Apple Stock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BLADEMDA

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When should I sell this stock? I've got huge gains in Apple and was wondering when to sell this position. Apple seems at the pinnacle of its achievements right now. Is there really any way this company can keep up the growth rate?

I figure Jobs left a few products in the wings. But, every company at some point slows down and when that happens investors sell the stock. I'd rather sell early then be left holding the bag.

I'm thinking $900 to $1,000 for an exit point. I can scale out starting around $900.

Any opinions?

The iPhone 5 will be a huge winner this year and next.

Members don't see this ad.

Market timing individual securities is generally a bad idea. Sorry. I have no answer for you. I would sell it now if I were you.

The iPhone 5 will be a huge winner this year and next.

Most definitely agree. I'd wait to see how the holiday numbers of iPhones play out. I have a hard time believing that Apple can continue increasing volume of iPhones indefinitely, but I suppose every iPhone adopter is getting the newest version as soon as their 2 year contract is up. So, as more people get iPhones, 2 years later, more people are in the market for the new one.

I guess I'd wait until the month (or maybe quarter) when Apple doesn't sell more iPhones than the same quarter a year before. Then, you can perhaps assume that they have saturated the market, and people are merely renewing instead of Apple bringing new people into the smartphone market.

Screw all the rest of the stuff they sell. Apple is now a phone company with a few other peripheral products for sale.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most definitely agree. I'd wait to see how the holiday numbers of iPhones play out. I have a hard time believing that Apple can continue increasing volume of iPhones indefinitely, but I suppose every iPhone adopter is getting the newest version as soon as their 2 year contract is up. So, as more people get iPhones, 2 years later, more people are in the market for the new one.

I guess I'd wait until the month (or maybe quarter) when Apple doesn't sell more iPhones than the same quarter a year before. Then, you can perhaps assume that they have saturated the market, and people are merely renewing instead of Apple bringing new people into the smartphone market.

Screw all the rest of the stuff they sell. Apple is now a phone company with a few other peripheral products for sale.

This. Most people, once they buy into the iPhone, continue to stay with it. Apple has plenty of planned obsolescence in their iOS upgrades. Siri wasn't the hit that Apple thought it'd be, but the dictation and voice recognition system is pretty useful once you start using it. Aside from the feature upgrades, the whole App market locks users into the iPhone platform and is most certainly a barrier to overcome if wanting to switch to Android/Windows (for those that purchase Apps). Plus, it just works and with iOS6, if you own a iMac/MacBook and/or iPad, the integration across devices is only getting better.

The iPad is most certainly a product that will have continued growth. I think the one of the most anticipated areas for Apple to grow is in the TV market. Whether they produce an actual TV set with integrated software or produce a set-top box, it will likely be a big hit. It'll be another year or two before this actually comes to fruition, though. The biggest obstacle to overcome is the production and cable networks. I think Apple really wants to push a la carte style channel and/or series subscription model that is live and on-demand. This is going to be met with a lot of resistance.

In other words, there likely isn't too much in the short-term future that will really drive the stock up, aside from their iPhone5 sales, a potential low-price point iPad mini, and an expensive MacBook 13" retina -- but I wouldn't expect anything earth shattering. Long-term, if they're able to crack the TV entertainment market, they have a lot of potential growth.

Not sure Blade.

iPhone 5 didn't look ground breaking to me.

Windows 8 is amazing (been using it for over 4 months).

Kindle Fire is getting close to an iPad for less $.

Not sure Blade.

We agree that Apple will eventually hit a wall in terms of growth. That is why I am looking to sell at some point- most likely next year.

Not sure Blade.

iPhone 5 is nowhere near ground breaking. It's nothing more than an upgrade from the iPhone 4. The big upgrade is iOS6, which is available to iPhone 4 and 4S, however, there aren't really any exclusive features to the iPhone 5, as the 4S still has the new iOS features available.

I can't talk about Windows 8, as I haven't ever used it. I have heard great things about it, however the app market is still tiny compared to Android and iPhone, and as more people are making the jump from PC to Mac, they are less likely to buy a Windows phone.

iPad mini is thought to be brought to the market to compete with the price point and physical size of the Kindle Fire. I doubt Apple will bring an ad-supported version of their product to the market, so the Fire will likely win a true price point battle.

