This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Don Swan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'll be finishing my masters in the first week of July and final grades will be posted no later than one week after that, so my question: should I delay submitting my application until I get my completed transcript or submit now? I'm worried that if I submit now and my GPA gets verified that I'll have to wait until the academic update to submit my completed transcripts. My masters GPA will show up as a 3.54 right now, but my completed transcript would be a 3.70. Appreciate any input!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Get your apps in as soon as you can. It takes 2-4 weeks for them to update your grades anyway so you won't be missing out on much. The vast majority of interview invites don't happen until August and September so you still got plenty of time. A 3.54 isn't bad... I got accepted to 3 schools with a 3.0 BCP, 3.2 sGPA and 3.4 oGPA

Reactions: 1 users
Get your apps in as soon as you can. It takes 2-4 weeks for them to update your grades anyway so you won't be missing out on much. The vast majority of interview invites don't happen until August and September so you still got plenty of time. A 3.54 isn't bad... I got accepted to 3 schools with a 3.0 BCP, 3.2 sGPA and 3.4 oGPA

Right. The only thing I'm concerned about is that since my undergrad oGPA is a 3.37 and sGPA of a 3.32, showing a 3.54 during my masters (so far) makes it seem like I didn't really improve as a student. But, I'll definitely consider your advice!