application timing

Started by peabody
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

peabody

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am taking my pre-requisites post-bacc. If I took physics and chem this year, and o-chem next summer, would it make sense to apply for fall 2004? Or would my application be too late (considering I will still be in o-chem that summer)? Thanks, and good luck to all still on wait lists!!
 
If you take the MCAT in August of 2003 than yes, you can apply for entrance to medical school in Aug/Sep of 2004. You would just be in Organic I and II (assuming your school is like mine Jun and July) while studying for the MCAT. I am currently in Organic II and it is a lot of work but doable personally I would not be able to take Organic I and II plus study for the MCAT and apply in the same month/s (but that is just me).