It's hard to predict how the market will react to Apple not continuing to break every record with their new products. I think their smartphone/tablet/notebook market will hold steady, but not likely blow anyone away. Their victory against Samsung for the patents was big, and will give them an edge. The next "big thing" would be the TV/cable market. If they are able to break into that, think about the growth Apple revolutionizing the music industry happening to the television/cable industry. That won't be anytime soon, though.

I'd just set a stop loss 5% or so below the current value and raise your sell point to keep it at 5% below the current price as it goes up / if it goes up. I guess I think you are more likely to miss out on gains by selling at this point than you are to take a 5% loss as it declines vs just selling today.

I'd just set a stop loss 5% or so below the current value and raise your sell point to keep it at 5% below the current price as it goes up / if it goes up. I guess I think you are more likely to miss out on gains by selling at this point than you are to take a 5% loss as it declines vs just selling today.

I'm not worried about a stop loss. Apple Stock will hit $750 next year. Will it hit $900? I don't know but that's my sell point.

I'm not worried about a stop loss. Apple Stock will hit $750 next year. Will it hit $900? I don't know but that's my sell point.

I don't think I'd be selling after a good run up unless I needed the money.
I'd rather take a small, limited loss by selling on the way down than miss out on the relatively unlimited potential upside.
I'd be kicking myself if I sold at $750 on it's way to $900. I wouldn't feel too bad selling at $700 after it hits $750 followed by bad news and a big drop.

Last edited:
blade, i established a decent position back in '09... low 80s, sold a 1/3 at 200. gotten trigger happy a bunch of times since. iphone 5 will be a big hit but the competition is getting fierce out there. my cousin recently got her hands on a galaxy 3 and despite the apple fanboy that i am i must admit it is a nice piece of technology-- copied or not. apple's current dominance is unquestionable though... all they do is sell more iphones/ipads at incredible margins and come to find out today even their laptops are gaining sizable market share. i have no clue when to sell, but your price target of 900 is as good as any i've seen!

You sound like those analysts in the 90s that told us that dot coms would go through the roof, and the nasdaq was going to hit 8000. Your analysis smacks of arrogance and you talk about the certainty of $750 like you know something but all you're basing this on is guesses.

You think the iPhone 5 will sell a lot of units and make apple a ton of $$? I'm shocked (sarcasm intended).......everyone and their mother realizes that apple will sell a bunch and make some $$, this is likely already priced into the stock right now because well, it's common knowledge, or more appropriately common speculation. What we don't know is how many they will sell. Will the iPhone continue to gain market share or will it plateau? Will it sell enough units to meet their estimates? There is nothing revolutionary about the new iPhone and as other have said, there are no features that cannot be found in other cheaper phones. How will this affect Apples bottom line going forward? Even if they sell a ton of units, if they don't meet projections then the stock will fall.

So I go back to my original question, how are you so sure apple will get to $750? How did you even come up with that number? A stocks will only go higher if people support it, will someone pay $750 in the belief it will go even higher? I look at apple as a really risky buy right now. In the last year it has gone from a stock trading in the 300s all the way up to the 660s. This run up was based mostly on their iPhone and iPad line that were significantly better than everything else on the market. Steve Jobs died, the new iPhone is good but not revolutionary, and the iPad is no longer the untouchable tablet it once was. This has already started with the kindle fire and nexus 7. IMO over the next year or 2, the rest of the computer world will catch up to apple and I'm not so sure they will be able to keep people paying a premium for their products, it's just the natural cycle of the tech industry, look at AOL, remember them? Unless apple continues to the push the envelope of tech their share prices will start to decline. Apples stock has all the makings of a bubble and I don't want to be there when it pops. I would get out ASAP but that's just me.

We agree that Apple will eventually hit a wall in terms of growth. That is why I am looking to sell at some point- most likely next year.

Perhaps, but I doubt it's any time soon. IMHO, Apple still has a sold 3-5 years of growth before it stagnates, a state that I believe it will stay in for a few years before it finally starts to decline.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Apple may sell as many as 58 million units of the iPhone 5 by the end of the year, according the average estimate of analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. That could generate as much as $36.2 billion in sales for Apple, according to data (AAPL) compiled by Bloomberg."
Apple sports the biggest market cap of any company in the world—$478 billion. But it trades at just 12.1 times projected fiscal 2012 earnings per share. (Apple's fiscal year ends in September.) Take away net cash of $100 billion (yes, that's billion) and the stock is even cheaper.
Sales grew by 66% in fiscal 2011, and Standard & Poor's forecasts 48% sales growth in fiscal 2012. Gross margins are climbing. Standard & Poor's forecasts that 2012 gross margins will climb in fiscal 2012 from Apple's 40% in fiscal 2011.

