Applicant with more than one red flag? Is there redemption?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AJconnexin

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
I graduated in 2002. IMG. 196, 216(3rd attempt), CS- ECFMG 2008, No step 3.

2 Pathology observerships
1 Path LOR, haven't requested one from the second place where I did an observership.

I want a Pathology residency.
2014 MA Biotechnology.


I have been working in research for 4 years. One paper and another on the way.

Is there any chance if I complete STEP3 that there will be some program which will give me the green flag?
 
Last edited:
Hi!
I graduated in 2002. IMG. 196, 216(3rd attempt), CS- ECFMG 2008, No step 3.

2 Pathology observerships
1 Path LOR, haven't requested one from the second place where I did an observership.

I want a Pathology residency.
2014 MA Biotechnology.


I have been working in research for 4 years. One paper and another on the way.

Is there any chance if I complete STEP3 that there will be some program which will give me the green flag?
My friend graduated in the 90s from foreign school. Did not practice since then until he decided to apply here in US and study for USMLE. He matched and already started practicing. But his STEP score was in 240s. He had nothing else done for the past 15-20 years at all, since he graduated in foreign country and moved to US. He lived here and worked various jobs. Just heard that it is possible to directly start from residency. Did that. Got decent score and now he is practicing MD.

Looks like it is possible.