APPIC Interview Invitation Thread (2021)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear from Sharp yet? I know the deadline is today!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally received my rejection from Salt Lake City VA. Mass email
I don't have anything in my email (or junk) from them, so idk what that means. I have had some emails from VAs never get delivered. I guess I'll just wait until the end of the business day to inquire.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't have anything in my email (or junk) from them, so idk what that means. I have had some emails from VAs never get delivered. I guess I'll just wait until the end of the business day to inquire.
I got it around 2pm EST in my junk!

Official Site Name: Sharp Healthcare
Date Invitation Received: 12/21/20
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): not addressed to me personally, so most likely mass email.
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): n/a
Interview Dates Offered: 1/28, 1/29, 2/1, 2/2

This was the last notification I was waiting on, so glad to end on a high note. Onwards and upwards with our interviews! I wish everyone the best of luck :woot:

Reactions: 4 users
Welp rounding this wild ride out with the final 2 sites I was waiting on! Solid note to end off on following last week's slew of rejections. Dreaming big over here! Really love the support i've found in our collective anxieties-- best of luck to every one of you stellar clinicians!

Official Site Name: Woodhull Medical Center
Date Invitation Received: 12/19
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): email
Interview Dates Offered: 1/6/21, 1/7/21, 1/12/21, 1/14/21

Official Site Name: Sharp San Diego
Date Invitation Received: 12/21
Interview Dates Offered: 1/28, 1/29, 2/1, 2/2

Reactions: 6 users
Hopefully we hear something early this week before the holidays to schedule the CVA...
Especially since they need completed prior to virtual interviews. Luckily I’ve scheduled all mine for the end of January.

Reactions: 1 users
Especially since they need completed prior to virtual interviews. Luckily I’ve scheduled all mine for the end of January.
Same! I have one scheduled for the end of January. I am still waiting to schedule my other two but I want them all scheduled so I just know when everything is haha this makes me super anxious not hearing back...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you end up contacting them?

I scheduled mine but still have no clue how to prepare. Well, I know we can’t really prepare but still.

Heard back from Salt Lake City VA. They've had several issues with notifications so if you haven't heard definitely reach out!

Reactions: 1 user
FBOP: Did anyone else be assigned a date and time for the CVA with no input on your availability? Also the email started out saying it was my “courtesy interview”?

FBOP: Did anyone else be assigned a date and time for the CVA with no input on your availability? Also the email started out saying it was my “courtesy interview”?
Hmm. interesting. I did not receive an email like this but did receive one from Allen wood TD offering a bunch of days/times for the virtual interview. It also said the HR individual coordinating in person interviews was going to be out until next mon 12/28. I’m a little shocked they approached it like that with you honestly like wut

For those interviewing at Atascadero State Hospital: have you received the WebEx invitation yet? The TD indicated in an email that one would be sent out last week, but I haven't received one yet. Just want to make sure that isn't a bad sign or anything haha

For those interviewing at Atascadero State Hospital: have you received the WebEx invitation yet? The TD indicated in an email that one would be sent out last week, but I haven't received one yet. Just want to make sure that isn't a bad sign or anything haha

I have not!

Hey friends! Has anyone completed the VAPIHCS written interview yet? Looking for more intel so I can know how to plan/prep. Thank you everyone and good luck!

What is the acceptable timeline for sending thank you emails? Can I send one 4 days after the interview? Thought I had sent one to a site but it never left my email :/
I did one 4 days later and it was fine and they were very gracious and it seemed well received.

3CD6603F-B4C3-4B11-A5F8-B8E0A28F6802.jpeg

Happy Holidays to everyone! I hope you are all able to get some rest before the interviews start/continue! 🥰

• Care
  • Love
Hi everyone! Has anyone confirmed their interview date for the Ohio Psychology Internship - Forensic Track??

Hello everyone! I hope you're keeping sane during this intense time!

For people interviewing at CUMC, when did you receive the information you needed for your interview day? And what did you receive? I haven't heard anything from them after the phone call during which I scheduled my interview.

Hello everyone! I hope you're keeping sane during this intense time!

For people interviewing at CUMC, when did you receive the information you needed for your interview day? And what did you receive? I haven't heard anything from them after the phone call during which I scheduled my interview.
Is CUMC Columbia? If so, I had the same concern, I got the phone call on a Friday and didn’t receive the email until the following Wednesday-so don’t worry! You’ll definitely get it before your interview :) good luck!

Has anyone had any group interviews in addition to individual? If so, what were some of the questions that you were asked during the group portion? Also how comfortable was it doing these via zoom?

Has anyone had any group interviews in addition to individual? If so, what were some of the questions that you were asked during the group portion? Also how comfortable was it doing these via zoom?
I did a group interview recently. It was a little awkward via Zoom but we basically just all took turns answering the questions. We were asked about our career goals, how our dissertations will aid our work at the site, and to share a pivotal learning experience from our training.

I did a group interview recently. It was a little awkward via Zoom but we basically just all took turns answering the questions. We were asked about our career goals, how our dissertations will aid our work at the site, and to share a pivotal learning experience from our training.
Thank you! That is helpful

Is CUMC Columbia? If so, I had the same concern, I got the phone call on a Friday and didn’t receive the email until the following Wednesday-so don’t worry! You’ll definitely get it before your interview :) good luck!
Yes, it is Columbia! How far before your interview did you get it? I scheduled mine mid-December and haven't gotten an email, but my interview is in two weeks. Thanks!

Yes, it is Columbia! How far before your interview did you get it? I scheduled mine mid-December and haven't gotten an email, but my interview is in two weeks. Thanks!
if it's any comfort i'm in the same boat - scheduled early december and interview in two weeks and haven't heard anything.

I got my email only 2 days before my interview! I think they first have to figure out interview schedules/who is interviewing you and at what times, etc. and will send closer to your interview

Anyone heard back from Jefferson County Internship Consortium in Kentucky? I got an email from the TD 2 weeks ago exactly saying they are a bit delayed bc she is resigning and someone else is coming in. She said they expect to have offers out within two weeks - which would mean today... anyone heard anything?

FBOP people - is anyone else STILL waiting to hear back about the in person / CVA portion of the interview?

FBOP people - is anyone else STILL waiting to hear back about the in person / CVA portion of the interview?
YES. my interview with the site itself is mid January but starting to become concerned that I have several other interviews that will limit my availability before then for the CVA/in person portion

Official Site Name: Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
Date Invitation Received: 12/28
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): n/a
Interview Dates Offered: group interview and individual interview dates TBD

YES. my interview with the site itself is mid January but starting to become concerned that I have several other interviews that will limit my availability before then for the CVA/in person portion
I got an email today that said they’re allowing people to interview before CVAs in rare circumstances. But I also had my CVA scheduled with no input on the date-which of course I have another site scheduled for. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Okay...
Has anyone who received an interview offer from Miami VA (general track) heard back about dates yet?

Does anyone know what it means for a site to say they are not an APPIC member

I’m concerned about this as well.. I scheduled my virtual interview with the actual site for the latest date possible, but I’m running out of days that I’m available for the CVA...

I got an email today that said they’re allowing people to interview before CVAs in rare circumstances. But I also had my CVA scheduled with no input on the date-which of course I have another site scheduled for. 🤦🏼‍♀️
That’s so weird. How did you handle this?? I’m concerned they may do the same thing to me and not sure how I should navigate that situation

Yes! I can look to see when I scheduled it for if that’s helpful.
I interviewed there and I loved it, the people who interviewed me were so sweet and they seemed like we would get along well. I liked the opportunities there too.