APPIC Internship Interview Invitation Thread (2020)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection from Columbia University Irving Medical Center.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Official Site Name: Washington State University Cougar Health Services CAPS
Date Invitation Received: 12/10/2019
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Offered Interview Dates: 1/2/2020-1/10/20
If & How you're staying sane: Tennis, video games, and Disney Plus

Members don't see this ad :)
Got some new invites today. Now I am feeling the “burn” financially. I now need to begin re-arranging some interview dates, and possibly do a phone interview. I had car issues today which just set me back $540, plus Christmas stuff, and internship stuff.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Got some new invites today. Now I am feeling the “burn” financially. I now need to begin re-arranging some interview dates, and possibly do a phone interview. I had car issues today which just set me back $540, plus Christmas stuff, and internship stuff.
Hi, I'm just curious what the function of posting about getting invites is without sharing what they are on this forum?

Reactions: 15 users
Hi, I'm just curious what the function of posting about getting invites is without sharing what they are on this forum?

I guess it’s my own way of acknowledging that I also received some interviews while maintaining some level of privacy, and also adding other aspects of this process now weighing in on my decision...much like others.

I guess it’s my own way of acknowledging that I also received some interviews while maintaining some level of privacy, and also adding other aspects of this process now weighing in on my decision...much like others.
I guess it's more related to the fact that you put a lot of anxiety onto the forum when you insinuated people should be paranoid about sharing sites, and the fact that this is the interview invitation forum.

Reactions: 21 users
Has anyone heard from Pacific Psychology and Comprehensive Health Clinics? Their deadline was yesterday and it’s crickets over here. *Chirp chirp*

Has anyone heard from Pacific Psychology and Comprehensive Health Clinics? Their deadline was yesterday and it’s crickets over here. *Chirp chirp*

I was feeling the same anxiety, too.

I read their brochure posted through the appic page's link, and, it looks like on there it says on or before 12/13. I think that's likely the date they are operating by because I haven't heard from there either. I have also seen several other people post on here about not hearing from them.

Reactions: 2 users
I was feeling the same anxiety, too.

I read their brochure posted through the appic page's link, and, it looks like on there it says on or before 12/13. I think that's likely the date they are operating by because I haven't heard from there either. I have also seen several other people post on here about not hearing from them.

Ah I just saw that. Thank you! Hoping it’s good news for those of us waiting. Friday cannot come fast enough!!

Official Site Name: Lenox Hill Hospital
Date Invitation Received: 12/09
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): email
Offered Interview Dates: 01/06, 01/08, 01/13, 01/16

Official Site Name: Woodhull Medical Center
Date Invitation Received: 12/10
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): email
Offered Interview Dates: 01/07, 01/08, 01/13, 01/14

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else heard from Charlie Norwood? Notification date was 12/6...I have received nothing.

Official Site Name: Battle Creek VAMC
Date Invitation Received: 12/8
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): general track
Offered Interview Dates: 1/7 and 1/10 (morning and afternoon options)

Members don't see this ad :)

I have that their interview notification date is dec 13. So we still have a few days!

Has anyone else heard from Charlie Norwood? Notification date was 12/6...I have received nothing.

Crickets here too, but the APPIC page says 12/20 for the notification date. Other applicants received phone call interview invites prior to Thanksgiving, so my hopes have been muted.

Crickets here too, but the APPIC page says 12/20 for the notification date. Other applicants received phone call interview invites prior to Thanksgiving, so my hopes have been muted.

I don't know where you see that but I checked again and it says 12/6/19 for notification date. Either way, seems strange.

I have that their interview notification date is dec 13. So we still have a few days!

