or Denver Health, child/adolescent and peds tracks?

University of New Mexico Health Science Center notification date is today.... :p

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from The School at Columbia U. (Child Study) or the Kennedy Krieger Institute/Johns Hopkins Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress/Psychiatric Mental Health?

I haven't heard from The School yet. Interview notification date is listed as 12/13. Hoping we hear back soon! Sending positivity your way :)

Not yet. Last year Thanksgiving was a week earlier (11/22) so a week after Thanksgiving would still be a similar time frame.
I am at Patton for practicum this year and I don’t think they have notified yet. I will ask around!

Reactions: 2 users
I am at Patton for practicum this year and I don’t think they have notified yet. I will ask around!
Oooo keep us posted! This is one of my top sites on paper and I'm very anxiously awaiting word!!

Still waiting on UNC SOM child too. And by "waiting" I of course mean staring at my inbox trying to summon an interview invite

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I haven’t heard from Kennedy Krieger Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress yet!

I haven't heard from The School yet. Interview notification date is listed as 12/13. Hoping we hear back soon! Sending positivity your way :)
Haven’t heard fro

I haven’t heard from Kennedy Krieger - CFTS

Has anyone heard from Nova Southeastern Universit/Psychology Services Center?

Official Site Name: Ohio Psychology Internship
Date Invitation Received: 12/3
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital
Offered Interview Dates: 1/16

Reactions: 3 users
Two people in my program received invitations for Kennedy Krieger Center on 11/19. I believe, but not 100%, for child track.
The KKI that they were referring to is a different program than the one that sent invites last month. It’s definitely confusing with the overlap in names.

CU Boulder CAPS - mass rejection email addressed to 'dear applicant'

• Sad
Got Rejected today by Federal Medical Center in Fort Worth, Texas

• Sad
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Rejection.

• Sad
Rejection from Johns Hopkins University Counseling Center by mass email.

Oh well! You win some, you lose some.

• Sad
Rejection from Johns Hopkins University Counseling Center by mass email.

Oh well! You win some, you lose some.

I've won 3 and lost 16, I think we need to come up with a new catchphrase. :)

• Haha
Rejection from South Arizona (Tucson) VA.

That one was a punch in the gut.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Same. It's super anxiety provoking, especially seeing that people have already gotten invitations from a lot of my sites.
It really does seem to be coming in waves though, my colleague got an invite today from a site that sent a wave early Nov!

Official Site Name: Brattleboro Retreat
Date Invitation Received: 12/3/19
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 01/03, 01/10

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard from University of Massachusetts? It's past their notification deadline, not that that means anything -__-
If you're talking about U Mass Medical/WRC, the notification date is 12/15.

Oh lovely...I didn't hear about anything for ped neuro for this site..I only saw the child track
I was invited for a different track the same day, but maybe they are not done sending invites!

I don’t think it’s a good sign if we haven't heard yet and deadline is tomorrow. Also, it is an extremely long shot for me. But I just want to hear back and move on.
Yesterday was the deadline for two sites and I got one interview and one rejection, so I think it varies by site.

Official Site Name: Friends Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 12/3/19
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email with interview rsvp link
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adult Track
Offered Interview Dates: Interview date and time provided to you, rsvp link provided in email. 12/16

Reactions: 6 users
Emailed UMass - they have already completed interviews.

• Wow
  • Angry
USAJobs for BOP positions posted on their website whether or not you obtained "best qualified" needed to move on!! I just checked my profile so definitely jump on there to see! Good luck everyone. I applied to MDC-LA and Terminal Island but I don't think Terminal Island has announced anything yet (super annoying).