APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2020)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten rejections from Asheville, Hampton, and Salisbury VA's? I saw people got interviews but I haven't heard anything either way.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm nervous with just my 2 interviews so far, still have sites to hear back from. But knowing the stats when it comes to matching is making me worrisome.
I know a number of people who matched with 1 or 2 interviews, so try not to worry too much! It's more about the fit than the number of interviews. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah still have 7 more sites to hear from, I added some seemingly less competitive sites to list once I got mostly no's for interviews. I don't need many, even one more interview would help!
Yes, definitely! It seems like that 2nd tier of 3-4 interviews boosts the odds of getting placed. And people also match with 1-2 sites, so who knows!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone hear back from University of Oregon or University of Texas at Austin CAPS?

I also applied to UT Austin, and their notification deadline is not till the 15th. Even though I feel the dates can be arbitrary numbers, just to make us feel better lol, they probably won't reach out till at least Thursday, I imagine. Good luck!!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think there are tracks!
I don't think so either but I also have not heard back yet. Counting it as a rejection based on my recent rejection frenzy but also maybe still holding onto some hope. We will see

Yes, definitely! It seems like that 2nd tier of 3-4 interviews boosts the odds of getting placed. And people also match with 1-2 sites, so who knows!

Last year at my program we had one person who had 10 interviews and did not place in Match I and someone who had 1 interview but ended up matching. I understand the stats but know that all you need is one :).

Reactions: 4 users
Last year at my program we had one person who had 10 interviews and did not place in Match I and someone who had 1 interview but ended up matching. I understand the stats but know that all you need is one :).

Wow! That helps put things into perspective.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think so either but I also have not heard back yet. Counting it as a rejection based on my recent rejection frenzy but also maybe still holding onto some hope. We will see
You are right! I meant for California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC). Scattered brain...

Anyone heard of Orlando VA? I was not worried about it until I saw that they were added to the main list. However, all I have seen is indirect posts about it aka 'I heard from someone'.

#JustNervous

Official Site Name: Orlando VAMC
Date Invitation Received: 12/2
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): General
Offered Interview Dates: 01/03, 01/10

did anyone who got that letter from napa state hospital confirming passage of an exam get any further clarity if that is just automatic regardless of interview or not?

Does anyone know if it's uncommon or not for students from the same program to get matched to the same site?
It happens. Two people from the same cohort in my program ended up at a hospital together.

Anyone heard from National Psychology Training Consortium, Central Region? They were suppose to notify today, but they extended their deadline so I am not sure if it was pushed back.
Same! Has anyone heard from the National Psychology Training Consortium Great Lakes Region or Cascades Region?

Last edited:
New to the feed: Has anyone heard from FMC-Lexington? I thought their notification was due today, but I still haven't heard anything

Same! Has anyone heard from the National Psychology Training Consortium Great Lakes Region or Cascades Region?
Cascade Region is having issues and are behind on notifications. I know a colleague who received an email referring to an attached letter with no attachments - they were notified that they're working to fix it.

All the following are university counseling centers:

Official Site Name: Texas Tech University
Date Invitation received: 12/3/19
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 12/16, 1/6, 1/10

Official Site Name: Texas State University
Date Invitation received: 12/2/19
Offered Interview Dates: 12/16 & 1/10 for in-person, 12/7, 1/9, 1/14, 1/15 for phone

Official Site Name: Florida Atlantic University
Date Invitation received: 11/26/19
Offered Interview Dates: 12/16, 12/17, 12/18 for in-person, 1/7, 1/8, 1/9, 1/10 for Zoom

Official Site Name: University of Akron
Offered Interview Dates: 12/10, 12/11, 12/12, 12/13 for Zoom, 12/16-12/20 & 1/6-1/10 for in-person

Official Site Name: Ohio State University
Date Invitation received: 12/5/19
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): phone call with follow up email
Offered Interview Dates: 12/18, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/27

Official Site Name: New Mexico State University
Date Invitation received: 12/6/19
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): phone call with follow up email
Offered Interview Dates: varies in Jan

Official Site Name: Appalachian State University
Date Invitation received: 12/9/19

Official Site Name: Baylor University

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Official Site Name: Texas Tech University
Offered Interview Dates: 12/16, 1/6, 1/10

Official Site Name: Texas State University
Date Invitation received: 12/2/19
Offered Interview Dates: 12/16 & 1/10 for in-person, 12/7, 1/9, 1/14, 1/15 for phone

Official Site Name: Florida Atlantic University
Date Invitation received: 11/26/19
Offered Interview Dates: 12/16, 12/17, 12/18 for in-person, 1/7, 1/8, 1/9, 1/10 for Zoom

Official Site Name: University of Akron
Offered Interview Dates: 12/10, 12/11, 12/12, 12/13 for Zoom, 12/16-12/20 & 1/6-1/10 for in-person

Official Site Name: Ohio State University
Date Invitation received: 12/5/19
Offered Interview Dates: 12/18, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/27

Official Site Name: New Mexico State University
Date Invitation received: 12/6/19

Official Site Name: Appalachian State University

Official Site Name: Baylor University

Was Baylor the UCC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that an invite? If you don’t mind sharing
Yes it was an invite! I received an offer over a week after a colleague of mine, so it seems like they may still be reviewing applications. Best of luck and I hope you hear from them soon!

did anyone who got that letter from napa state hospital confirming passage of an exam get any further clarity if that is just automatic regardless of interview or not?