Yeah... I'm getting ready to upgrade to an iphone 5 in November... and with xmas right around the corner... I'm thinking they will hit $750 by the end of the year if nothing drastic hasppens politically and economically (jobs report, unemployment, no QE, etc.)

It's not just about the Iphone 5 and their deals with different phone providers. Make no mistake... this company is still growing.

But if something drastic happens... shares can drop substantially as investors try and take a profit.

You sound like those analysts in the 90s that told us that dot coms would go through the roof, and the nasdaq was going to hit 8000. Your analysis smacks of arrogance and you talk about the certainty of $750 like you know something but all you're basing this on is guesses.

I don't think he is basing it on guesses. There is concrete data that supports it. For example... all the iphone 5 pre-orders were sold out in ONE hour. That is 20X faster than the Iphone 4. Translation = REAL DEMAND.

Apple is already hitting near $700. THERE IS NO DOUBT they will hit $750.

Just wait and see.

I don't think he is basing it on guesses. There is concrete data that supports it. For example... all the iphone 5 pre-orders were sold out in ONE hour. That is 20X faster than the Iphone 4. Translation = REAL DEMAND.

Just wait and see.

I agree. They have a kung-fu grip on the phone/tablet market and this helps support it. Now they are continuing to encroach into the software/OS market that Microsoft has been the king of. You buy one Apple product, you are just that more likely to buy one of their other ones in the future. The OS integration is what is going to keep increasing the demand.

Just wait and see.
got up a little earlier than usual this morning and managed to put my upgrade order in through att... not a single hiccup-- transaction smooth as butter. running out of iphones in less than a hour?? *wink wink* apple know how the game is played-- those headlines create even more hysteria. as an owner of aapl i can't help but sit back and smile :)

Apple will keep on trucking higher. It's short sighted to look at individual products in order to evaluate the full potential of the company. You need to factor in the ecosystem they continue to build and perfect, the momentum, and sentiment. No one else even comes close. This is only the beginning.. wait until they take over TV.

Apple is headed for $1000, probably by the end of next year. I've got 3 900/950 bull call spreads that expire Jan14, thinking of buying a few more.

If I owned a large block of Apple shares I'd sell out of the money weekly calls to create a little dividend. Apple premiums are huge and evaporate quickly as you approach expiration. That money is free for the taking-- every week.

iPhone 5 is nowhere near ground breaking. It's nothing more than an upgrade from the iPhone 4. The big upgrade is iOS6, which is available to iPhone 4 and 4S, however, there aren't really any exclusive features to the iPhone 5, as the 4S still has the new iOS features available.

Uh, clearly you forgot the 4G-LTE capability that the iPhone 5 has which the 4 and 4S do not. THAT is a HUGE difference, even if the rest of the phone stayed the same, and would be reason enough for many to switch, at least if you're a Verizon customer (since their 4G market is markedly ahead of all the others combined).

But if something drastic happens... shares can drop substantially as investors try and take a profit.

There's the issue. I think a LOT of people will start selling in the next month or two. Nothing keeps going forever, despite rosy predictions.

Just wait and see.

I don't disagree that iPhone is a hot product, neither does anyone else. I just believe that part of the reason that apples stock is so high is because everyone else knows this as well. Most people expected the iPhone to sell like hotcakes and demand to be high. The only question is can apple continue to keep up with their own lofty expections? I'm not so sure about that. Here's an article from that articulates my point much better than I could.

Has Apple Jumped the Shark?

Apple is starting to play catch up to other tech companies. You can easily transfer data from apple applications to a PC if you wish so you're no longer locked into an apple product once you buy one. The new windows operating system is getting closer and closer to what apple is doing and other tech companies are making significant inroads into their ultrabook and tablet sales. Apple will always have a loyal following but as other companies produce better products their market share is sure to decrease because of the premium prices they demand.

To me apple looks like a company that had a very good run w/a set of products that were head and shoulders above the competition but that seems to be coming to end. Look at the iPod. A revolutionary product back in the day but it is obsolete now and the only reason people don't seem to notice is because it was replaced by another apple product, the iPhone.