Thank you! I realized this later. Different dates between Appic website and site brochure. Best of luck! Hope you get happy news :)

Official Site Name: UC Davis Health CAARE Center
Date Invitation Received: 12/10/19
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Phone call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): CAARE Center
Offered Interview Dates: 1/21/20 or 1/22/20 (early morning and late morning options)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Still waiting to hear from Youth Opportunity Center. Someone reassure me that not hearing anything despite their notification date being yesterday is not a good reason to panic

Still waiting to hear from Youth Opportunity Center. Someone reassure me that not hearing anything despite their notification date being yesterday is not a good reason to panic
A lot of places are not notifying on their exact date. Also, this process sucks and their timing is not a reflection of the work you've put in to get to this point. <3

A lot of places are not notifying on their exact date. Also, this process sucks and their timing is not a reflection of the work you've put in to get to this point. <3

...I just want February to come along already. :p

...I just want February to come along already. :p

Right? My husband and I planned a weekend getaway starting February 21st to start recovery from this process! :p

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Official Site Name: Youth Opportunity Center
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): Email
Offered Interview Dates: 1/6, 1/10, 1/17

Right? My husband and I planned a weekend getaway starting February 21st to start recovery from this process! :p

My husband and I are sneaking in a mini-vacation when I go to NYC for an interview. We will be there for 3 days.

• Love
My husband and I are sneaking in a mini-vacation when I go to NYC for an interview. We will be there for 3 days.

Awesome. We need these breaks! Enjoy!

Official Site Name: University of North Carolina School of Medicine
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Forensic
Offered Interview Dates: 1/7, 1/8, 1/16, 1/17

Reactions: 3 users
Heard from Adler Juvenile Justice Facility and Tarzana Treatment Center (youth) this week! Still no word from Pacific (also youth) as well!

Official Site Name: University of North Carolina School of Medicine
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Forensic
Offered Interview Dates: 1/7, 1/8, 1/16, 1/17
Forensic at UNC... something to be VERY proud of! WOAH You go.

Reactions: 6 users
Rejection from University of Massachusetts Medical School/Worcester Recovery Center & Hospital on 12/10, mass email

Also, for those of you waiting on Pacific Islands VA, they haven't sent out any notifications yet, but I heard they are likely to go out later this week.

I don't know where you see that but I checked again and it says 12/6/19 for notification date. Either way, seems strange.

I see it here: APPIC under the heading, "Internship Application Process"

Not sure why we're seeing different things.

Started to count this one out after I saw they notified last week. Hold on to hope people!!

Official Site Name: Metropolitan State Hospital
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums):
Offered Interview Dates: 1/13, 1/14, 1/15, 1/16, 1/21
(In honor of last year) If & How you're staying sane: My sanity left me weeks ago

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I know that people have received interview offers from NYU/Bellevue. Has anyone received a rejection from them yet? Just trying to manage my already minimal expectations for an interview .....

So I received a rejection from UMASS/WRCH via email, and then about 20 minutes later received an email from them stating that "some of us" had received it in error. Did this happen to anyone else? I can handle a rejection but the uncertainty is worse!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
So I received a rejection from UMASS/WRCH via email, and then about 20 minutes later received an email from them stating that "some of us" had received it in error. Did this happen to anyone else? I can handle a rejection but the uncertainty is worse!
Happened to me too! Meanwhile I'm waiting to hear from my fav site (on paper) and assuming I'm rejected, so this turn of events is unhelpful

Happened to me too! Meanwhile I'm waiting to hear from my fav site (on paper) and assuming I'm rejected, so this turn of events is unhelpful

Ok so I never received the rejection email....but then I got the email stating some people received the first one in error. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Ok so I never received the rejection email....but then I got the email stating some people received the first one in error. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Did you receive an invitation from them at a prior time? or have you not heard anything? This is so confusing!

Rejection from University of Massachusetts Medical School/Worcester Recovery Center & Hospital on 12/10, mass email
Like everyone else has mentioned, I also received an email stating that this was an error. It seems like this has happened at other sites as well. I'm sure they're managing a number of applicants and mistakes like this are par for the course. Hopefully we'll find out soon!

Heard from Adler Juvenile Justice Facility and Tarzana Treatment Center (youth) this week! Still no word from Pacific (also youth) as well!

That’s awesome!! I haven’t heard from Alder . Now I’m nervous haha.

• Sad
New to the feed: Has anyone heard from FMC-Lexington? I thought their notification was due today, but I still haven't heard anything
Are you planning to write to the training director? I didn't apply there but I applied to another BOP that no one has heard from and want to gauge whether or not to contact them if they go past their notification deadline!

Anyone heard from:
Department of state hospitals- Napa
Ancora psychiatric hospital
Pennsylvania hospital
Health East care system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checking if anyone has heard from The School at Columbia or the Washburn Center for Children? Thank you!!