I got something similar for another state hospital in California. I think it is confirmation of passing the first stage of the qualification process before you can be considered for an interview. My understanding is it is in response to the STD 678 form you had to complete.

I got something similar for another state hospital in California. I think it is confirmation of passing the first stage of the qualification process before you can be considered for an interview. My understanding is it is in response to the STD 678 form you had to complete.
Thank you!
I’m wondering if they process it for all candidates or just those that they will offer an interview to?

Thank you!
I’m wondering if they process it for all candidates or just those that they will offer an interview to?
I received a letter also of passing an exam but not sure if others received it. On previous posts some students stated they received a letter inquiring information on the social security number. Good luck

Official Site Name: University of Oregon counseling center
Date Invitation Received: 12/9
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): General
Offered Interview Dates: 12/19 and 12/20

Thank you!
I'm wondering about that as well... I also applied to Atascadero State Hospital and filled out the same form but did not receive a letter like this from them and then was rejected last week. So, maybe getting a letter from Napa is a good sign??

• Love
Thank you!
Good question! I assumed it was everyone because it was a state application.

This is also the feedback I received from the internship team at my program

Official Site Name: FCC Butner
Date Invitation Received: 12/10
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email
Offered Interview Dates: 1/6, 1/7, 1/15, and 1/16

New to the feed: Has anyone heard from FMC-Lexington? I thought their notification was due today, but I still haven't heard anything
I received an email stating that HR would reach out at a later date to schedule the interview. They stated that their interview states are Jan 13, 15, 17 and an in-person interview is required.

Official Site Name: National Psychology Training Consortium - Great Lakes Region
Date Invitation Received: 12/09
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Mass email, personal attachment with offer
Offered Interview Dates: 1/09 "open house starting at 5", 01/10 interview for sites you picked

This came in after 10 last night, EST, so I second the thoughts that NPTC (all the regions, not just cascade) was having some technical difficultly but working hard to meet their deadline of 12/09.

Official Site Name: UT Health-San Antonio
Date Invitation Received: 12/9/19
Method of invitation (phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): email
Specialty track or site (e.g. for consortiums): Integrated Primary Care Behavioral Health Track
Offered Interview Dates: 1/10 and 1/17

Anyone else hear from UT Health-San Antonio? Feeling sad that my classmates keep hearing back from sites that I applied to while I hear nothing either way...

Official Site Name: Drexel University Counseling Center
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Personal Email
Offered Interview Dates: 1/3 (Skype Only), 1/6, 1/9, 1/13, 1/14

I am still waiting on 11 more. I am thinking since December 15th is the deadline for most programs to notify, we will hear something by Friday the 13th.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else hear from UT Health-San Antonio? Feeling sad that my classmates keep hearing back from sites that I applied to while I hear nothing either way...
I’ve heard from the CBT track at UT Health SA, but I haven’t heard from any of their other tracks.

I am still waiting on 11 more. I am thinking since December 15th is the deadline for most programs to notify, we will hear something by Friday the 13th.

Friday the 13th. Nice. Focusing less on the idea that this date is "bad luck" and more on the idea that it could potentially be reframed as "magical." And 13 is a lucky number for Italians! May the luck of the Italians be with you all!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
I am going to need a thread on how to regain confidence before interviews given the crush of so many rejection letters.

Reactions: 9 users
Official Site Name: Rochester Institute of Technology-CHST Clinical Psychology Internship Training Program
Date Invitation Received: 12/10/19
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Rochester Regional Health Neuropsychology
Offered Interview Dates: 1/3, 1/6, 1/10
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: Holiday shopping for myself and others!

Reactions: 2 users
Happy Tuesday (worst day of the week in my humble opinion...too early to be hump day, too late to be the motivating beginning of the week that happens once every blue moon) everyone! Hang in there, we are SO CLOSE to being done with the waiting game!

Official Site Name: Mental Health Systems, PC/Training
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): n/a
Offered Interview Dates: "A handful of Fridays throughout January"

I'm nervous with just my 2 interviews so far, still have sites to hear back from. But knowing the stats when it comes to matching is making me worrisome.

I'm hoping you get more, but even if you don't - it only takes one. There was someone in my cohort who only got one interview (when the imbalance was far the other way) and that's where she matched.