Make no mistake, I don't believe apple is going bankrupt tomorrow or that apple will no longer sell products. I'm simply saying that apple may become a victim of it's own high expectations and right now the stocks price is a reflection of those lofty expectations. If apple does not sell products as expected or loses market share, expect the price of this stock to fall even if apple continues to be a profitable company. I see apple similar to microsoft in the mid 90s. If you look at a 20 year chart of MSFT you'll see a run up and a sharp peak is 1999 when the stock hit ~60, then a steep decline and over the next 10 years its been hovering about 30. It wouldn't surprise me at all the see apple suffer a similar fate where it peaks, then recedes, and settles in a more reasonable trading range. Will it hit 750 short term? Maybe but I highly doubt it hits 900. IMO this is a stock and company that's overvalued right now and while I don't believe they will collapse tomorrow, next week, or next month, I'm not counting on continued growth over the next 5 years like we've seen in the last 5. To me this looks like a buy high and sell higher stock and that strategy never seems to work.

Uh, clearly you forgot the 4G-LTE capability that the iPhone 5 has which the 4 and 4S do not. THAT is a HUGE difference, even if the rest of the phone stayed the same, and would be reason enough for many to switch, at least if you're a Verizon customer (since their 4G market is markedly ahead of all the others combined).

4G isn't exclusive to apple, many android phones have had this feature for a while. Sure some iPhone users will make the upgrade to iPhone 5 for the 4g but many droid users already have it and don't see the need to switch.

My analysis shows Fair Value for Apple around $680.00 In addition, forward PE is around 13.
So, is Apple overvalued? Hardly. This stock would need to DOUBLE from here to get a valuation any where near over-valued levels.

Apple wil hit $900. I'm betting on it. I can wait the 24-36 months until it hits $900.

Has anyone seen the Nokia Limia 920 with Windows 8? Looks like Apple has their workout for the iPhone 6.

[YOUTUBE]V8_Z7_kJ3_g[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]8Q8tlSDpVDI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the Nokia Limia 920 with Windows 8? Looks like Apple has their workout for the iPhone 6.

Certainly a great phone, but I'm bearish of the long-term viability of the OS. Microsoft needs to shell out hundreds of millions to get developers to port major apps over to Windows Phone. Apps I use every day like my chess program, Angry Birds, Draw Something, Medscape, Mint, Google Drive, etc. aren't on there. And the weak sales of Windows Phone devices aren't making a stronger case to developers either. Microsoft is probably too late to the party to really impact the market. Nokia is a zombie company that will shuffle on for a while longer, but will inevitably go bankrupt.

4G isn't exclusive to apple, many android phones have had this feature for a while. Sure some iPhone users will make the upgrade to iPhone 5 for the 4g but many droid users already have it and don't see the need to switch.

Beat me to it. 4G LTE is too carrier dependent for availability. I agree that it's definitely a huge upgrade, but it's likely not going to be widely available to everyone for another year. And has been stated, many of the android phones have had this for a while.

The processor and RAM upgrade is pretty impressive, if the leaked benchmarks are true.

Market timing individual securities is generally a bad idea. Sorry. I have no answer for you. I would sell it now if I were you.

Your statement is generally true; however, an analysis of under-valued stocks from my source has outperformed the S&P 500 over the past 3 years (easily). Market timing based on valuation is a lot different than momentum trading or options trading.

I can see how you are skeptical but overall the VALUATION strategy has worked well for me over the past 3 years. The key isn't the PURCHASE it is the SALE which matters most; that is, selling the stock as it becomes fully valued is central to this strategy.

In addition, a portion of your portfolio should be set aside for this type of "investing" with the majority of your money invested in good, low cost, diversified funds or ETFs.

I'll be happy to bring this thread back up when Apple hits $900.:D

Every doctor wants to be a stock trader but I don't know how many people would allow a stock trader to take out their appendix.

How many of the following did you own in 2000?: CSCO, INTC, MSFT, ORCL, LU, AMAT, AOL,JDSU,NORTEL,WCOM? etc, When did they disappear from your portfolio and memory?

I bet that there are one or two one that list. :D

Yeah but..... but...but....

Apple is different.....:p

;)

I think the tech boom is still going strong for APPLE. I have completely rid myself of all microsoft products. I've had my Mac Air for 4 years. It's still flawless. Can't say the same for any of my old microsoft laptops or desktops for that matter.

I love coming home and running everything through my Iphone. Turn on my Marantz Receiver, turn on my TV, turn on my Apple TV and watch some Battlestar Galactica via netflix, check my email both private and work related, view pics, watch some good YouTube vids my buddies send me via email, FaceTime with my family in California, check my portfolio and the stock market, run my personal music through my receiver... all this and more from my couch with my feet kicked up in the air while I sip on some Glenlivet 18 on the rocks... via wifi.

I love this technology. It's certainly fun to use... My next move is lighting in the house via my Iphone (turn everything on lighting, music, etc, on the way home from work) and remote camera to check on the pets from work (whose been naughty and whose been nice?).

It's the Apple ECO SYSTEM that makes this company so valuable. You walk into any of our OR's and you will find 2-8 ipads, iphones, chargers etc....

It's infectious.

homeriphone.jpg

Every doctor wants to be a stock trader but I don't know how many people would allow a stock trader to take out their appendix.

There's a guy on another message board I frequent who, I believe, is a vascular surgeon local to my area. He is absolutely THE MAN on calling AAPL trades. Starting last fall he created a prospective AAPL trading portfolio using his own real cash. He started at 25K, and was up 2-3x last I heard in April. All trades were posted publicly on the board the night prior, so there was no cheating. He used a variety of option strategies. Over the last two years he's had some neat trading strategies for AAPL that generally have worked out well. For example, AAPL can be counted on to trade up consistently into earnings reports. So he buys longer time frame close to the money calls, and sells "half-cover" weekly calls against them (for example, if he owns 10 calls, he'll sell 5 higher strike weeklies against them). He then sets limit orders to buy back the weeklies once they have lost half their value (usually by Wednesday before expiration). He has a disaster stop in place to take him out entirely if the stock drops below a key price point. I've done this one with success, and will probably do it again if we pull back.

And Sevo- I agree with you on it being all about the ECOSYSTEM. That's something the negative bloggers never seem to factor in.

And Sevo- I agree with you on it being all about the ECOSYSTEM. That's something the negative bloggers never seem to factor in.

On the flip side, something the positive bloggers :) never seem to factor in is that the current stock price probably factors in widespread recognition that they have an ecosystem of neat products.

What makes you think that your appreciation for their products isn't shared by everyone else who invests in Apple? And that your fellow shareholders' expectations concerning iPhone 5 sales and future TV appliance sales aren't why the price is what it is today?

There's a lot of TrueBeliever certainty in this thread.

I don't have the stomach for faith-based investing, but I wish y'all luck. :)

Well, I'm just glad I'll never have to look at an MS DOS mode start up again. Ughhh, countless hours of frustration are no more. :idea:

Apple up 1.25% today when the market is down... and broke $700 after hours.

just saying... :)

There's a guy on another message board I frequent who, I believe, is a vascular surgeon local to my area. He is absolutely THE MAN on calling AAPL trades. Starting last fall he created a prospective AAPL trading portfolio using his own real cash. He started at 25K, and was up 2-3x last I heard in April. All trades were posted publicly on the board the night prior, so there was no cheating. He used a variety of option strategies. Over the last two years he's had some neat trading strategies for AAPL that generally have worked out well. For example, AAPL can be counted on to trade up consistently into earnings reports. So he buys longer time frame close to the money calls, and sells "half-cover" weekly calls against them (for example, if he owns 10 calls, he'll sell 5 higher strike weeklies against them). He then sets limit orders to buy back the weeklies once they have lost half their value (usually by Wednesday before expiration). He has a disaster stop in place to take him out entirely if the stock drops below a key price point. I've done this one with success, and will probably do it again if we pull back.

Ask anyone at a poker table if they are winning poker players and everyone one of them will say yes. Poker is a negative sum game, just like the stock market, and for there to be a winners there must also be losers. I've never met any self proclaimed losing poker players, only big winners and small winners. However, after about 30 minutes at the table I can always tell the winners from the losers regardless of the results. In the short term losers will continue to win if they get good cards and winners will continue to lose if they get drawn out on. Over the long term however the winners win and the losers lose. People who trade stocks seem to fall into the same catagories

Last edited:
Well, I'm just glad I'll never have to look at an MS DOS mode start up again. Ughhh, countless hours of frustration are no more. :idea:

Apple up 1.25% today when the market is down... and broke $700 after hours.

just saying... :)

Short term fluctuations mean nothing. Apple may hit 750 out inertia and it wouldn't surprise me. I'd like to revisit this thread in 3 years and see how things shake out.

Short term fluctuations mean nothing. Apple may hit 750 out inertia and it wouldn't surprise me. I'd like to revisit this thread in 3 years and see how things shake out.

Doze, this isn't 2000. I have one word for all of you: PE.

Once Apple's earnings start to fall off and the PE climbs the stock will be a sell. Right now, the PE is cheap and I believe the Earnings will suprise to the upside in 2013.

That said, Doze is correct. I lost a lot of money in 2000 when the burble burst so I'm much more careful these days. Mutual Funds, ETFs and VALUE STOCKS. Even if you are growing like a weed I don't buy high PE stocks any longer. HHence, I never owned Salesforce.com. Chipotle (a good company) or even NetFlix. When you buy value stocks (after they have settled into a range over a month or two) your down side is limited while upside is huge.

For Example, I bought Cisco at 13. Corning at 9.00, BAC at 7.5 (I thought Warren Buffet was a genius but the stock went below 6), WFC, USB, JPM, etc.

Every one of these stocks was trashed by WallStreet before I bought them. This is what I am seeing with Coal Stocks and Steel right now along with Natural Gas. Will I make money? Yes. I'm diversified among these names and will wait the 2-3 years for the LOVE to return to the sector by the Street.

There is nothing new in investing. Only the investing history that you don't know.

Hang in there. The stock looks inexpensive at these values. Everyone wants an iPhone 5. Sales will be red hot this quarter. Apple makes money, a lot of money every quarter.

Everyone knows apple makes money, that's why the stock is where it is so what makes your analysis special? Everyone knows apple will sell a lot of iPhone 5s, does that mean the stock will go up? Not necessarily. A stocks value isn't the same as a companies value. The stocks value reflects the companies value plus the expectations of investors and speculators. It doesn't matter if apples sales are red hot this quarter because everyone expect them to be red hot. What really matters is whether they will beat the expectations or not. If they fail to meet expectations of the street, even if they have a profitable quarter, the stock price will fall. What is apple's new hot product? The iPhone 5 is nice but stale, nothing really ground breaking there. The new iPad is kinda meh and mispriced IMO. I just don't see the same upside for apple that you do. I don't see a nose dive in the company but if you're expecting the same types of returns you've seen in the last few years I think you will be sorely dissappointed.

What happened with iPhone 5 release was a classic "buy the rumor and sell the news" scenario. You buy the stock when the new product is announced and sell as soon as it is released scalping the profit. I think that's what doze meant with his comment.

Hang in there. The stock looks inexpensive at these values. Everyone wants an iPhone 5. Sales will be red hot this quarter. Apple makes money, a lot of money every quarter.

It's not about making money. It's about expectations. I think the ipad mini is a poor decision.

I am bearish on Apple.

It's not about making money. It's about expectations. I think the ipad mini is a poor decision.

I am bearish on Apple.

I heard the same comments when I bought the stock 300 points ago. You were wrong then just as you are wrong now. AAPLE will be back at $750 by the end of the next quarter if Mitt Romney wins the Presidency.

I heard the same comments when I bought the stock 300 points ago. You were wrong then just as you are wrong now. AAPLE will be back at $750 by the end of the next quarter if Mitt Romney wins the Presidency.

I hate to say it and I am not going to waste time to elaborate. Based on what you said, you are a noivce in stock investment. Just because you are lucky on your 100% return on Apple, doesn't mean you are now a fortune teller. Do whatever you want, it's your money.

I hate to say it and I am not going to waste time to elaborate. Based on what you said, you are a noivce in stock investment. Just because you are lucky on your 100% return on Apple, doesn't mean you are now a fortune teller. Do whatever you want, it's your money.

I'm not a novice. I've been creamed many times. Apple is a solid company with a low PE ratio. Lets see what happens over the next 6 months. That's what makes a market.

I'm a seller of this stock at some point. I recognize the growth can't continue like this forever. But, apple is still expanding market share and building a fan base around the word. I like my Aaple products and don't mind paying a premium for them.

How high can this stock go? I don't know. $1200?? But I'll be out before it hits $1,000